New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I love the mint brownie Built Bars! The mint brownie is a lot better in taste than the mint chocolate. It has a brownie taste to it and is more chocolatey.

The cheesecake is my favorite so far! Blueberry and chocolate go very well together. I am loving these bars!
    lhwrrvu4u7st.png
    p5cm0al4x3fe.png

I'm so jealous! They didn't ship my order until yesterday but at least it should be arriving on Monday.

Same here, I ordered $65.00 worth. Yes I go overboard with protein bars and this is the first time I'm trying theirs. Mine are coming Monday too. I got a box of raspberry, a box of mixed and then the free mint brownies. Can't wait.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    That cookies n cream coffee was a disappointment maybe ill try the heath like someone suggested. However I'm a fan of the donut zo1xqq6e1rtk.jpg

That donut was good. I always look forward to DD seasonal donuts.
  • tiredmommy17
    tiredmommy17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Smartbun is having a sale with free shipping. I loved these when I tried them a year ago so I think I may buy some again. Has anyone had the cakes? I’ve only had the slim thin ones which I loved. Wondering if these are as good before I buy. bjibpwh8kd6x.jpeg
    4wzz73ejr1xv.jpeg

Yes!!!! The cakes are amazing, especially the cinnamon! I’ve had the cinnamon, chocolate, lemon, and tangerine flavors and wasn’t disappointed with any! Definitely worth splurging on if you have a sweet tooth and not many calories left for the day!

Also, this was my first time trying the ON protein almonds, I’ve been wanting to try them for a while now but lost my self control when I saw the chocolate peanut butter flavor. Oh my goodness... it does NOT disappoint! It’s like a healthier version of the peanut butter M&M’s if they had a version with an almond in the middle. Soooooo addicting! The portion size was pretty large for the pack, too. Definitely filled me up and satisfied me for 230 calories! The only downside is I can imagine they make a mess if you throw a pouch in your purse when you’re out in the heat. 10/10 definitely buying more & other flavors.
    vwbs2004zxat.jpeg

They're so so good! Did you try the cookies and cream ones? So amazing 🤤🤤

No! I ONLY had peanut butter, because I was worried it would be mostly almonds and not much coating! I can’t stand almonds by themselves so I thought they were trying to repackage them with a dusting to advertise it as being different, but I’m SO glad I tried it anyways because I wasn’t expecting it to be heavily coated, sweet, and as satisfying as it was!!!! I’ll be on the look out for cookies and cream! Is that your favorite? Did you try any of the others??
    These look good! qilmpszie2cr.jpeg

That DOES look good. While we're on the topic of Enlightened's Marshmallow Peanut Butter...does anyone feel like they changed the recipe? This flavor used to be my absolute favorite--and I still like it--but something about it is less pleasing to me. Almost like they adjusted the marshmallow base from when they first launched it. And they DEFINITELY cut down the amount of peanut butter. There used to be thick sheets of it throughout; now, just little pieces here and there. Maybe it's just my imagination?

YES. I had one just two days ago and was thinking the same thing but dismissed it because I remembered loving it, I figured I must’ve gotten a bad pint or something! When I used to log it I always remember it being 360 calories, but this one was 400, go figure! If they increased the calorie count AND cut back on peanut butter AND changed the base that’s it, I’m not getting that one anymore haha I’ll stick to regular chocolate peanut butter! So if you see the 360 pint of it, you’re good it’s probably the original recipe, but I guess be wary of those 400 ones in that flavor!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Smartbun is having a sale with free shipping. I loved these when I tried them a year ago so I think I may buy some again. Has anyone had the cakes? I’ve only had the slim thin ones which I loved. Wondering if these are as good before I buy. bjibpwh8kd6x.jpeg
    4wzz73ejr1xv.jpeg

Yes!!!! The cakes are amazing, especially the cinnamon! I’ve had the cinnamon, chocolate, lemon, and tangerine flavors and wasn’t disappointed with any! Definitely worth splurging on if you have a sweet tooth and not many calories left for the day!

Also, this was my first time trying the ON protein almonds, I’ve been wanting to try them for a while now but lost my self control when I saw the chocolate peanut butter flavor. Oh my goodness... it does NOT disappoint! It’s like a healthier version of the peanut butter M&M’s if they had a version with an almond in the middle. Soooooo addicting! The portion size was pretty large for the pack, too. Definitely filled me up and satisfied me for 230 calories! The only downside is I can imagine they make a mess if you throw a pouch in your purse when you’re out in the heat. 10/10 definitely buying more & other flavors.
    vwbs2004zxat.jpeg

No! I ONLY had peanut butter, because I was worried it would be mostly almonds and not much coating! I can’t stand almonds by themselves so I thought they were trying to repackage them with a dusting to advertise it as being different, but I’m SO glad I tried it anyways because I wasn’t expecting it to be heavily coated, sweet, and as satisfying as it was!!!! I’ll be on the look out for cookies and cream! Is that your favorite? Did you try any of the others??

That DOES look good. While we're on the topic of Enlightened's Marshmallow Peanut Butter...does anyone feel like they changed the recipe? This flavor used to be my absolute favorite--and I still like it--but something about it is less pleasing to me. Almost like they adjusted the marshmallow base from when they first launched it. And they DEFINITELY cut down the amount of peanut butter. There used to be thick sheets of it throughout; now, just little pieces here and there. Maybe it's just my imagination?

YES. I had one just two days ago and was thinking the same thing but dismissed it because I remembered loving it, I figured I must’ve gotten a bad pint or something! When I used to log it I always remember it being 360 calories, but this one was 400, go figure! If they increased the calorie count AND cut back on peanut butter AND changed the base that’s it, I’m not getting that one anymore haha I’ll stick to regular chocolate peanut butter! So if you see the 360 pint of it, you’re good it’s probably the original recipe, but I guess be wary of those 400 ones in that flavor!

Maybe that’s the difference. My pint was 360 calories.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    4wzz73ejr1xv.jpeg

vwbs2004zxat.jpeg

y1t9zinam03v.jpeg

See attached comparing the ingredients in the “new” PB marshmallow (top) compared to “old” (360 calorie). There are differences in both the ingredients used as well as the amount of each. Interesting!!
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    4wzz73ejr1xv.jpeg

vwbs2004zxat.jpeg

So far just the cookies and cream ones but I bought the cinnamon roll ones, too (just haven't tried them yet). I don't love almonds either so I was super surprised how delicious they were. I definitely wanna try all the flavors now. 🤤
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Lol what...f2cny21wdnvu.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    4wzz73ejr1xv.jpeg

vwbs2004zxat.jpeg

I read the same about chocolate peanut butter (400 calorie version) that the previous version was a lot better. I've only had the 400 cal so I can't compare but people said it has less peanut butter.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Lol what...f2cny21wdnvu.png

That's a pretty good marketing strategy to counter the Beyond Meat burger especially after they recently announced an improved product. If anything most people would chuckle about it but at least it would get their attention. I can see the kinds of people who get irrationally irate by vegetarians and vegans buying this.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    3tz8el4qs3ma.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    qqon5tpha9ht.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    dtf1nije4uhx.jpg

28g = 110 calories& 8 servings per pack.

They should re label this as one serving per pack because that is what it will be for me lol. 2 tbsp is so funny.

Ben & Jerry's hit a home run with the edible cookie dough! They could release a ton of varieties pumpkin spice, gingerbread, sugar cookie, birthday cake, etc.

I didn't care for the peanut butter much, but the regular is amazing.

Also I was shocked when Target updated their ice cream section since I finally found Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake flavor. I looked for that flavor forever to no avail (it's been out for a few years) & finally found it a few weeks ago. The flavor reminds me of a no bake cheesecake.

Anyone have any luck finding Blue Bunny's Chocolate Donut flavor?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm a little annoyed with the customer service of Built bars. I ordered a box of Mint and a box of Salted Caramel which led to getting six free Blueberry Cheesecake bars and four free Mint Brownie bars. They sent me a full box of Mint Brownie in addition to the free bars instead of the regular Mint ones I ordered. I emailed them and I got the response that I ordered a full box of Mint Brownie when I clearly did not. The order says Mint, the link on the order leads back to the regular Mint bars, and I don't even think you could order a full case of Mint Brownie with the promo they were doing. I know I definitely did not order a box of Mint Brownie and it's annoying me that they are not taking responsibility for the screw up.

Rant aside, the Blueberry Cheesecake is underwhelming; it has the same overall flavor as all of the other Built Bars except it has a slight blueberry note. Calling it a Blueberry bar would have been more understandable as I'm getting no cheesecake whatsoever. The Mint Brownie is pretty much exactly what I expected; the Mint bar with a chocolate base instead of the standard inside. It's also a little less chewy on the inside compared to regular Built bars. That being said, it does taste very good and I actually like it more than the regular Mint bars. I guess in the end it was a good mistake they made but I still wish they'd own up to it instead of acting like I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I love the mint brownie Built Bars! The mint brownie is a lot better in taste than the mint chocolate. It has a brownie taste to it and is more chocolatey.

The cheesecake is my favorite so far! Blueberry and chocolate go very well together. I am loving these bars!
    lhwrrvu4u7st.png
    p5cm0al4x3fe.png

I really want to try the blueberry ones, but I’ve got four boxes at the moment, so it’s hard to justify purchasing them. Haven’t had any that I hated. Not overly fond of the cinnamon, but they’re growing on me. I got a free box of 6 , with my last two orders, so I’ll finish those. Love the protein count for the calories!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm a little annoyed with the customer service of Built bars. I ordered a box of Mint and a box of Salted Caramel which led to getting six free Blueberry Cheesecake bars and four free Mint Brownie bars. They sent me a full box of Mint Brownie in addition to the free bars instead of the regular Mint ones I ordered. I emailed them and I got the response that I ordered a full box of Mint Brownie when I clearly did not. The order says Mint, the link on the order leads back to the regular Mint bars, and I don't even think you could order a full case of Mint Brownie with the promo they were doing. I know I definitely did not order a box of Mint Brownie and it's annoying me that they are not taking responsibility for the screw up.

Rant aside, the Blueberry Cheesecake is underwhelming; it has the same overall flavor as all of the other Built Bars except it has a slight blueberry note. Calling it a Blueberry bar would have been more understandable as I'm getting no cheesecake whatsoever. The Mint Brownie is pretty much exactly what I expected; the Mint bar with a chocolate base instead of the standard inside. It's also a little less chewy on the inside compared to regular Built bars. That being said, it does taste very good and I actually like it more than the regular Mint bars. I guess in the end it was a good mistake they made but I still wish they'd own up to it instead of acting like I don't know what I'm talking about.

And just like that I'm afraid to order anything from them. I cannot stand poor customer service. I personally would've put up a fight, but I'm glad it worked out to be a good mistake for you.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

And just like that I'm afraid to order anything from them. I cannot stand poor customer service. I personally would've put up a fight, but I'm glad it worked out to be a good mistake for you.

Built Bars seems almost like a pyramid scheme. You can tell a lot about a company by its social media presence, and theirs is a little sketchy imo.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Not sure if the sales at all Shoprite stores are the same or not, but just a heads up the ones near me are having this sale through July 6th!!!
    17hetmqc9lvt.jpeg

They’re also having this sale on Culture Republics light ice cream, I’ve never seen them has anyone here tried them??
    qjz6zm0k6lv0.jpeg