Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Julie - welcome!

Rita, Way to go!

Barbara, nice number drops!

Stopping on my way back from the docs at the gym. I have to do something to get myself moving, and can't afford an elliptical, which I actually love...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    While I'm trying to wrap up the dressing room project ... which seems to have taken on a life of its own ... my husband is organising the kitchen. Turns out I'm a bit of a food hoarder! We're not going to go hungry any time soon.

I'm glad he's doing that. It's one of the things that's been on my list for a while.

As for my dressing room ... pretty much everything is in place now, and I've been finding a home for my cycling stuff at long last, but I open another bin or something and there's more!! I'm quickly running out of room.

Heather ... when I was in Canada, it took a decent heatwave for me to remove my socks, but here in Australia, they're off at about 16C. Even on colder days I'll walk around in bare feet complaining about how cold my feet are. :smiley:

Lisa ... have a good workout!

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    spng80hys3vr.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Young people recreating 80’s Exercise Video Lol one poor guy sweating from standing felt sorry for him looked like me with Peri-hot flashes exercising.

Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the corpsman took the old fashioned way, but I could tell, and feel he was a newbie. I mean most that have done it, put the cuff on higher, tighter, and pump it up to a painful moment. He also didn't put the round thingy right in the pulsepoint at the inside elbow area. He was just wishy washy about it all. The cubicles were small and I think I intimidated him a wee bit! Some times I feel like an alien on this base of fit airmen. I make light of it, my normal coping mechanism, but it does make me feel the same as when we were in Japan. I was a big woman in a society that wasn't. Ah well, humor will get me thru!

r8yfiarvow0o.jpg

💖Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Air Fryer Yellow Squash- sprayed with 0cal Pam spray. Lightly garlic powder with heavy blk. pepper . Cut the squash up into the shapes I liked. Quarter shape or wedges.
    25minures in highest heat 400* . Shake y fork toss mid way. Can add fish steaks after the first 10minutes then cook 15min more or until fish is done ✅ if fish needs longer. Big salmon chunk probably full 25minutes. For fun recipe here’s OldManCooking
    I cooked a whole squash big yellow one. Fit just fine no issues with it tasted great 👍.

Cooking chicken top /Steak Bottom yesterday in my steamer 1hour. The breasts so huge I have to put a Baking pan under with something to prop the steamer up in the middle so my kitchen stayed clean ...run over drippings! The chicken hubby buys is half a chicken 🍗 not a leg or thigh so wow juices flow y flow when cooking. Found if baking them have to empty my baking pan mid bake same reason.

Rebecca-Lol I got relatives all races trust me my 90lb Asian Great aunts many became my 200+ ones with age just like us. Depending on if they were still eating traditional foods from their homelands or more Americanized Diets.Even I was 68lbs at age 19...slowly hit the 100’s rested at 120 for decades.Now bam 💥 up to 195 with last pregnancy struggled to get down to 166.4 -169 range! A lot of folks on bases are whipper snappers (young as a newborn 👶 turtle 🐢 freashly hatched 🐣) .A lot of Asian cultures the older Women stay home let the younger ones fight the crowds daily for groceries. They just cook all day for the family. I miss that tho my Grandma had food we multi generations sat at one table (uncle y aunts,great relatives,grandparents multi generations, all us kids cousins to 5th cousins. ,etc) . All older female relatives walking in with food they cooked all day slapped it in the middle of a table. People on porches eating y adults on chairs! Was great times but now you got to make a reservation with each relative for a year to sit 1 dinner with them all thanks to scheduling issues to well their not willing anymore.
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    After yesterday's DOMMDinoes it was a lazy luxurious day. Despite mega-sugar (blame it on the wine!) I'm down 1 lb from last week. My bod, like KJ's and Beth's is screaming that it's time for a salad. Planned today's intake and veggies predominate.

Mary in AZ/MN would you please re-post AGAIN the links to the kettle bell info and workouts? I have a friend... ;}
    Anniesquats100 ((hugs)) for your loss. Must have missed it when your brother died, had he been ill long?
    Evelyn I'm in awe of the evenness of your baby blanket. Would be jealous if I had any crafting mojo at all.
    KJ Hubba Hubba haircut! Over the moon about Joaquin's visit ;) How did Lauren acquire her French fluency? Con VERY grats on the 5 lbs!
    Carol ditto the comments about your cut and your eyes. Your inner compassion glows out from them.
    Amber the "weight of the world" cartoon was a real tea-snorter. Thanks!
    JanetR "Exercise is a celebration..." what a great attitude-flipper!
    Heather would love to see you sparkle in your new tiara!
    Rita hope your Dr. is quickly convinced to rx the meds you need. Since November? When did you start keto? Size 9 jeans? Dang Rita, way to go!
    Geri congrats on the new eating plan. You're so right, preparation is key, or as Barbie tells us, strategy trumps willpower.
    Anne in PNW (((hugs))) for all you're going through.
    Rori thanks for National Ice Cream Day. Where is Yvonne fm TX?
    Tracey best friend since you were 2? WOW! Smoke-free for 10 years? WOWwowWOW!
    Connie "so happy to be back in the gym" words that never came out of MY mouth ;)
    Lisa 3 years smoke-free? Hooray!!! Agree about multitasking, a M$oft marketing ploy if ever there was one, violates the laws of space and time. Hmm, interesting to flip from a journey to health that could be overwhelming to compartmentalized, achievable steps. Myabe that's why guys can take the pounds off so fast? Good vibes for todays gastroenterologist visit, trusting the fix will be easy and simple.
    Beth will you take pip's boot with you to the meeting? Sounds like the officials could use it.
    Lanette aha, a fellow transgressor, thanks you made me feel better. Holding healing/helpful thoughts for today's appointment, trusting the fix will be simple and easy too.
    NYKaren "sweating with the oldies" at the hot DMV :laugh:
    Katla we have weekly garbage pickup too, .5 mile from the house to where the lane meets the pavement. Driving down the paved street you can follow the bears' progress down the hill... ;)
    Kate love the dress, envy you your sewing mojo.
    Shannon I'm sure your 'guests' will respond to your kindness in the coming weeks. They may regret their owners' return ;}
    Karen in VA I still shudder whenever I hear "pea protein" in my head.
    Heather the 'guess who' pic really made me smile! If I were so closely surrounded by three young ones you could see me twitch.
    pip "...wouldn't gimme any of the cool..." you cracked me up!
    Lenora so good to hear from you. Healing vibes to your DnL
    Kay Ageing Hippie, Mother of Dogs ;)
    Margaret and Michele, I have to winnow and condense what I say to Joe. If what I need isn't in the first 3 short phrases, I have no hope of getting it.
    Rebecca how did the corpsman take your BP? IF they use a machine on me, it goes sky high, but if the nurse uses the old fashioned cuff its in the 120/70's range. "my tribe" That's it!
    Barbie please be sure to share both "before" and "after pics of your bathroom. We could use the inspiration.
    Julie good to see you posting, it's been awhile?
    Machka "Human Computer Interaction" and 7 dimensions of wellness, intriguing. I certainly find this threat supportive of the financial (thrift tips), social, emotional, physical, intellectual and even spiritual dimensions.
    NYKaren any tips on lifestyle steps to lower LDL?
    Michele, Tracey, Lanette, count Joe in on the "what you cooked made me sick". He who eats cold Beanee Weenies from the can. [sigh] So for a month all I fixed for him was raw veggies (with honey mustard dip) and sliced fruit (he adds ReddiWhip). Let him make/eat what he wanted. Sunday made crockpot pineapple pork with brown rice and snow peas. He gobbled it up and was fulsome with the compliments ;)

Welcome souchie, TusconJane, CarleeCat1221 and JulieDee!

Plastic grocery bags DO come in handy. Next year they'll be banned here and we'll have to BUY bags with which to pick up poop. Ugh. Has anyone ever used a Doggie Dooley?

Hah1 caught up, momentarily. Time to floss, brush, comb and dress. Joe wants to check cistern's water level so we'll go down soon as I've got the hiking boots on. Fingers X'd.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    will update these later too, haven't been keeping up on my metrics. Meditate 0/31, knee exercises 0/31, CO>CI 5/31, vits+rx 3/31, play with Tumble 2/31, AF 2/31, steps: Tues:5770, Wed:3425 :{ Thur: 5949 so far
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for July: consistency.

I am here only for your enjoyment:0)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    a98bwbytj907.jpeg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Barbara My mission to lower my LDL includes oats every morning, no more full fat yogurt :'( , less red meat, more Brussels
    Sprouts, almonds, salmon and avocado. And oh yeah aiming for walking 3 Miles every day. I broke down my plan I to 3 “phases” before my lab work in mid September I’m down 2 lbs from my early June labs, and I’m in phase 2 of the mission—-and I do write every thing down in a bullet journal cause that motivates me

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: When I first met him, he wouldn’t gimme any of the cool drugs that he had (and still has) access to, he’s too honest. Oh well I tried. :laugh:

Lenora: Glad to hear you and DH are doing well. You have been missed around here. :smiley:

Barbie: I suspect your bathroom remodel will be just right. :bigsmile:

Michele: I understand your feelings about the class reunion. I went to my class’s meet and greet at the pub. There were four women who I went to Junior High with and I enjoyed seeing them again. Everyone else was essentially a stranger. I will say that the class “popular kids” turned out to see one another at the meet and greet & again at the fancy sit-down dinner the next day. I passed on that one. The two people I most wanted to see were not there. One was in my class for twelve years. The other went to the other highschool in town and I didn’t see him again after 6th grade. Of course, I didn't expect to see him at the reunion. :ohwell:

Viv UK: “ I've saved a fortune on heating bills since the menopause." I love it!!! :laugh:

Machka: I like “wellness.” Thanks for sharing. I love your idea for the 7 dimensions of wellness. :star:

Julie: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I love my gym membership. There are so many great people and also different exercise opportunities. Yoga is my favorite, but there is a machine room where I can ride a bike and pedal off calories while wishing the TV’s were quiet. There is also a weight room, and I don’t go there anymore. I did try out kettlebells but I had bad form and couldn’t seem to fix it. There are also racket ball courts. Tried that out several years ago and enjoyed it, but the friend I played with moved away. :ohwell: :smiley:

Lenora: I’m so glad to hear from you again. :star:

Barbara: We bought a poop-scoop set with a long handle on a “shovel” and another long handle with a blade to drag poop into the shovel. It works great. I also have a dangle on my dog leash that holds plastic bags. When we’re out walking in the neighborhood I can pick up his poo in the bag and drop the full bag into the first garbage can I see. It works well for me. Our city also has bag dispensers located at the entrances to parks and trash cans where people can drop off the dog poop bags and other garbage. A hundred years from now I envision archaeologists finding the plastic bags of poop and formulating theories about them. :laugh:

Heather: Your BBQ sounds divine, and delicious. :smiley:

Annie: I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. :flowerforyou:

Today, yoga was delightful even though it was at 8 am. Yikes!. My next yoga class will be Friday at 10 am. I have an eye doctor appointment coming up on Wednesday. It is just a routine check-up and I am not worried that she will find anything to worry about. DH wants to upgrade his Iphone because the old one died. I susepct that will become part of the day to the eye doctor.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Lenora good to see you post.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - your barbecue sounds wonderful!

Firstly - all biopsies were absolutely negative, and all the scopes showed nothing alarming. Still a few mild symptoms, but they feel they will clear up if I add fiber, which I will start doing. There are fiber preparations out there that I will start using... which should balance out the iron that I will probably have to take for the rest of my life.

There are worse things.

Katla - I used to go to the gym when we lived in Fort Stockton... but life has been just so peripatetic since, it never made sense to try again. Planet Fitness does have a $10 a month membership, which as my husband pointed out, even with the $40 annual fee on top of it, comes out to less than an hour's worth of either one of our salaries each month. And they are fully staffed 24-7, so even my 5 a.m. visits should be reasonably safe.

And... there's no commitment. If I don't like it, I can cancel. Which I will if I don't. :smiley: I signed up today, and will start tomorrow. No time like the present!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Well I am home and in bed our mystery trip was to lavender pond farm...the weather wasnt great.. but was nice then we went to lunch.. and that's where I made my mistake..ugh...
    I ordered clam strips and fries I should have known better.. came home and went straight to bed. Got up and put p.j.s on and am back in bed
    .lesson learned..
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Grandmallie - oooh greasy y 🧂 salty bet that led to a nice nauseating feeling with headaches y belly pains too.When we were younger the things we could eat. Lol I loved pickles y ice cream as a teenager.Of course my stomach condition means meds that tasted like chalk ground up in a glue factory so my food likes were pretty gross to compensate I’m sure.Lol sad part every pregnancy I craved those weird things!

Annie- Proud Of you! You handled everything with such grace. Here’s hoping 🤞 your weight stayed put or cones off quicker than mine did after Daughters visit.

UPDATE:Tried the HEB sugarfree pudding with the same unsweetened almond milk I bake with all the time. Wasn’t impressed by the taste Hubby said next time we should buy the Walmart brand give it a taste.Until then will eat up every box I bought work on the recipe to see if it tastes better frozen, mixed with electric mixer instead of by hand,or even a little creamer from Hubby coffee to give it some pep.His is a low enough calorie brand that 1Tbls won’t be too bad but still will raise it from 60calories to 95calories it’s flavored so will see if that helps too.Sometimes you got to add something back to makeup for everything taken out.Or it could be a product not perfected for dieters taste buds just yet... might taste better with cows milk but then it would trigger my stomach spasms so no Thankyou.

Amber Tx