What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    The fat seems to re-distribute. At least it did for me. When I lost my 20lbs of weight, my butt was much smaller, stomach still poochy, and boobs totally deflated. Several months later of maintenance, my boobs have filled back in a bit, and my stomach seems less poochy. So there's hope that all the wierd places you're* losing will balance out.

*You as a general audience. Not any one person in particular.

Unfortunately, I've had the opposite reaction. I lost the first 35lbs (of 42lbs) rather quickly, over 6 months. I retained my boobs.

Lost 7lbs over the next 6 months, lost my boobs.

Of course, I'm also a lot closer to my ultimate goal. I'm down into the "normal" body fat range (by estimates, haven't had dexa or anything). It may just be that my body held on to my boobs as long as it had "extra" fat, but when I got down to less fat they had to go.

It's kind of funny how fat loss seems to go. My boobs are always the first to go. My stomach being dead last. As a matter of fact, I'm going in for the last 10 (maybe 15) lbs by summer/fall right now. They're deflating again! Gah! But when I maintained my current weight for 6 months, they did seem to fill in a little. So maybe they'll come back again.. I hope.

Right there with ya! I was so excited to have a little fullness when I was bulking. Now that I'm cutting... :sad:

I feel your pain. There’s the initial excitement of having boobs stick out farther than your stomach, then the boobs deflate. I’m hoping to keep belly in check enough to keep it even & keep building some chest muscle, since I have more muscle than boob and my stomach would have to be concave at this point to let them have any glory. And then there’s the issue of having too much back/shoulder muscle to let you comfortably fit in the training bra size that actually fits, cup wise 🙄

You feel me! I buy bras now by trying to get them fit my lats more that my actual breasts! :laugh:

I have been having a quiet giggle at this conversation as I identified with so much of it.
    Then, all of a sudden a light bulb went off.
    @quiksylver296’s last comment explained why, for the past 3 years I have had a hard time finding bras that fit.

I thought I was a pretty conventional 32 B, C, depending on make, but the cups are always somewhere under my armpits, and I have no side boobs to tame.
    What I realize now is that my frontage is a 30 B,C, but my back needs a 32.

Convoluted I know, and won’t help too much with bra buying, but at least now I know the why, and it isn’t getting old.

Happy that a small bralette is good enough for most days.

Cheers, h.

If I were in your shoes, I'd buy bras for the front and wear an extender in the back.

Also, all boob in the fron (vs the side boob thing) you might want to look into polish bras. But that being said, if bralettes work, just rock those. My boobs are all in the front, but when smooshed into a bra I swear they swim into my armpits. But I'm a 28F (UK) so bralettes won't work. I find Polish bras a good fit.
  • blainsgains
    blainsgains Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2019
    Serious for a second:
    - Realizing that it wasn't my weight that was making me unhappy. There was something broken in my head. Once I fixed that, I was able to start losing the weight. I had to learn to love myself so that I could lose weight, instead of losing weight so that I could love myself.

This, this, this. I'd also taken the habit of trying to seek 'stress blame' and not just accepting that there were changes that needed to be made inside rather than outside. Still got a long way to go here, but definitely on the way up!
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member

8) your sex drive goes through the roof. As does your anxiety level because there is literally NOTHING you can do to calm things down. I have tried everything I can think of and none of it works.... it really is frustrating.

For both I go up the stairs at work. Good days its 32 flights, bad days as high as 45. And to help sleep I lift for about an hour and a half 3x a week and walk every night. Helps that I get to eat more too.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Your boobs become half their previous size...just saying
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!