WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: You are gorgeous. Why would you try to disguise your pretty face? :huh:

Rori: We had chocolate & peanutbutter ice cream for National Ice-cream day. :bigsmile:

Anne PNW: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

Souchi: Welcome to a great group. Join in and get to know people. Some of us have been here for quite a long time, met our own weight loss goals and stick around so that we don’t fall back into bad habits. :wink:

Barbara: Thanks for the healing thoughts for Arrow. He is doing just fine according to his owner. She has asked me to work with him. I’ll give it a shot this week. I have no brilliant ideas about keeping bears out of the garbage. We have curbside garbage service weekly. There are two cans, ordinary garbage and recyclable stuff. The recycle can is the larger one. :star:

Machka: DDIL fell in love with pilates & became a certified pilates teacher. It has been great for her. I hope you are as pleased with your pilates experience as she has been. :flowerforyou:

Thanks to all of you for good birthday wishes. My son flew out for home yesterday. We had a great visit. Having him here was the best birthday gift and a complete surprise. We spent part of the day at a destruction derby at the fairgrounds. I used to watch them on TV with my dad, back in the black and white TV days. This is the only one I’ve ever seen in person. It was a nice treat to be there with our son.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    my kirby works as a pharmacy tech at virginia mason hospital in seattle, did you guys ever know that? oh well, u do now

Pip I was curious about who the hospital was named after (I didn't remember who "Virginia Mason" was) and found this:

Annie How did everything go at the funeral? Getting all your prep work done for tomorrow will help get you back on track. I've always wanted to try those overnight oats, they sound really good.

Karen in Virginia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Love the dress Kate UK!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Kate Wow! Lovely.

Rita Congratulations!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Kate, LOVE the dress! Maybe I need to learn to sew clothes, and not just quilts, because as reluctant as I am to wear dresses, I would wear that. Very retro. :)

Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Kate UK - That dress would be perfect for the Swing Dance. :D Love retro. <3

Rita - You are rocking it!!!!!

Phew what a day!!! Started early with Bea and then on it went. Pushed her up to the school to fetch the bigger ones (in the heat) had to drag them away from the playground and then home to ice lollies and cooking chicken nuggets for tea. DH was somewhat out of action as he has a pulled hip which is quite painful, so I had to be extra strict as he can't lift Bea etc.
    All went well though and we are now waiting for my son to get home.
    I was able to do my morning exercise as we were awake extra early with DH's pain, so I got a session in before Bea arrived. Thank goodness. I've been picking at their food. Also had an AF beer.
    Lanette - I think it's at least 25 years since the last reunion and maybe 35 before that!!!!
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kate ~ So much talent! :) I made most of my clothes when I was in my teens and up until my late 20's. Now, I can't see well enough to thread a needle. My first sewing machine was a Singer and it cost $90. It still runs!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Rita - you go girl!!!! I cant wait to get there..
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Carol Is it a featherweight? I have my mom's old Singer featherweight & it's a dream machine.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Tips - Shredded Chicken for recipes can add fajita seasoning to well any for any recipes even to add to soups.
    After boiling,baking,broiled,crockpot, steamer,etc on cooking methods when you first take it out take 2 Forks 🍴 Pull 2 Directions .It’s that simple also good for freezer meals to reheat later or add to recipes.

Kate- It’s Gorgeous!!!

RV Rita way to go on the shirts!!!

Bears 🐻- Some people hire a 2nd trash service if they can afford it to come out in between their main services to do a pick up or a trip to the dump in between.Every one here’s tried special sprays to cans not much else left other than this last resort...even then you have to find a service who will come out in between not the same day as the main one! I had to have 2 along time ago due to so many kids y living near wildlife. I payed extra dues for my Saturday HOA trash dump so drove with 2 bags in the back of my car truck.Had a guy come by once a week think it was Tuesday or Thursday. Then if need be a ride to the dump $15 a pop to dump a few bags. Trash was litterely our main bill next to water y electricity. I found the cheapest ways! The trash guy little truck with a big cage back fired as it drove up lol 😂 guess I needed to pay him more to get that thing fixed!

Lol I spring Clean every 3 months each season.Lol but calling it by any other name than spring gets confusing lol

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the hospital story. I forwarded it to kirby 2 c if he knew
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carol your dress is gorgeous and looks terrific on you. Almost ALMOST makes me want to sew again. I've done so in years.

Rita, wowzers girlfriend. You look terrific, what a tremendous NSV !

Love you my friends,
    Janetr OKC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,101 Member
    Options
    Amber - thanks! Guess I was too tired for the extra step of defrosting

Karen- the funeral went very well thanks. 81 people showed up, mostly my parents friends who never knew my brother, but it was excellent for my parents. One of my cousins had taped an improvisation on the piano for the funeral. There was a reception at the church afterwards, with cousins and friends. My mother said the service was perfect. My sister went back home to Tennessee after a good visit.

I really love the overnight oats. I make it with pea protein powder. It comes out cold and creamy yet very filling.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Annie

Glad the funeral went well. Glad for your mother, too.

Does pea protein taste like peas?

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Walked home to garner extra calories. :D I've totalled 850 burn today and needed every one.
    My DDIL is going to be on Breakfast TV on Thursday, BBC One. Apparently they heard her on Woman's Hour and want her for the TV. It's in Manchester, so she has got to go up the night before to be there first thing in the morning.
    I am really happy for her and will watch, but I really wanted this for myself when my memoir came out and fantasised about it. I felt sure it would happen as I felt mine was an important and current story.
    Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Yes, Barbara, I don't like myself.
    It is all hands to the pump this week with the other grandparents arriving tomorrow morning and the old nanny coming back on Wednesday for a couple of days. What a very difficult organising job.
    DDIL is taking August off.
    Love from a very envious Heather in the UK., (It is going to be very hot this week.)