Welcome New Members!

Replies

• JohnnyLoneWolf
    JohnnyLoneWolf Posts: 3 Member
    Was in a car accident four years ago. I was highly active and fit before the accident. I let myself go and just started training with a personal trainer a few days ago. He asked me to download this app. and I am loving it! I'm a visual person so it helps me see what I'm consuming. Best wishes everyone! 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♂️
  • sifuilona
    sifuilona Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all. I am glad to be part of this community. Last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I endured surgery, chemo and radiation and now I’m dealing with recovery. The last year of treatment changed my body and took my strength but I am finally at the point where I can be at the gym. The gym is soooo hard, but I think committing to watching what I eat is harder! I really like this app - it’s a great help and makes tracking super easy. But I think community is what keeps people motivated - it does for me anyway. Wishing everyone the best!!!
  • alinaromania21
    alinaromania21 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello to all. Been using the app for a while, lost weight then i forgot about it. Now picked it up again but instead of losing, i gained 1kg!!! I've set my diary to public. What am i doing wrong? Help!
  • itsmeswine
    itsmeswine Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there everyone. been on my fitness pal now for 3 weeks. going strong and having a grewat time learning how to eat and redeveloping my relationship with food.
  • metro15291
    metro15291 Posts: 1 Member
    Howdy Doo! Just recently started back up!
  • mizzelegant97
    mizzelegant97 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi, everyone! Feel free to add me!
  • doingthisforme16
    doingthisforme16 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm a 55 year old man and getting started again on MFP. I used the app a few years back and had some success, but dropped off and re-gained. Now working to lose 50 pounds by year-end.

Hope to add a few more friends so I can be motivated by your success.

Getting older + obesity = a number of predictable health related risks. Time to take some action now before I end up with the knees and the back and the hip problems I see in others my age who are also carrying around too much weight.
  • Brnayann
    Brnayann Posts: 22 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm back into my health and wellness lifestyle. It's been a long time coming and I need to loose at least 20 lbs by Summer! Any suggestions?
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Hey I am new, I am trying to lose 30 pounds...for the last 8 year ;(
  • clarkabby96
    clarkabby96 Posts: 2 Member
    I need so much support. I'm a fast food addict whose idea of eating well is having a salad once a week. I'm trying to get in the habit of at least exercising, but I can't keep up with my goals due to my lack of motivation! Help!
  • JMT2711
    JMT2711 Posts: 8 Member
    I need so much support. I'm a fast food addict whose idea of eating well is having a salad once a week. I'm trying to get in the habit of at least exercising, but I can't keep up with my goals due to my lack of motivation! Help!

I totally understand....I was there before and I finally got control through a overeaters support group called Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous. I lost 45 pounds over 7 months and then slowly fell off the wagon. It was VERY restrictive. I'm slowly slipping back into old habits. I'm hoping this app will help me. I hope it helps you, too!
  • victoriaf1998
    victoriaf1998 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey guys! If you need someone active and some support feel free to add me 🌸
  • DfuzedCell
    DfuzedCell Posts: 2 Member
    Started using this app back in Janurary, been at the gym since the end of Janurary, I'm 42, trying to unbreak my soul after breaking up with someone I loved more than anything. I'm still broken, but making decent progress with the weight I put on from dealing with heartbreak. Was almost 130kg, now after 4 months I'm under 110kg I'm 6'1 with an already solid build, I think I'm doing fairly well considering, I Need new friends, If anyone is using this app and you're in Western Australia, say hello, if not say hello either way.
  • MsJulieRenee
    MsJulieRenee Posts: 1 Member
    Hi y'all! I'm Julie. I've been off-and-on active for quite a while now and am back at it. I'm looking for some Fitness Pal friends that I can support and can support me. I'd love to see your accomplishments and progress show up in my feed, so add me if you want some encouragement!
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Hi there! My name is Vanessa and I’m a very young 42 year old. I have lost 99 pounds in a little over two years. I am happy with my results so far. Looking for some more supportive friends. Feel free to add me. 😊
  • wozer83
    wozer83 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi new here just trying to get myself back into shape after 4 years of being very lazy
  • KingBones705
    KingBones705 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the community. Names Ricky, I'm a runner and somewhat of a bodybuilder in the sense of I'm trying to build my body the way I want it but not trying to compete or anything. Tracking my nutrition is new but I'm finding it intriguing, I'm just looking for like minded people that can offer support or advice.
  • siiidauz24
    siiidauz24 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is daus
    Im new user, my goals is to gain 10kg’s
    Looking for friend who can give advise for me also share each other
    Thanks
  • Muhammad_33
    Muhammad_33 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new and so excited to start a new healthy life. My goal is to lose 99 lb in one year. Wish you all the best. Let's do this :)
  • Dazzabean
    Dazzabean Posts: 53 Member
    Don't know what I'm doing as I'm New to this but hiya ppl how's things?