April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    That is the Spokane River in Washington. The Centennial Trail is the paved trail we're on, over 60 miles in length total between Nine Mile Falls and Coeur d'Alene Idaho. I haven't run here often in the past, but will spend more time here in the future. No traffic and great views!
    It looks like a great place to run. So beautiful. I have been to Washington state, but not the Spokane area. I am going to have to do more traveling.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Me and my big forehead noticed that it is really looking like spring around here now...
    u74kte4ayf0g.jpg

Pretty!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    It was pouring with rain when I got up this morning. And getting colder. So I got up. Sighed. Embraced the suck, and got out the door.

It stopped raining as soon as i got to the end of the driveway, and stayed clear until 7.5ks (of 8) so wasn't so sucky after all!

122/150

Way to go get out there!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - I really need to get better about keeping up with this thread over weekends! Lol.

Awesome runs everyone! Great races! Loved your race report @lporter229 !

Provided all goes well, I should be good to get to my goal this month. Starting to get back to focusing more on HR-based runs, in prep for when I start marathon training.

Date Miles Notes
    4/1 -- 5.5 -- Hoped to do 6 but needed to get to dinner plans w/my friend
    4/2 -- 0 -- rest day
    4/3 -- 1 -- test run of the new kicks + zumba
    4/4 -- 0 -- life
    4/5 -- 0 -- life
    4/6 -- 3.1 -- Bill Fortune 5k w/the bestie
    4/7 -- 0 -- life
    4/8 -- 0 -- life
    4/9 -- 0 -- life
    4/10- 3 -- finally getting out after a stressful day
    4/11- 2 -- lunch run
    4/12- 2 -- after work run
    4/13- 0 -- zumba
    4/14- 6 -- miserable miles
    4/15- 0 -- rest day
    4/16- 1.5 -- short run after 1.4 mi of Autism Awareness Walk at my office
    4/17- 0 -- zumba
    4/18- 3 -- running an errand while running: to and from the post office
    4/19- 2 -- short run after work
    4/20- 0 -- 30 min stationary bike
    4/21- 6 -- getting back to HR-based runs

35.1/50
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    OK, I did it... I signed up for the Brookings (SD) Marathon on 5/11/19 and the Med City Marathon (Rochester, MN) on 5/26/19.

Awesome! Rochester is my hometown.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 https://www.senseisushipdx.com this was our favorite. (Yes, we went to more than one. Forrrr ummmm science :) It’s not weird if it’s for science, right?). But this one had really good selection, good portions, was lovely and bright and clean and friendly. It is also easy to get to via public transport - but I’m guessing you will have a rental car if you are getting to tillamook. If you go between 3-6 pm it is “happy hour” and so long as you get a drink (soft or alcoholic) all the plate colors are the same price. Which means you don’t have to think about cost when you grab something that looks delicious. We ate more than our fill for like $20 a piece. On a humorous note, I complained about my “food baby” (like I said, ate more than our fill) to the boyfriend via text that night - and he responded back that he was jealous of my “fish food baby.”

I think it was Ichiban sushi that had a model train in place of their conveyor belt, which was neat from a novelty standpoint, but we still like the other one better.

*goes back to her corner dreaming again of sushi*