June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    16.25 miles this morning. Felt easy for about two hours, but the last 37 or so minutes were pretty brutal. 77F, 85% humidity, 20mph. Only had 12 oz of water on me. Tried to ration it, but when it ran out, and the sun came out, that was pretty much the end.
    And felt weighted down with soul crushing guilt and regret, because I quit my '2nd job' software development contract. I tried to put up with it for 3 weeks, but each day was worse than the last. The knot in my stomach grew bigger every day, and I just couldn't take the stress any longer. I feel like I committed career suicide 😭. But if I would have stayed, it might have been the other kind. Maybe Home Depot is hiring....

exercise.png

Good job with the run. The career questions never end...whenever I feel guilty for taking a sick day for myself, my mom reminds me that "they are strangers' children and your health is the priority..." so...your health, mental or otherwise, is always the priority.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much fir the supportive words and experiences! It helps to hear about other 'survivors'. I love this group!😍💓💓

Yeah, every day I would tell my boss it's not good, and getting worse. He said that's ok just do what you can, and if it doesn't work out, that's fine. But when I told him I actually quit, he was very quiet and just said, "Well, Ok"

Scott, my husband still struggles with esophageal scarring caused by gastric reflux during a bad job. He never had a problem with it before or since. A bad job can literally kill you from the inside out! Quitting and looking for something new is scary, but if it wasn’t going to get better, it was the right decision. You can’t find a better job by staying in a bad one.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I desperately want a Garmin too... I hinted like crazy before Mother's Day, and got really excited when a box arrived. It was a mug. When I 'joked' about thinking it was a Garmin my husband told me not to be so *kitten* dumb, like he's spend that much money on a present for me.

My husband and I had a conversation today about "needs vs wants". And I get it, especially being on a tight budget that you can't always have what you want. However, your husband could have done a better job of lessening the blow.

I can't explain men. My husband doesn't buy me gifts for birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc., but will go to 3 separate stores to find my favorite type of apple. He tries to be thoughtful in other ways.

So excited that you are going to get to see Bon Jovi and hope that you have the time of your life. I am a fan of rock bands from the 70's and 80's and and will drive to neighboring cities to see concerts of artists that we love.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Crossed the line all on my own, clock showed 1hr4min50secs as I approached, think I got over before it passed 1.05. Strave made it 9.62km not 10km, but it gave me a ton of PRs so I don't care lol.
    I have a terrible habit of not cooling down or stretching properly after races and my legs pay the price. So I left the crowded stadium after grabbing a bottle of water and made myself walk around outside for 10 minutes, then went to my car and did a little stretching before getting in and coming home. The journey was ok, but once I got into our street I realised how tired I was when I couldn't for the life of me remember where I had put the garage door remote or my house keys... Eventually found them in the glove compartment. Got home, showered, went to bed, couldn't get to sleep for ages because I was still buzzing!
    Still buzzing this morning :-) Legs feel tired but don't actually hurt, but will be resting them today anyway.
    I do love racing, even if I'll never win anything. When can I do it again?

ETA... sorry, it ended up not being quick!

Well done!!! W00T! you rocked it!

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins awesome job on your 1st 10K! Great race report.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Crossed the line all on my own, clock showed 1hr4min50secs as I approached, think I got over before it passed 1.05. Strave made it 9.62km not 10km, but it gave me a ton of PRs so I don't care lol.
    I have a terrible habit of not cooling down or stretching properly after races and my legs pay the price. So I left the crowded stadium after grabbing a bottle of water and made myself walk around outside for 10 minutes, then went to my car and did a little stretching before getting in and coming home. The journey was ok, but once I got into our street I realised how tired I was when I couldn't for the life of me remember where I had put the garage door remote or my house keys... Eventually found them in the glove compartment. Got home, showered, went to bed, couldn't get to sleep for ages because I was still buzzing!
    Still buzzing this morning :-) Legs feel tired but don't actually hurt, but will be resting them today anyway.
    I do love racing, even if I'll never win anything. When can I do it again?

ETA... sorry, it ended up not being quick!

Well done!!! W00T! you rocked it!

Told you so!!!!!!!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    6-1 7.5k slow
    6-2 11k easy
    6-3 rest
    6-4 7k moderate
    6-5 7k easy
    6-6 rest
    6-7 7k slow
    6-8 9k slow
    6-9 7k easy
    6-10 rest
    6-11 7k intervals
    6-12 7k moderate
    6-13 rest
    6-14 7k easy
    6-15 7k moderate
    6-16 9k slow

June Total: 92.5k
    June Goal: 150k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k

Monthly average: 145.5k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Drizzly and 70 degrees F this morning. Hip and knees were a little grumbly today, so I decided to actually take my own advice and cut the run a little short.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 @PastorVincent thanks!
    @Tramboman yes, you did, my inner teenager refused to believe you lol
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well, I am late to the game this month.

The last two months, I've been able to get 110 miles, so I'd like to set my first goal to 110 miles and my stretch goal at 120 miles. Marathon training is in full swing; I gotta get on the ball.

June 1 - 6 miles
    June 2 - 10 miles
    June 4 - 3 miles

19 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 91miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 101 miles

June 5 - 3 miles of speed work

22 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 88 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 98 miles

June 6 - 7 miles after work to help clear my head

29 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 81 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 91 miles

June 8 - 3.1 miles (5K with hubby, he got a new PR)
    June 9 - 14 miles

46.1 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 63.9 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 73.9 miles

June 11 - 4 miles
    June 12 - 6.2 miles

56.3 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 53.7 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 63.7 miles

March 14 - 7.11 miles

63.41 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 46.59 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 56.59 miles

Oh my...I think I'm overly tired. March 14 should be June 14.

June 15 - 6.14 miles
    June 16 - 8.15 miles

77.7 miles for June

Miles until Goal #1 - 32.30 miles
    Miles until Goal #2 - 42.30 miles