Kelly- tes they send me a warning
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Allie: Have a wonderful Birthday weekend.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in
    ✔️2. log all
    ✔️ 4.
    -5. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    -6. At least 15 min cleaning
    -7. At least 5 min day filing
    ✔️ 8. average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling : ok
    • Log all: I think so
    • Exercise : walking
    • 1100 calories net average : doing good this week.
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: did 2
    •cleaning :
    •filing:

Grateful :
    1. going to beach tomorrow
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    it's 97 today to complete a week-long heat-wave.
    I'm not doing much today.
    tomorrow I booked a train ticket to the seaside (2h15 min)
    and a car-share to come back (about 2h30 min)
    both ways are about 3h door to beach.
    crazy.it's very last minute. I checked for a hotel to spend 1 night and 2 days, but they are a bit pricey last minute a heat-wave weekend in summer. spending only a whole day is ok. the down side is having to think about how to care for stuff when I am in the sea, swimming.there must be some water tight bags for such an occasion.

I am feeling lazy

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I was just reading an article entitled, "Former LinkedIn HR boss shares her job application secrets".
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/careers/former-linkedin-hr-boss-shares-her-job-application-secrets/news-story/0b55ff340a459da7ef0d5616d5655c98

In the article, she says,

"“Women tend to apply for roles they are 110 per cent ready and qualified for — we make sure all our ducks are lined up and we have the right skills. But men raise their hands and apply for jobs they are 70 per cent skilled for, thinking they’ll learn on the job,” she said.

“Women tend to use ‘we’ and ‘us’ [in their CVs] while men use ‘I’ — and recruiters are interested in what you did — they want to hear ‘I led’, ‘I created’ , ‘I was creative in this way’."

When I was applying for the job I have now, at first, I did apply for things I knew I was qualified for ... but it didn't take long for me to start applying for everything I even remotely qualified for!! :grin:

Funnily enough (referring to what we were talking about a few pages back) the article also says,

"Ms Wadors, who is visiting Australia from the US, said another common mistake was not letting your passion and personality shine through"

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning! Happy saturday B) hot and humid here, my bff begged off an early walk cause her hips are aching from a long drive. Ah well, I did my roots, swept up the sunroom and cleaned out the vacuum. Will garden and mow a hit and then get to the gym. DH and I are thinking about some home projects but need our wonderful handyman to be available—he’s often too busy to help us anymore :|

One good thing about the humidity, my appetite is lower, just too uncomfortable to eat!

NYKAREN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Machka: Your hair looks so lustrous and thick. And the colour suits you so well.
    Katla NWO: Hooray! Hope it all goes well for you.

Our spell of fine weather has broken. This morning it’s very humid, and we had heavy showers and a few rumbles of thunder. This afternoon I we are dodging showers to do a little gardening.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka: Your hair looks so lustrous and thick. And the colour suits you so well.

Thank you! My mother passed on the hair gene. Hers is curlier and darker than mine, but thick and just a little bit coarse.

In humid weather, mine curls and fluffs up so I go around looking a bit like I've got a lion's mane! :grin:

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    r2gx8x5l6omx.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Very hot here - 90° plus. It's due to cool off a bit tomorrow. I hope so because we are set to go dancing under the i360 on the seafront.
    I did my morning and afternoon exercise with the fan blowing. Couldn't have managed it otherwise. I'm like the poor beagle, I get easily overheated! DH went out for a walk. He is a lizard, but even he said it was hot, with the beaches chocka block. I stayed indoors. :D I'm lying on the bed at the moment, the blind down and the fan going.
    I managed to total up 1,000 exercise calories today though. My weigh in this morning didn't show any loss, but I know I had a lot of sodium yesterday. I will redouble my efforts.

DH 's fedora arrived today. Looks great. He will send the shop a thank you email and I hope he will write a review. There aren't many hat shops left in the UK.

I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Wimbledon dominates the tv schedules. Grrrrrrrrrr! Summer is never good for tv anyway.

Salmon tonight with asparagus.

Today in The Guardian (Saturday ) there was an article in the magazine section about Svalbard where Penny, one of our old members, lives for much of the year. She hasn't posted for a while. I went to see her and her husband when I was visiting there on a cruise. It was an article about how it is the place on this earth that is warming the fastest, Her husband was featured with a photo. It mentioned some places we had visited with them and the big avalanche that killed some friends of theirs.

KJ - Endurance athletes - don't you just love them! The number of books I have read about running must now number in the high twenties! But there the battle is with themselves, their bodies, but mainly their minds. I also love dancers. What I don't like is all the competitive supporter ballyhoo, from people who never get off the couch themselves. Don’t understand team rivalry.

Oh well, time for my pm aperitif. :bigsmile:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx