WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Plumber is here installing our new water heater for the main part of the house. It will be nice to not heat water in the microwave to wash dishes!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2019
    Julie, dear, no one expects others to answer everyone, although it’s lovely that you did. I think we all try to keep abreast of what’s happening with others, and if someone asks us a question, of course we answer. Most of us speak to what interests us or moves us or problems for which we have a possible solution. I love your posts, and am very sad that your advisors, correctors or whatever you’re involved with for your Ph.D. are not more understanding or sympathetic. It must be discouraging, but I think you’ll do it.

Heather, good for you, framing your painting. You DO sometimes sound as if you’ve found a way to be productive for every instant of some days! Also kudos for halving your cell rate. Those are fine photos of your son and the setting for the party.

Allie! excellent thinking about getting a handle on that downward spiral before it spins out of control. I’m sorry the cottage isn’t available to you more reasonably. It DOES, however, cause tax consequences if one rents at a different rate for family members. That might excuse the thinking. And yes, you did the right thing are the refrigerator. One of my mottos is ”Be kind where you can!”

Dear Amber! That’s a lovely picture with the flowers! Was that the one you used for her funeral? It sounds as if she was an exceedingly loving person. I’m sorry she lost her fight with that awful disease. I love the idea of using those tiles in my kitchen. My floor us bamboo laminate and can be VERY slippery if it gets wet. Your baby is a cutie!

Hi, Evelyn! I hope the smoke isn’t as bad this year as it was the last. The sun looked like an overripe cantaloupe too many days!

Beth, thank you for helping dispel the myths about treatment for all sorts of problems with CBD oil. If the supplier is checked, it helps many types of pain or discomfort with no unwanted side effects.

Rebecca! Oh my! That explains the state of my day bed exactly!

xk89iio47gs1.jpeg

Great picture, Dana! Love the hair!

Hi, MsJones! We are a friendly troop! I am in you're boat, except I had a large amount to lose to prevent health problems getting worse, so I chose weight loss surgery. I'm no longer as tied to my recliner (but more than I want to be!) Sign with your preferred name and locale at the end so we can distinguish you and get to know you. Just comment when and to whom or what you wish.

Terri, thanks for the location correction. I should remember you better. Two of my best friends live in Galway. Snail and Joe are there to complete his PhD and they live it except for the relative cold and damp. I love your liburnum!

Lisa in AR, isnt it fun finding ”stuff” on your land? As long as it isn't a ”stiff” you'll have a great time.

Pip, Bulleinkle is just beautiful! The pictures you post show how much love you have for your dogs. The cabin and balcony you had were nice, but that last picture almost makes me dizzy. It's hard to imagine the vast spaces those ships enclose. I liked your pic of Kirby. Looks like it was time for ”tea for two”!

I've been into the roasted deluxe mixed nuts that I deluded myself into thinking I could eat an ounce a day and it would be Healthy!!! No, Sharon, it ain't. And neither will you!
    Oh, but just one more pecan/filbert/almond! I said No! Stop! But they're not gone yet. They haven't fulfilled their purpose! Yes they have. Their purpose is fuel, not entertainment or a substitute for eating lean protein, veggies and legumes. Well … ok … I guess. <Sigh!>

Sharon Near Seattle
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    Sharon - I am a procrastinator by nature and the strange thing is that in the two hours before my family arrived I negotiated the cell phone reduction, framed my painting and cleaned a long ignored seagull splat on the outside of the top floor window. Once I get on a roll I can do a lot, but I spend a lot of time avoiding doing things.
    Every morning is a huge struggle with myself over writing my memoir. I'm supposed to settle down to it after my exercise regime, but I put it off and put it off, until finally I tell myself, 'I will just write a sentence', and then the ball starts rolling. I often manage 400-600 words in a very short time after despairing that I've done nothing.

At the party yesterday my son asked me if I remembered him asking me to babysit for them going to see Elton John.
    NO! NO! NO!
    Of course, he had forgotten to ask me. :#
    Fortunately we can do it. It's next Sunday afternoon after DSIL etc will have left. :* EJ is playing just down the road from them at the County Cricket Ground on his last World Tour. The tickets are horrendously expensive, but he pointed out that they have no transport or hotel costs, just a stroll down the road. I hope the weather holds for them. It's his birthday treat to himself and DDIL.

I've booked the veggie restaurant for our guests. Table by the window. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have a few questions for ladies that are on maintenance.
    1. What are your maintenance calories?
    2. Do you still log your food daily?
    3. Do you eat back part of, all of, or none of your exercise calories?
    4. How often do you weigh yourself?
    5. Do you give your self a parameter above or below your maintenance weight?
    6. How did you figure out what your maintenance calories were?

I’ve had a little bit of difficulty not staying within maintenance. Any insight or information would be extremely helpful for me and others.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I have a few questions for ladies that are on maintenance.
    1. What are your maintenance calories?
    2. Do you still log your food daily?
    3. Do you eat back part of, all of, or none of your exercise calories?
    4. How often do you weigh yourself?
    5. Do you give your self a parameter above or below your maintenance weight?
    6. How did you figure out what your maintenance calories were?

I’ve had a little bit of difficulty not staying within maintenance. Any insight or information would be extremely helpful for me and others.

<3

The only thing I do different on maintenance is to occasionally skip a day of logging or eat a food I don't normally eat. I still weigh myself twice a day and record the weight.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited June 2019
    Barbie- right now MFP has my deficit calories at 1200. Did you stay at that amount or did you figure out a new amount where you did not continue to lose weight? Thanks for your response!!

<3

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sharon Seattle- No wasn’t able to at the funeral had to do closed casket a few hours after death 💀 then creamate fast. Dad took her ashes home next day kept the gold box on his 📦 dresser. We all bought plants for the funeral I drove to get my Daughter an hour away from her school.A few relatives bought plants the funeral home friend of hers whole town was got her a candle 🕯 placed her picture on it then used a glaze. We pulled it together in mere hours. The Locker Texas cemetery y Funeral gone have memorial pages for her that have the foto whole family got that exact picture on the memorial cards. Good thing computers print so fast they were done fast not as fancy but was quick. We had it open to family y funeral homes family only. (That includes adopted relatives to God parents even a God parents own mom).
    Buried her where she wanted with my Dads Dad. (1/2 breed Native American/German (Jewish y regular)) He loved her dearly told her he’s her Dad too forever ♾ (Hers dieds when she was 14). Well Dad researched the laws. Then took off to the cemetery box in hand y a gallon of tea/water. He borrowed the care takers shovel then went to his Dad saying hello using his grave for his drinks. Best table ever he joked.He dug till he hit casket then placed her onto o of his casket at the 🦶 feet. The cemetery has her down as the same number as grandpas with notations of course.They have Dad down for next to her at his moms feet 🦶who’s still living she’s scheduled to be next to grandpas.Grandpas Dads the other side. Got relatives from the 1700’s there. I told hubby do the same with me just don’t put me in with any honrey ones lol. He said okay joked Cousin Lonnie’s honrey - I told him if we both go that’s okay 👌 lol. Told him their all honrey Lol. He said he would if I go 1st. Her sisters are a picky upity bunch of Women so they were livid when they found out.Lol my Dad just smiled said she’s okay she’s smelling roses 🌹 for eternity (he was alluding to foot odor 🦶) .Well they exclaimed huffed. Lol then demanded we pay for a 2nd funeral. I put my foot down he has Dementia is on a fixed income.Their rich they refused to see her when she was in the hospital dying. They can pay for one back in their own town have it with the picture- were not digging her up I told them! They didn’t even come out until I was giving birth to my son! Litterely same day they demanded this while I was fighting for my life. Felt good to tell them off could blame it on the Labor 😂 lol. Them flies don’t like my honey so tossed vinegar at em’. Yes if your reading that blood pressure monitor in the fotos they are high very high. Deadly high that’s why my Placental Abruption happened.

The floor mats are light weight but hard to clean for a kitchen stove.Try a kitchen or industrial or garage heavy duty mat their grey/blacks but good for around a stove! Sams club their same price they can hold up to a lot of wear y tear only needs a mop or broom. Pit one at the stove on top of a foam mat to catch your stove spills. Take a look see them in store before buying. I wish I had gotten the black ones would have showed less baby spills if guests came by lol.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    STATS for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.40min, 14.2amph, 135mhr, 1.58mi= 74c
    apple watch- 67c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 30min, lvl8, 67aw, lvl8, 143mhr, 2.98mi= 267c
    apple watch- 194c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.54min, 18.1amph, 129mhr, 1.48mi= 62c
    apple watch- 44c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.04min, 12.2amph, 133mhr,3.06mi= 149c
    apple watch- 117c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.56min, 131ahr, 145mhr, 9.34min mi.51mi= 66c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.08min, 9.04in mi, 151mhr, .45mi= 79c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.40min, 158mhr, 8.8amph, 2.6mi= 203c
    apple watch- 142c

total cal 900
  • pipcd34
    Sorry if I give out duplicates
    tcdlylpcqrpw.jpeg
    cpfodom9l5xx.jpeg
    7dr22vvfff5d.jpeg
    j7svtlykh18v.jpeg
    o988jumj9u75.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    v4lq1o9jbrjs.jpeg
    fx0sprucsa2f.jpeg
    l9j5ttmr0c5c.jpeg
    f73yfyn04f44.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did a segment of AM Yoga DVD then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jessica Smith’s 10lb Down DVD.

After exercise, went bowling. Ceramics tonight and mahjongg.

Dana – wonderful!!! How inspiring!

Welcome everyone new

Barbara – to me, the biggest problem with the banana chocolate bundt cake is that it is so very moist and tastes so good. Enjoy!

JR – wow your family!

Was supposed to count at the church today but the secretary’s baby was sick and she wasn’t there so we’ll count tomorrow. Also, Vince hurt his back at bowling so he didn't go to ceramics

Lisa – that’s what people who steal your credit card number do. At first they charge a small amount, figuring you won’t notice or say “well, it’s not that much” and ignore it. Then they charge more and more. I’m sorry this happened to you. Good idea cancelling the card.

Sharon – if we rent our condo, FL laws are weird, we have to itemize each and every item in the condo. It’s honestly more trouble than it’s worth. So what we do is we just let people stay in the condo. Also, a condo association rule is that if you rent, it must be rented for a minimum of 30 days. I can understand in a way why they’d have that rule. For some people, this is their home. They don’t want someone coming in for a week or two, having parties, and then just leaving.
    Another FL law and we were astonished to find this out. The toilet above us ran (or overflowed, whatever) and it ruined our cabinet. Do you know that they aren’t required to pay to have it fixed? This happened a few times, and each time we are responsible. Since they have no responsibility, what is the incentive to fix the problem?

Mary – I’m on maintenance, I measure everything, log everything. For some reason, I don’t use a scale, but measuring spoons/cups I absolutely use. I never eat back my exercise calories. I usually weigh myself once/week. I do get on the Wii every day and that gives me a sort-of weight, but I don’t really think much of what it says. I figured out my calories, I don’t know how this relates to MFP’s calories for me

Michele in NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Amber ... thank you for sharing your story about your mom and grandmother. Did I read right that your grandmother had a baby in her 70s?? Sweet little boy you have ...

Love all the photos everyone is sharing!

Beth near Buffalo