NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of roasted garlic tea

Dinner:
    Ethiopian food and Ethiopian black coffee (all the stuff I had last time at the Ethiopian restaurant a few pages ago)

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    cup of Greek Gods honey vanilla Greek yogurt w/fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries, walnuts and pecans and large/thick homemade butter cookie w/coffee and cream
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 buttermilk pecan pancakes w/blueberry syrup ( THANKS pancakerunner o:) ), 3 pieces of bacon, 2 oz cherry juice to drink

Lunch:
    1 cup milk oolong tea, 1 cup emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    something totally DIFFERENT and totally yummy--Ethiopian food?!? MEGA YES!:
    4x0ma81sc1uf.png
    Pics taken from the web--things I tried/ate, I had everything on the pic except the meat stuff in the middle, we had different meat dishes below. WOW! Who knew I'd LOVE split pea anything, it was the absolute bomb as was the beets/potato/carrots, collard greens... EVERYTHING
    was delicious, the injera spongy bread---soooooooo GOOD! Plus we had these:

400xNxDoro-wat-in-pan.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-sPdg1jNtf.jpg

33.jpg?w=600&h=800
    It's an Ethiopian tomato salad--YUM!
    AND some of this was on the large platter covered in injera bread--all of the food is on top of the injera bread and you use the injera bread to eat all the stuff with, WITH YOUR HANDS, everybody just digs in--- :) OR if you're like someone who will remain unnamed--and prefers to do it the un-traditional way, you can ask for a plate and fork and they'll happily give you one ;) too :

Lastly, once more, I can not emphasize how GOOD this sponge bread called injera is--WOW, it's like a napkin you can eat--sooooo GOOD and you eat it with everything. Yuuuummmmmmmmmmm!

Injera_bread_grande.jpg?v=1442617482

oettwOieebada_bigger.jpg

Finished off with Ethiopian coffee...I've ALWAYS, all my life HATED black coffee with a passion, but this was the BEST black coffee ever! At first it tastes smooth, then a spicy mega robust strong flavor creeps in, not bitter at all, taste like a strange dark chocolate of sorts--thebombdotcom, period. WOW, who knew i'd EVER like black coffee--EVER! Eye-openingly YUM.
    coffee-traditional-640x420.jpg

I too remember the first time I went to an Ethiopian restaurant and became an instant fan of it all...oh, and the coffee rocks too :p
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Breakfast:
    2 buttermilk pecan pancakes w/blueberry syrup ( THANKS pancakerunner o:) ), 3 pieces of bacon, 2 oz cherry juice to drink

Lunch:

Dinner:
    4x0ma81sc1uf.png
    Pics taken from the web--things I tried/ate, I had everything on the pic except the meat stuff in the middle, we had different meat dishes below. WOW! Who knew I'd LOVE split pea anything, it was the absolute bomb as was the beets/potato/carrots, collard greens... EVERYTHING

33.jpg?w=600&h=800
    AND some of this was on the large platter covered in injera bread--all of the food is on top of the injera bread and you use the injera bread to eat all the stuff with, WITH YOUR HANDS, everybody just digs in--- :) OR if you're like someone who will remain unnamed--and prefers to do it the un-traditional way, you can ask for a plate and fork and they'll happily give you one ;) too :

Lastly, once more, I can not emphasize how GOOD this sponge bread called injera is--WOW, it's like a napkin you can eat--sooooo GOOD and you eat it with everything. Yuuuummmmmmmmmmm!

oettwOieebada_bigger.jpg

Finished off with Ethiopian coffee...I've ALWAYS, all my life HATED black coffee with a passion, but this was the BEST black coffee ever! At first it tastes smooth, then a spicy mega robust strong flavor creeps in, not bitter at all, taste like a strange dark chocolate of sorts--thebombdotcom, period. WOW, who knew i'd EVER like black coffee--EVER! Eye-openingly YUM.

I too remember the first time I went to an Ethiopian restaurant and became an instant fan of it all...oh, and the coffee rocks too :p

Uhhhhhh...you left this one out--it's my ALL time favorite, this fabulous lamb dish is at the Ethiopian place, soooooo yummy--the bombdotcom, period.

lamb-chacha-1940248189.png
    Lamb Shekla Tibs

• JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    All my meals are pretty simple. Just some kind of protein and lots of green things. Two meals a day with intermittent fasting. This is today's breakfast

xkzj6blbf2yz.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:
    4x0ma81sc1uf.png

33.jpg?w=600&h=800

oettwOieebada_bigger.jpg

Uhhhhhh...you left this one out--it's my ALL time favorite, this fabulous lamb dish is at the Ethiopian place, soooooo yummy--the bombdotcom, period.

Lamb Shekla Tibs

I'm sure it was...I just don't eat meat though lol!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: wheat toast with blackberry jam, fried egg, coffee
    Lunch: going out for Thai food. I'll probably have a 1/2 portion chicken pad Thai and grab iced coffee later in the day.
    Dinner: Greek salad with mixed greens, a few olives & artichokes, crumbled feta, oil drizzle. For dessert, homemade chocolate chia pudding.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:
    4x0ma81sc1uf.png

33.jpg?w=600&h=800

oettwOieebada_bigger.jpg

Lamb Shekla Tibs

I'm sure it was...I just don't eat meat though lol!

{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}}} I can hardly believe I didn't comment on something you have...your avartar pic, is so so funny and super CUTE!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    Options
    All my meals are pretty simple. Just some kind of protein and lots of green things. Two meals a day with intermittent fasting. This is today's breakfast

xkzj6blbf2yz.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that.looks.so.GOOD! I recognize the yummy asparagus, fabulous avocado, who can say no bacon...but I'm not sure what the rest is, but it looks drool worthy!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 eggs over medium hard, 2 link sausages, 3 pieces of thick bacon, grits, raisin toast w/butter, 4 oz of pina colada juice

Lunch:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of emperor puh erh tea, 1 cup of white rose tea

Dinner:
    Avocado Caesar salad, baked potato w/butter, sour cream, cheese and garlic/ginger sauteed baby bok choy

Dessert and/or after dinner snacks:
    1 large/thick homemade butter cookie, coffee w/cream, bowl of fresh cherries
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME That's salmon (Alaskan, wild-caught), bacon, avocado, asparagus, and a blend of cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots 😁
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME That's salmon (Alaskan, wild-caught), bacon, avocado, asparagus, and a blend of cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots 😁

Absolutely, positively, UNEQUIVOCALLY Yum & looks CRAZY good...talk about ya "power breakfast" that's it and more! I'm just hoping you'll post more pics (give ideas), because I know my beloved hubby would love this and me too!

P.S.
    Boom and YUM!
  • ssurvivor
    ssurvivor Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today is a lazy day (well...except for the Power Flow class I subbed this morning and the house cleaning planned - just no cooking or anything that requires hand washing dishes).

Breakfast: Lemon Ginger tea with mint and honey.
    Chocolate Chia Pudding with stewed berries, coconut yogurt and almond butter.

AM Snack: Honeycrisp apple with almond butter and homemade granola

Lunch: Boca Burger's Spicy Chik'n on local honey wheat with black pepper hummus, kale and pickled red onions.

PM Snack: (probably) Black pepper hummus with superseed crackers

Dinner: veganized Zuppa Toscana (with extra protein) OR Burrito Nourish bowl.

• JohnPaulEightyOne
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME You got it! Today's breakfast: 6 eggs, chicken breast, bacon, and vegetables sautéed in bacon grease

etx2npictyai.jpg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME You got it! Today's breakfast: 6 eggs, chicken breast, bacon, and vegetables sautéed in bacon grease

etx2npictyai.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this and giving me new ideas for meals! I'm not a scrambled egg person (my husband loves scrambled eggs. I love over medium/hard and boiled eggs though), but these scrambled eggs look tremendous--and so doesn't "look" like 6 eggs. I'm also not really a "chicken" person, but this chicken looks fab. For you to add veggies to this mix is wonderful. Also, for you to sprinkle pepper flakes on everything makes is even more yummy. When you mention "bacon grease" my mind automatically goes to homemade "rue" dark gravy. Bacon grease makes the BEST gravy.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 cups emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    Milk oolong tea, dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    Large lamb gyro w/red onions, diced tomatoes, tzatziki sauce, can of 7-up

Dessert and/or after dinner snack:
    Greek almond crescents cookies, coffee w/cream, bowl of cherries
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was 2 hard boiled eggs on top of a big bowl of salad (tomatoes, cucumber, onions and lettuce.

Lunch is chopped strawberries, apricot3n3ilwk0kxr4.jpg
    S, fresh mint and 2% fat natural yoghurt.

Dinner will be courgette, potato and chickpea stew and large salad (same as above).

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    coffee w/cream, 2 eggs over medium hard, jasmine rice, 4 pieces of thick bacon, raisin toast w/butter, ice water to drink

Lunch:
    grilled Porterhouse steak(well done), baked potato w/butter, cheese, sour cream, grilled broccolli, Ice water to drink

Dinner:
    2 cups roasted dandelion tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea

After dinner dessert and/or late night snack:
    Bowl of cherries, maybe a cup of mint chocolate ice cream

• JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: pineapple coconut Greek yogurt (it tasted like a tropical vacation.. sooo good!)
    Lunch: Hawaiian bbq chicken wrap (roasted chicken, red onion, pineapple, Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce and romaine in a Fit & Active flatbread wrap) with pretzels and homemade onion dip
    Snack: strawberries
    Dinner: homemade cheesy beef "hamburger helper"
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    Options
    Breakfast and dinner
    1ktm6gp4jrbk.jpg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast and dinner
    1ktm6gp4jrbk.jpg

So glad you included your dinner too. Those string/green beans are cooked to PERFECTION and I really like your cookware!