WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    I have to run to a meeting, but I wanted to add my congratulations for the new babies. What precious gifts! Enjoy them!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Lisa How far have you gotten with the diagnostic process for your health problem? What a PIA.

Michele Wishing you much joy in celebrating the arrival of your amazing, healthy grandson!

Pip You were gorgeous and radiant even when you were overweight. How did you manage that? Wow. Inspiring.

((Hugs)) and strength for all who need either.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    In one respect, I can't wait to leave and get back home. It's practically killling me not to exercise. And the stress eating has been totally out of control. The kids are in Philly visiting pete's grandmother so I have time to get caught up. So sorry if I miss anything, I'll just have to skim since I have over 30 pages to get caught up on

tracey - outdoor clear varnish - great suggestion.

Welcome everyone new

Although in one sense I need to leave -- for me and also because Pete and Denise should have some time alone before he goes back to work. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets rid of the dog. He's sweet even if he is a pitbull. But there are lots of times when Pete is giving attention to the baby (that's natch) but pushing the dog aside. I see the dog getting jealous in the future. Well, hopefully they'll work it out and they won't get rid of the dog.

Rebecca - what an adorable idea for a craft with the kids. Do you have to draw the leaves or is it a kit and you just put the footprints in?

KJ - at the hosp Denise told me that she asked everyone not to post anything on facebook until we got to see the baby. I think everyone complied. Of course, once we saw him, the pictures were flying

They're having the organizational meeting for the bowling today. Called and found out my teammates. Also asked that I lead off (I like that spot best) and also gave a suggestion for a team name. Told them that we don't have to use it, but i bet we will. Every year there's always the "what should we name our team" "I don't know"

Yvonne - I like the "no diet day". It's been that way every day I've been up here. How I wanted to learn the ski machine at the gym. But as soon as I wanted, they got rid of it. It looked like it would have been a really great workout. Then "lost sock day"

Rebecca - my heart breaks for you not being there for the birth. Pete's mother couldn't get over how fast I got up here. She thought for sure I'd taken a plane....lol No more falls..ya hear????

barbie - I'm so sorry about your sister

Healing thoughts being sent to all who need them

Just really filled the dog's food dish and cleaned the litter box. these are things they'll have to learn to work into the schedule

barbara = so sorry about your friend

M - what a cute cartoon about the metal fillings pulling a person into the kitchen

Lisa - congrats on the grandbaby

The other night Denise talked about getting the baby baptized. Since she's not a parishioner of a church around here, I suggested she go back to where they got married. I have a suspicion that's what they'll do.

Rori - that's very interesting about the purring of cats and bones

karen in NY - congrats to your husband

Rori - that's the kind of boot I had when I fractured my bone. I couldn't wait for it to be off. It will for you soon. Until then, take care of yourself

Katie - I was the same way. I'd walk to the bathroom but only when Vince wasn't around. if he ever saw me, he'd have a fit

Heather - I'm so so sorry for our loss. What were some of the signs of the post partum depression? I know Jess is really worried that Denise will have it. I'd like to know what to look for so I can tell Jess that Denise doesn't have this and that

Lisa - 14 miscarriages!!!!???? My mother had 2 miscarriages before she had me. We suspect that she was RH-. Since most babies are + it seems logical that the reason I survived her pregnancy is because I'm -

Rebecca - Athena Rose is so absolutely adorable. I cried, too, the first time I held PJ

Heather - originally denise told us that she wanted to name the baby Collin Jesse. She just thought Collin was a nice name and jesse was my FIL's name. it made Vince cry when she told him that's what she wanted to name the baby. But I guess Pete wanted it named after him.

Evelyn -congratulations

KJ - I bet this is one birthday Trenton will remember for the rest of his life. And his mother is probably extra-appreciative, too

Allie - what a great gift. And when your FIL does go, you'll have the knowledge that you gave him the best of care.

Well, I think I've about caught up. My apologies to anyone I've missed.

Michele who will be sad to leave PJ
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Felicia thanks for your understanding.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I can't believe you have got your home so sorted already!!!!! It took us weeks to get our boxes unpacked. We still have a few left. :embarassed: I'm still not that tidy. CONGRATULATIONS on your new home and your new grandchild. <3

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I did that Katla, with my 1/3 of a bottle of whipping cream vodka! I was having it with my hot chocolate at night.😁

💖Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Thanks Katla, for the nice words. Its crazy that we can move yet have everything in place after 3 days. Every nail, pen, book, in its home. It makes me calm to ponder a neat life.
    💖Rebecca
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ✔️ 1. weighed in 58.6
    ✔️ 2. tracked
    ✔️3. 30 min exercise
    x 4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    ✔️ 6.produce at least 10-finished pages per day average (from May 13 to May19 ) I have a lot of rough pages.
    x 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    x 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    x 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork
    x 10.average 1100 calories

• Overall Feeling: medium and mixed
    • Tracking :yes
    • Exercise : steps ok
    • 1100 calories net average :no ! 500 over, mostly due to chocolate! 239 carbs yikes
    • Long term writing 2hrs: yes
    • Long term writing 10-11 pages day until May 14th : didn't make it at all.
    • Short term writing/admin : no
    • Bright Spots : some colleagues and sunny day and got 23 pages of thesis sent out

Grateful :
    1. some pages done
    2. some pages sent
    3. corrector 1 seems really serious and helpful and communicative
    4. was able to track even if I went over in eating
    5. some supportive people
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Michele, I think the artist just put the footprints on the picture wherever you wish, then the stems and leaves were drawn freestyle.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Michele- I did not realize your are a bowler. I bowled for years and was a certified youth instructor. It was lots of fun.

Not the healthiest eating today. A former student brought me a sliver of homemade German chocolate cake for Mother’s Day. I couldn’t resist and it was so sweet of her.

Had a luncheon for our graduates today, but I stuck to a baby spring mix salad with mandarin oranges.

Connie in Ky
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA, The original Crohn's-type symptoms are somewhat better, three days into the antibiotics. Will know if there are more tests/meds after this week. Thanks for asking...

Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Had to share this ;)
    qebjv4qwizl6.jpg
    I resemble that remark! ;)

:)Barbara, Thank you for this. I, too, resemble this. I spend so much of each day in the company of dogs and that's just the way I like it.