WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Amber I'm doing Keto and have had a couple cheat days here and there.. this was just a bad decision..wont do it again..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,240 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
    c8l43ndorejf.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie- Lol clams y fries fried would knock me flat . Guy Cousin (3rd I think) y his wife are in Keto they’ve dropped a lot of weight he’s only eating 1000-1100calories. Sounded to low to me but who knows. What works for one doesn’t for another. He has a egg in the morning before work (plain). Then for lunch a avocado 🥑, potatoe fried in light oil lots of seasoning 🧂, y 2 fried eggs 🥚 in light oil or margarine. Then meat 🥩 for dinner with lots of veggies even if at work. We are close funny because his mom is my Dads 1st cousin y there not as close lol. He’s older than me still going strong 💪.

Spring Cleaning 🧹- Just hit my Underwear drawer been 2 1/2 years because of hope I’d be a sz 5 panty again lol 😂.Finally tossed the old ones y took the newer to brand new 5-7’s to my Daughters underwear shelf. Had socks 🧦 I bought while pregnant with swollen feet y kankles . Swelling from hypertension got so bad I went from my socks to Mother-in-laws to Hubby’s to bare foot 🦶 cause even shoes stopped fitting.I then understood the Barefoot y pregnant joke. Got the socks 8-10per bag for $4 each on sale they’ve say unopened.Well tossed the bad ones y sacked up the aggghh okay but looks bad ones for Family members in Mexico (farming community they wear them while working so new work clothes to them). Got family in Brazil to U.K. depends on which side of the family or in-laws we’re talking about lol. Brazil y USA 🇺🇸 where my Family fled to during Hitler we sent our Jewish y young (Hitler Youth ages) kids over on 2 boats. The ones in Brazil became all Doctors 🥼 the many richer families that took them in decided to teach them raise them as their own leaving them open for greater education . The ones who landed on USA 🇺🇸 joined family members here since Plymouth Rock so farmers to hunters (They left the colony married into Native American Tribes still do (Great Grandma was full blooded Native American). Oh well mind wandered lol Drawers cleaned that’s the point.Fought a 2yr old running off with my panties the whole time but done ✅. Gave up on starting the next drawers..maybe next year.

Amber Tx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Rori: Your dinner sounds lovely. My husband has an IP and loves it. He really has fun cooking with it. Our neighbor’s husband also has one and loves it. Technically they’re owned by the families, but in both cases the men have laid claim. I have a strong personal preference cooking stew & roasting chicken & turkey in cast iron. :bigsmile:

Pip: You have been blessed with two wonderful husbands and each of them has been blessed to have you. :heart:

DH’s ancient iphone died and we’re planning to get him a new one this week. We have a couple of choices—there is the Apple Palace in downtown Portland (my nickname for it) and there are a couple of other Apple stores that don’t qualify as palaces. I took mine into the Washington Square store for a problem repair. They did a great job, but the mall was humongous. I see two primary options—trying to park in NW Portland or hiking half a mile in a huge mall. The parking at the mall is free, and so is the enormous hike to the store.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.30min, 12.4amph, 133mhr, 1.55mi= 66c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 48.49min, 14.6amph, 144mhr, 11.91mi= 499c
    apple watch- didn't record
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.05min, 144mhr, 10.05min mi, .50mi= 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.23min, 144mhr, 9.59min mi, .43mi= 68c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.04min, 8.4amph, 141mhr, 2.52mi= 188c
    apple watch- 138c

total cal 885
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Caught up, again. You all have much more going on than I do. Had a trauma this morning when battery died on food scale (would never have thought that would bother me so much). After searching everywhere for a replacement, remembered I had recently put one in my old scale (that I replaced last week), so I was able to solve that problem.

Got sad news at work today-former long term employee passed away. She had suffered from Alzheimers for several years. She had been so vibrant and joyful, a great person to work with. The last two years she didn't really remember anyone.

Came home, got some insurance billing questions emailed off, hopefully get issue resolved soon. I think that a bill other than mine showed up on my MyChart and I paid it while I paid another bill there. Flex spending asked for documentation for charge and I noticed the discrepancy. Don't mind if I really do owe the money, but don't want to give it up.

Went for short walk after dinner--really beautiful out and with the breeze a bit cool. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same, then heat back up some after that. Oh well, it is summer.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did a Work It Off DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

It rained real hard last night and now it’s cooler. We’ll need to put more chemicals in the pool. Vince was planning to cut the grass today but it’s too wet so we’ll probably do it later in the week. I do need to get things listed to take to the Salvation Army tomorrow.

Lanette – good luck at the hospital

Juliedee – welcome! I hear ya about how frustrating it can be to see these gals with perfect bodies. So many times I think “just wait till you’re my age and have had multiple children” “just wait”.

I am finding that since I’m on maintenance, Nutritionix seems to be working better for me for logging foods. Sometimes they only have certain things in their database which are 10 or so calories off from what I have. So I’m learning more and more that close is fine without going over. But I still come back here for the wonderful ladies.

Barbara – oh, Vince is too lazy to make what he wants. So I put breading on things that I want more flavor for and he scrapes it off (rather than making something). Well HE can spend the time scraping it off.

If I don’t use the plastic bags when I clean the litter box, I give them to the soup kitchen

Amber – when I made bacon in the air fryer, I had to drain the fat mid-cook, too. Well, the air fryer is returned, so no more air fryer bacon. I don’t think I’ll get another one, too big

Just tried to start the application for Medicare . Vince said I can apply 6 months before I turn 65, only it’s 3 months. Still 

Lisa – yea for negative biopsies and scopes! I didn’t know Planet Fitness charged an annual fee! I thought it was just monthly. Not like I use them, there isn’t one by me.

Ginny in O(H – I’m so sorry about your former long-term employee

Called Denise. PJ has an infantile hemangioma. He’s right now on timerol gel (?spelling). They took an EKG and then he’ll be on propranolol assuming everything is OK.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Barbara- all the information is on my old success story update.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10449355/update-stronglifts-and-kettlebell-transformation-pictures#latest

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Heather - your barbecue sounds wonderful!

Firstly - all biopsies were absolutely negative, and all the scopes showed nothing alarming. Still a few mild symptoms, but they feel they will clear up if I add fiber, which I will start doing. There are fiber preparations out there that I will start using... which should balance out the iron that I will probably have to take for the rest of my life.

There are worse things.

Katla - I used to go to the gym when we lived in Fort Stockton... but life has been just so peripatetic since, it never made sense to try again. Planet Fitness does have a $10 a month membership, which as my husband pointed out, even with the $40 annual fee on top of it, comes out to less than an hour's worth of either one of our salaries each month. And they are fully staffed 24-7, so even my 5 a.m. visits should be reasonably safe.

And... there's no commitment. If I don't like it, I can cancel. Which I will if I don't. :smiley: I signed up today, and will start tomorrow. No time like the present!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas

I joined Planet Fitness in February. I did it because I knew I needed more than walking, and I don’t walk in extreme weather (cold, hot or wet). Louisville has been wet or hot from months on end. I really like my location, and it has kept me more active when I would have hung it up when it got hot! I love that 15-18 year olds have been free this summer. My daughter and I have a blast there.

This coming from the person who hated PE and could find so many excuses to sit on the bench. I’ve kind of gotten addicted to it. I really miss it when I don’t go. However, it was great to get to walk outside tonight. I have my bedroom window open a bit so I can hear the crickets and tree frogs. We’re supposed to have awesome weather until Friday.

Connie in KY
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3 Think we were all overcome by the heat yesterday, so didn't stay as long as we would have at the York Maze. We didn't finish the maze either, but we were so hot we didn't care lol. We went into the updated House of cornfusion which was much better than last year. We were glad to get home though.

I was woken by a storm in the early hours, spectacular thunder and lightening! It didn't clear the air for long, it's still muggy this morning.

Think we'll take it easy today ;)

Haven't had time to read yet, so hope everyone is doing okay.

<3 Viv UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3