WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    Katla - Isn’t alcoholism a terrible disease. My best friends BIL is in hospital right now and not expected to make it due to alcoholism. He will leave behind two young adults and a young wife. It seems so sad to me when so many fight cancer and other illnesses to survive and these ones seem to kill themselves slowly.

Kelly - Joaquin is adorable. Your description of Wall-E is very accurate. I agree though that it is a beautifully made movie. I love your idea of a potluck Easter. My MIL always brings friends for big meals that would otherwise be alone. I have done it a lot too. My problem now is I don’t have room for it. My house is big enough for just the two of us, but when we add people it gets crowded fast.

Heather - I had to smile at your husband’s need for veg comment. My Dad was a meat, potato, veg man. Rarely did we have anything else for supper. My husband is not as strict. I remember one time talking to my Dad on the phone while making supper for my husband and I. I took the chicken I was planning on out of the fridge and it had turned bad. I said to Dad, “I guess Rodger is getting a sandwich tonight”. My Dad said, “Tracey Dawn, you can’t expect a man to work hard all day and come home to a sandwich!” I said, “Dad, Rodger sits on his a** behind a desk all day the exact same as me, I’m sure he’ll survive one night”. Rodger and I still say I’m abusing him if I make sandwiches.

Heather and Machka - I hope you both feel better soon!

Karen from BC - enjoy the trip!

Allie - I think the doctor knows you will do whatever you can to help out without sticking up for yourself much. I hope he soon realizes how valuable you are and starts showing that both in compliments and financially. Right now he seems to take it for granted.

Okie - I noticed last week when o had to put my dress pants on that they were a little snug. I need to get back in control too. I have a very expensive dress that fit me perfectly without any need of alterations that I need to wear in 70some days. I need to be mindful!

Carol - I have to do the same and it’s very annoying. I hope MFP fixes it soon. Sorry to hear about your BnL.

I had a wonderful day yesterday, Kaitlyn and Brodey came early and worked most of the day on an arch for the end of the aisle for their wedding. They are getting married outside and she wanted something that would block Brodey from seeing her before she starts down the aisle. He has made an arch with doors that will open and close. I’m excited to see the finished project.

The Grands loves their Easter gifts. Jonah is a boy of few words these days so I wasn’t entirely sure how much he liked it until his Dad arrived. He immediately got up from his game to put his hoodie on to show his Dad. He was pointing out the coloured buttons and the X button. Actions speak louder than words and I knew then it was a hit.

Today I need to go put some gas in the car, return some bottles and get some butter. Other than that I think I’ll start studying the links for the financial management job I am hoping to get.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I have an arm extender too. I call it a "snatch-grabber" because that's what my auntie called it. LOL! My sweet husband bought it for me. I think he was tired of getting called upon to reach stuff on higher shelves.
    --Ginger in Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    🔂
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Edited my letter and tried to stick to the important points

Rough draft to police chief:

I hope you too consider using the deescalating initiative that Minneapolis Police Department is starting in their department. I think they are beginning to realize too many police officers and civilians are getting injured and killed using the warrior training method.

After watching how my son's arrest( I will give where and when here do not want to publish it here) was handled I am in favor of the deescalating method.

Our son was being picked up on a warrant for missing a Mental Health Court date. Even though the Mental Health court had issued the warrant they were calling for police back up in a non emergency situation because they realized our son’s mental health was deteriorating. Their intention was not to arrest him but to get the medical help he needed.

If our son was threatening someone or destroying property I could see the police using the actions they took. He was asleep in his bed. The officers behavior aggravated the situation. I witnessed son repeatedly asking why he was being arrested. When the charges were read to him in court the judge issued a rule 20 meaning he is incapable on understanding the charges brought. What I do not understand is why he was not taken to the hospital for evaluation and place an officer outside his door because of the warrant. Instead he was taken to jail where his mental state only disintegrated further.

When things escalated to the degree I witnessed I worried an officer and our son would get hurt. Our son was hurt. He was tased twice. Our son lashed out at the officers because he felt threatened. Our son was traumatized by this experience. I ask you to review what happened not to issue any apology or reprimand to any one rather to figure out if there are other ways this to address this problem.

I am putting my take on what happened so hopefully finding better options will be found that will lead to a better outcome for everyone meaning the police, our son, and society as a whole. This is a goal I believe we can all agree.

This is my rough draft to the Police Chief. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
     Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Snowflake: I agree that alcoholism is a terrible disease. My heart aches for all who have felt it’s long shadow through the actions of friends and/or family members. :sad:

K: I am so sorry to hear about the flash flooding on Friday. I’m glad your friends survived it. :star:

Margaret: I think you’ve done a great job with your letter. I hope the police accept it and respond in a good way. They need better training and better judgement. :heart:

I found little bitty black bugs in my kitchen window again and took some of them to the county extension agent. It turns out that they hatch from a larvae that eats wool—and have been working on my beautiful Persian wool rugs. I’ve sprayed the rug backing with pyrethrin insecticide spray that kills the larvae. I hope it does the job of protecting the rugs.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 9.30min, 10.5amph, 142mhr, 1.66mi= 72c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- walk/jog- 30.52min, 118ahr, 138mhr, 1.85mi= 244c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.35min, 130mhr, 15.8amph 1.46mi= 60c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.38min, 11amph, 145mhr,3.05mi= 156c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.25min, 10.25min mi, 147mhr, .52mi= 66c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.35min, 9.59min, 147mhr, .45mi= 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.07min, 7.5amph, 139mhr, 2.62mi= 198c

total cal 853
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of an AM Yoga DVD then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a spinning downloadable workout

The nurses out there: Vince’s sinuses (we think) are bothering him. However, many many times he sniffles IN and I try to tell him that he should blow his nose because the bacteria go back into his throat. He tells me that it doesn’t do anything in his stomach. I told him “no, in your throat”. Personally, I think it probably does do something in the stomach. Anyway, he told Jess that he was going to go to the MD since it’s been going on so long. Are there any other medical facts that I can bring up to him?

Now Vince is just sitting at the counter sniffing IN. He really should have a tissue near him. Honestly, in a sense, it’s sickening. That’s what might very well have caused him to not feel good yesterday morning.

Last night my ankles were SO swollen. I know it’s because I had ham Sat. and Sun and ham is loaded with sodium. Also, I had some mac & cheese yesterday. Now I’m paying for it. My weight today was up on the Wii but I know it’ll come down. I couldn’t get over how thirsty I was last night, now I understand. This has happened before, I should have known.

KJ -What an adorable bunny! When our friend’s invited us to their house yesterday, that’s when I realized that they really didn’t have any plans for Easter. I saw on facebook that other friends went out to dinner. I’m wondering if next year we shouldn’t all just get together. Maybe we should send out an invite to any Newcomer who’d like to to come to my house for dinner.

Lisa – love your analogy of weight to relatives

Okie – sure hope that mole hasn’t changed and it’s just your imagination. Please let us know what the MD says

Carol – what happened to BIL that he had to go into ICU?

Looks like I’ll be picking up at ceramics Monday. Went and played mahjongg tonight. Tomorrow supposed to count at the church. I’ll probably go a bit early as I would like to get this done asap. The plan is to do more opening the pool then cut the grass.

Michele in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies~ I have been awake since 2:30 this morning,,,, oh well I got up and had a cup of tea and watched Joyce... now I will get dressed and take Alfie out for a walk, then go walk the boys and feed my DFIL.. I am hoping Hospice comes today and does there evaluation , and will let the nurses know to call me and let me know its in place ,so that I can keep Tom informed..
    I will only be able to get down for breakfast this morning and hope they can get him up early enough so that I can get something in him