June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,936 Member
    edited June 2019
    @PastorVincent Thanks for the links. I am currently working on a Jeff Galloway 10K plan, sort of. I'll probably do some sort of combination of the two. I like the explanations above the plan in the link you provided. This group is great help for us novice folks. GREAT NEWS about Mrs. Pastor Vincent!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Global running day today!! I did an 8k run this morning in billowing wind that pushed me sideways a couple of times! Entertaining it was!

So are you guys doing anything to represent global running day?

PS I did not know this was a thing till everyone was going on about it but was kinda fun!

New to me also! Just was looking at it thanks to your post. Looks like there is a global virtual race and you can create a team.

https://globalrunningday.org
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Happy Global Running Day everybody! Going to get my miles in at lunch today.

xk28lryeedcw.png

HA! Fat chance.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,964 Member
    @Teresa502 I don't know how @MobyCarp does his bananas, but I peel bananas and freeze them. If they are big I break them in half before freezing. Then take them out and allow just enough time for them to be soft enough to bite. They are so good that way and I never have to throw away bananas that have gone bad anymore.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    @juliet3455 (and anyone else living in Alberta) - Hope you are safe! I saw on the news that they have evacuated over 11k people from the fires!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    I set up a team for us on the Global Running page if anyone wants to join in - MFP Running Challenge is the team name!
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    @Elise4270 @shanaber
    thanks so much for the advice. I did have the hip evaluated shortly after the marathon. They didn't find anything serious. I saw our physiotherapist at school who also then recommended working on building my glutes and rolling, especially after long runs. I find strength training so boring but I know it's what I need to do if I want to avoid injury. Thank you for reminding me of this very cogent advice!

exercise.png