June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Nike is finally realizing that not all of us athletic wearers are a size 2!

"The athletic wear giant debuted curvy mannequins this week on the new women’s floor at its flagship store in London to showcase figures of all shapes and sizes. The women’s floor in its Oxford Street store features a plus-size mannequin front and center dressed in a black sports bra and matching leggings with her hands stretching above her head."
    https://marketwatch.com/story/nike-becomes-latest-retailer-to-add-plus-size-mannequins-2019-06-07

That’s fantastic to see!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    06/01........12M.......0.0M
    06/02........12M.......0.0M
    06/03........00M.......3.5M
    06/04........00M.......0.0M
    06/05........11M.......0.0M
    06/06........11M.......3.5M
    06/07........00M.......3.5M
    06/08........13M.......0.0M
    06/09........00M.......0.0M
    06/10........08M.......0.0M
    06/11........08M.......0.0M
    06/12........11M.......3.5M
    06/13........00M.......3.7M
    06/14........12M.......0.0M
    06/15........13M.......0.0M
    06/16........00M.......3.5M
    06/17........11M.......3.5M
    06/18........08M.......0.0M

---MTD: 21.5 miles walking, 130 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Hell Have No Hurry 50k Trail Race - June 29th
    Fleet Feet Liberty Mile - August 9th
    Howl at the Moon - Nighttime 5k - August 10
    EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler - November 2nd

(a few more races yet to register for)

202? - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Hell Have No Hurry
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Was coming down from my post-race high following a slow, stiff and awkward morning run. Legs spent most of it arguing about which one was meant to go first... was it left, right, left or right, left, right? Definitely wasn't supposed to be both at the same time! Also miscalculated and ended up finishing a good mile from home, by the time I got back I wasn't feeling to good.
    But look what was waiting for me in my email..... a race photo that was not only free but also the first one I haven't absolutely hated!!!
    s5h24eqmafei.jpg

June goal: 75km. Run so far: 49.89km

Nice! I have those same shorts - pretty much my go-to for long runs and races now. They are so comfortable!

They're good aren't they. Cheap and comfy. They're also the reason I have strange tan marks across the middle of my thighs lol

Haha, yes, I was gonna mention the tan lines too! But my phone fits in the back zipper pocket! I may be getting a second pair in case I wear these out :)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Was coming down from my post-race high following a slow, stiff and awkward morning run. Legs spent most of it arguing about which one was meant to go first... was it left, right, left or right, left, right? Definitely wasn't supposed to be both at the same time! Also miscalculated and ended up finishing a good mile from home, by the time I got back I wasn't feeling to good.
    But look what was waiting for me in my email..... a race photo that was not only free but also the first one I haven't absolutely hated!!!
    s5h24eqmafei.jpg

June goal: 75km. Run so far: 49.89km

Yay! Both feet off the ground. Awesome pic.
  • GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Goal: 100
    June 1: 7 miles
    June 2: 7 miles
    June 4: 14.58 miles
    June 5: 7.8 miles
    June 8: 2.3 Miles
    June 9: 9.86 Miles
    June 11 14.89 miles
    June 12 7.6 miles
    June 15 6.98 miles (wish Id known i was that close)
    June 16: 7.31 miles
    June 18: 10.01
    Total: 95.07 Miles
    Remaining: 4.93 miles
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    My favorite sighting of the day was a heavy woman who we often see walking during our runs. She has been doing this for a few months now and gradually improving in fitness - when we first saw her, her gait was sort of lumbering slowly, and more recently she has been walking briskly. Today she was RUNNING! Yay good for her! I wish there were a way of saying, “Hey, good job,” without sounding patronizing. I gave her a big smile when we passed though.

If you ever find a fool-proof way let me know!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    noblsheep wrote: »
    0614-5k total-23.5k, goal-80k

Not doing very well in keeping up with plan or thread. Is summer over yet?

I don't think it's even started...

Depends on what country you go by. In the USA the first day of summer is June 21, but some other countries use different days:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/30/first-day-summer-2019-uk-9738658/

If you're in the UK it is rumoured to start at some point in July or August and last approximately 45 minutes, during which 16 hosepipe bans will be enforced and 784 people will need treatment for heatstroke. Foreigners will be forced to remove a layer.

This is sadly true. You can always tell a Brit abroad as they will be the ones stripping off the minute the sun comes out (and then the ones scarlet from sunburn). They will also be the ones on the beach wrapped in all the clothes when it is bucketing down and blowing a hoolie, because they are on holiday and THAT IS WHAT YOU DO.

We had a hot day in February (I was ill in bed). Since then I've got back out the winter jacket, and haven't needed a t-shirt yet.

Astronomical summer officially starts on 21st June, meteorological summer on 1st June. All I can say is that there's no sign of it yet, and all we have out there is wetness.

Lol my Dad, who is as British as they come, is the complete opposite. They came to visit us, in southern Spain, in August. We went to the beach. He went in jeans and a T-shirt. Then complained about how hot it was and almost passed out. The rest of us were in swimsuits and in the water. Yet I've seen him in shorts in the UK when I was wearing 3 jumpers. The mind boggles sometimes.
    Please send me some wetness. Someone said they'd looked at the long term forecasts and there is not a drop of rain predicted here now until October at the very least.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    noblsheep wrote: »
    0614-5k total-23.5k, goal-80k

Not doing very well in keeping up with plan or thread. Is summer over yet?

I don't think it's even started...

Depends on what country you go by. In the USA the first day of summer is June 21, but some other countries use different days:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/30/first-day-summer-2019-uk-9738658/

If you're in the UK it is rumoured to start at some point in July or August and last approximately 45 minutes, during which 16 hosepipe bans will be enforced and 784 people will need treatment for heatstroke. Foreigners will be forced to remove a layer.

This is sadly true. You can always tell a Brit abroad as they will be the ones stripping off the minute the sun comes out (and then the ones scarlet from sunburn). They will also be the ones on the beach wrapped in all the clothes when it is bucketing down and blowing a hoolie, because they are on holiday and THAT IS WHAT YOU DO.

We had a hot day in February (I was ill in bed). Since then I've got back out the winter jacket, and haven't needed a t-shirt yet.

Astronomical summer officially starts on 21st June, meteorological summer on 1st June. All I can say is that there's no sign of it yet, and all we have out there is wetness.

Lol my Dad, who is as British as they come, is the complete opposite. They came to visit us, in southern Spain, in August. We went to the beach. He went in jeans and a T-shirt. Then complained about how hot it was and almost passed out. The rest of us were in swimsuits and in the water. Yet I've seen him in shorts in the UK when I was wearing 3 jumpers. The mind boggles sometimes.
    Please send me some wetness. Someone said they'd looked at the long term forecasts and there is not a drop of rain predicted here now until October at the very least.

Meanwhile, the local news station reported in our past 1/2 year or so we have had 72% of days with either rain or snow... my poor telescope is sitting forgotten.