WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Pip-- How scary. I had a friend a couple years ago lived a lone on a farm and got something stuck. He died and they found him trying to get to the phone for help. He was only 59 and had neck cancer surgery a year before. Glad you are okay.

Rori--Like the new haircut.

Beautiful day today and I am inside. I have the next 3 days off. DH works Saturday and Monday so I am hoping to get a couple projects done. Finish the baby blanket as the baby is due June 3. Then put some pictures in albums. Enjoy your weekend ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rori ~ You are so attractive in your new wavy hair do! <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    👍
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Lanette - we are still waiting to hear about the funeral. She has paid for it and written out her wishes. We discussed it in detail while I was up there last time. All her friends are still communicating on our WhatsApp group. Today they were sending photos of the little memorials they were creating for her in their homes. So many of us had the same idea! The cups and plates she gave us and other hand made presents, along with her hand written messages. Some people were floating candles in the cups. :D<3 She had the knack of 'paying attention' so we all felt truly special.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ✔️1. weighed in 58.9, back up
    X 2. tracked
    ✔️3.30 min exercise
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation
    X 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    X 6.produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term
    X7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    X 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    X9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork
    X 10.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling :decompressing
    • Tracking : no
    • Exercise today : 15 min elliptical + walkng to gym and back plus another thing
    • 1100 calories net average : surely more, have been eating much rice cakes and crisp breads
    • Long term writing 2h today : not 2 h
    • produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 22-25) yesterday : 5 pages reread and sent
    • Short term writing/admin :no
    • Bright Spots : sorted out lawyer thing after a few more very tense days, some decent people at work, met this very nice friend's out of town brother at an event

Grateful :
    1.lawyers coming through for me
    2. one of the correctors is really on the ball and communicative
    3.met a friend's brother at a function and we had a really nice little talk

my god I was sooo stressed this week. basically I had a legal thing to sort out and my old lawyer is overbooked, works alone and has another speciality that he's developing (plus very young kids). he didn't want to take it on. I had thought I had found another lawyer thought the grapevine, but this guy waited 3 weeks to meet me, (last Friday) then welcomed me with tea and flattering my website and asking if I wanted to sing the contract without speaking about the case, nor giving me an estimate of the prie.the contract also said he would be taking care of all types of s certain area whereas I was only contacting him about a very specific thing.
    his prices though not the highest ever, are on the steep side for this type fo work whereas his website give a 35% lower hourly rate. NO THANKS!

I wrote quickly to say tell him despite the quality of his work, his rates are beyond my means. I spent Monday calling around and writing some emails to find someone else. I found one option - an insurance appointed lawyer who seemed nice, but didn't want to meet and didn't seem like he would put his all into it. I wrote to another who I know has dealt with cases similar and usually won - working with my colleagues - and has reasonable rates - he said he was excessively busy this week, and didn't understand the attitude of my old lawyer who could easily just register the file. When I asked, if he could take over if my old lawyer registered the file (deadline next Tuesday) he said OK.

My old lawyer said on Tuesday, that in any case one of them would file the thing; But then both kept insisting that the other should do it.

this afternoon my old lawyer said he would file the file; he said the new lawyer had said I had told him that the old lawyer agreed to do it, and the old lawyer was annoyed.

this is not so, the old lawyer was in copy to the mails and I didn't ever speak to the new lawyer, only to his assistant to whom I kept telling that the old lawyer didn't want to file the file and thought it was the job of the new lawyer.

I think the new lawyer, who is more established and older, put a little friendly pressure or the old one, as the new one really thought the old one was being irresponsable. the old one, who is generally hard working and consciencious when it comes down to it, but of unequal tempermanent, is too young to afford to be seen as irresponsable by a lawyer in the same general area.

he can say what he wants to me, but the new lawyer (who's older and more established) can call BS if that's the case, and I imagine that he very politely did so.

s t r e s s f u l week. I was freaking some time on Wednesday or Thursday.

I only corrected 5 pages very briefly today.

stopped by some work thing and saw some people. useful.

after all that I ate a bunch of rye crisp type things and went to bed early.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. She fought hard and with grace. Sending good thoughts for you and her friends and family. You were a tremendous friend to her, we all should be so lucky as to experience such friendship.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    I'm cleaning out DVD's. For the cost of US postage (which is typically about $3), I'd be more than willing to sell Prevention's Get Moving with Chris Freitag, Gold Gyms Muffin Top Meltdown, or My Fitness Coach for the Wii. For the Wii, there are programs that focus on weight loss, core, upper body, lower body, cardio or flexibility. There are programs in each area that are different lengths. Just PM me.

Michele in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    having a gout attack, havent had one in quite a few years so ,will get pajama's on and lay low tonight,, found some prednisone and will take it for a couple days...
    Wishing Pip and Kirby great travels on there Alaska cruise ...
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Reebok Cardio Tone DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD

Rori – have I told you how great your new do looks on you?

It’s predicted to be in the 90’s the next few days. Guess where I’ll be?????

I put the rings from beverages in recycling!

Beth – good luck at the endodontist

Going to volunteer at the soup kitchen then into the pool I go!

Small NSV’s: Colby gave Jessica a small birthday cake. It’s been sitting in my refrigerator since the end of April. She didn’t want to get rid of it, told me “it’s probably OK”. Well, she’ll be away for about 3 weeks. As it was, it was past the expiration date, it’ll be just that much more when she gets back. So I took a small bite just to be sure, and threw the rest away. Then today at the soup kitchen they were giving pieces of cake for dessert. Twice I wanted some and twice I said to myself “it’s not worth it”. What I should do is take a bottle of water when I leave.

This morning went to Aldi. Finished the Diamond Dotz for Denise, now to start on the one for Pete. Tried cleaning the tile in the pool, but it looks like there’s a water line so cleaned the spa.

Janetr – I know how hard this is. You gd is beautiful. Well, there’ll be more graduations (like college)

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Karen – I was in Costa Rica on vacation in 1992 and took a boat tour into a bay on the Pacific side where we stopped at an island for lunch.. We were offered the opportunity to dive off and swim into the island which I did, just to find myself joined by a couple of large turtles, they nudged me and swam with me for a few hundred yards… then went off to do their thing… It was amazing !

Rori - great new cut!!!

Kim from N. California

That would be amazing!!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    From my wellness post earlier ...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10741585/women-ages-50-for-may-2019/p30 (midway down page 30)

I commented that I could work on the sleep aspect of my health. Well ... to sum up ... :)

Machka9 wrote:

Sleep - This I could work on.

I've made quite the discovery just recently.

I have been struggling with sore, red eyes especially first thing in the morning. And I've been struggling with waking up feeling like I've just cycled a century rather than sleeping.

I've tried different things ...
    -- drops in my eyes when I wake up
    -- no coffee after 5 pm
    -- chamomile tea in the evening
    -- putting on relaxing music late in the evening before bed and turning down the lights
    -- reading something relaxing before I fall asleep
    -- a sleep monitor that records what I do in the night ... maybe I do get up and ride a century! :lol:

The drops in the morning helped a bit, the relaxing techniques ensured I fell asleep within about 5 minutes, and the sleep monitor revealed I snore a little right at the beginning of the night but then seem to sleep all right.

The other night, about 10 days ago, I was dozing off and somewhere in between that wake and sleep state when I suddenly felt like my eyes weren't entirely closed. Then I got to wondering ... am I sleeping with my eyes slightly open? It is a thing. It does happen to some people.

One of the simplest solutions for that is to put drops in the eyes before bed and to wear an eye mask at night. So I went out and got a lightweight one. That night ... drops in the eyes, eye mask on ... and I had one of the better night's sleeps I've had in a while! Plus my eyes were less red and sore and I was less puffy around the eyes.

I've gone to a bigger, heavier eye mask and have slept with it two nights now. So far, I like it better.

Who would have thought that a simple eye mask would make such a difference!

But there is evidence that blocking out the light can help.
    https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/earplugs-and-eye-masks-help-promote-sleep

https://thesleepdoctor.com/2016/10/31/5-serious-medical-conditions-linked-nighttime-light-exposure/

Machka in Oz

Next up, I’m looking at Sleep Headphones. Yes, they are a thing. But whether or not I can get them in Tasmania is another story. If I can, I’ll be in my own cocoon of dark and silence at night. :)

Machka in Oz

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Barbara wow about the cougar. they seem to be everywhere these days.to me they seem exotic but of course they are less welcome if they are at risk of attacking you. I was on another thread with about 8- 10 people a few years ago and used to read all and respond to all, and it could take an hour a day to write a thoughtful response. I find with this group we are so numerous that it's beyond me. I occasionally write to many and try to read any personals to my intention. I see most gals on this thread do not respond to personals when I do write them.
    so then I don't bother that much with writing to them after a while.