• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    8/2am
    Active Recovery
    Walk - (30min)

Needed a break...
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Three mile walk. I’m trying to fit in stretching and abs before I leave for the weekend, and then it’s body surfing all weekend and lots of walking in the sand. I pushed myself and I guess I lifted too heavy on bis and tris day because my elbow is too sore to do shoulders today. I’m hoping it will be well enough by Monday, but if not, I’ll have to lay off the upper body weights until it feels better and ease back into it with yoga first.
  • J72FIT
    Momjogger wrote: »
    then it’s body surfing all weekend and lots of walking in the sand.

That sounds perfect...

• Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Today I rode my indoor bike for an hour and played Minecraft and then went for a swim. In the morning I'm going to run a trail and aiming for a 5 mile loop.

I love trail running. My trail running time is about equal to my street running time - I think it’s totally mental for me. I spend so much time watching wildlife and my footing that the time goes by faster so I don’t feel like I’m slogging through my run. I only do about 2.5 miles though. Five is a long trail run!
  • J72FIT
    8/2
    pm
    Yoga
    Ashtanga 1/2 Primary Series
    Skill
    Handstand Training
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,722 Member
    Rowed another 7.3k in the double.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited August 2019
    Trailered boats for an hour and a half: de-rigging, moving shells (boats) to the trailers, moving oars, making sure we had enough oars (thank god me and another person voiced our skepticism to each other, counted, and then consulted our coach...), etc. Lots of walking back and forth.

Drove to Seattle, walked around the university district, and now I'm about to go to a cafe before going to my airbnb. It's not even 4 and I have nearly 8,600 steps, and that's despite little over three hours sitting in my car driving up here.

edit: and after walking to said coffee shop, I'm up to 9,780 steps and I'm sure my garmin thinks I've walked up more floors than i have - Seattle being hilly and such.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2019
    SS (steady state) day today. Made it 50 minutes on the rower until my HR creeped above 145. Was very pleased with that (over 10K meters). Numbers looked very consistent on speed, SR and HR throughout. Around 2:26 or so average pace. Very happy after the hard day I did yesterday. Finished with 10 minutes on the AirBike.
  • AnnPT77
    edited August 2019
    aokoye wrote: »
    Trailered boats for an hour and a half: de-rigging, moving shells (boats) to the trailers, moving oars, making sure we had enough oars (thank god me and another person voiced our skepticism to each other, counted, and then consulted our coach...), etc. Lots of walking back and forth.

Drove to Seattle, walked around the university district, and now I'm about to go to a cafe before going to my airbnb. It's not even 4 and I have nearly 8,600 steps, and that's despite little over three hours sitting in my car driving up here.

edit: and after walking to said coffee shop, I'm up to 9,780 steps and I'm sure my garmin thinks I've walked up more floors than i have - Seattle being hilly and such.

Best wishes for a strong and satisfying race(s)! Report back, eh? :flowerforyou:
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    8/2/2019

Workout - active rest week

#1 - single set of pull-ups for max reps effort - completed 15 reps - this is good and a new older-man PR – last time I tested was 13 reps, it was a while ago.

#2 - walk 3.44 miles in 60 minutes = 17:27 mile pace - average HR = 85 bpm (47 percent) maximum HR = 124 bpm (69 percent) total 410 calories.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    total body workout with weights, plus pushups.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Best wishes for a strong and satisfying race(s)! Report back, eh? :flowerforyou:

I would love to hear as well. Best of luck and have fun!
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Climbed blueberry mountain and picked a 1L container of wild berries with the fiance, kiddo and dogs.
    qdnmom0jtpsf.jpg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Thanks and will do! The preview is that it my day will involve a half an hour walk from my AirBnB to the regatta at 6:50am. While I am 3 blocks from the lake, I am not three blocks from where my club's tent will likely be :D
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Momjogger wrote: »
    Today I rode my indoor bike for an hour and played Minecraft and then went for a swim. In the morning I'm going to run a trail and aiming for a 5 mile loop.

I love trail running. My trail running time is about equal to my street running time - I think it’s totally mental for me. I spend so much time watching wildlife and my footing that the time goes by faster so I don’t feel like I’m slogging through my run. I only do about 2.5 miles though. Five is a long trail run!

Same. My road time is practically zero just now. I'll do a treadmill run Mondays and my two other weekly runs have been trails for a while now. The boredom is real on asphalt! I got my five done yesterday and it was 900' - took me like an hour twenty but felt really good. I'm thinking yoga and light cardio today :smile:
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    My workout today was a 45 minute Bodypump class. I've not been in well over a year so started light with the weights but I am looking forward to getting properly back into it.
  • AnnPT77
    Rowed 8.2k in my single. Only the 2nd time in the single this season. Regaining the feel, working my way toward a little more push, at least in sections of river with less of the blade-grabbing weed carpet. :lol:
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    I did a HIIT workout today.
  • soniasharma2
    soniasharma2 Posts: 15 Member
    1 mile run
    100 yard sprint w/ 20 lb, 10 squat press w/ 30 lb, 5 burpies (3 min/round x 6 rounds)
    1mile run up hill