WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,667 Member
    Options
    "You can LOVE somebody but not neccesarily LIKE them".

A lesson that I learned only recently and can apply to your parents and children as well.

Bianca from South Africa

Very true, I loved my mother, she gave me birth but I DEFINITELY did not like her as a person
  • pipcd34
    Options
    xt9t01bdggj1.jpeg
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    JoJo, i have breakfast, trying to have plenty of protein and as little sugar or carbs as I can. I’m eating about 35% protein, 30% carbs and 35% fat, so I plan the rest of my day’s eating keeping those numbers and my calorie limit in mind. I try to keep my total carbs under 100g, and my protein at 75g or above. My total sugars are below 35. I eat more veggies, grains and seafoods, keep away from fruit juices in preference to whole fruits, and I avoid potatoes (except sweet potatoes) and white rice and pasta. That doesn’t mean I don’t have them, but I keep portions smaller. I eat lots of fish and shellfish and of course chicken and turkey, although I prefer dark meat because it’s moister and has more flavor. Then I adjust at each mean if I vary from what I planned.
    I drink decaf coffee, tea and what my family called “water juice”. It’s that fruit flavored water that sells in about 1liter bottles at mostgrocery stores for about 80¢ to $1. Each chain seems to have their own brand. I actually gag on plain water unless it’s cold. I use flavoring drops and that helps. I use artificial sweeteners, but can’t stand the taste of stevia.
    Everyone’s plan is their own, but I hope telling you about mine helps. I had weight loss surgery in January, but my dietician has me on regular food at 100% now.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,082 Member
    Options
    Janetr extra prayers for granddaughter. The caregiver needs care too especially since she is pregnant. Sooo sorry this happened to your family.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sharon: I am looking at my pie chart for the day & currently have 40% protein, 24% carbs & 36% fat. I always hope to have equal thirds by the end of the day, but it doesn’t always happen. DH is on a Gluten Free diet. I still eat bread containing gluten but we have gluten free breads for him. I like his gluten free buns better than anything else for a hamburger but make my sandwiches from regular sourdough bread. We have learned to be flexible and to support one another’s food needs. :star:

(((Janetr))) Continued prayers for your granddaughter & her young man. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janetr extra prayers for granddaughter. The caregiver needs care too especially since she is pregnant. Sooo sorry this happened to your family.

Thank you so very much. BF is actually ate real food for lunch today. First time since the accident. Haven't heard yet how that went. They have him on one of the strongest pain meds available.

Janetr okc
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💖
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Yvonne-Tx -Thankyou that’s what I needed to know. Think I’ll dig further into meal prep cause with High blood pressure to calories restrictions definitely can do more with this method. I’ll tell my cousins we are looking into options as a team.Lol but we’re all on different diets.Meal Prep I’m able to make 100cal- 500cal meals grab the amount I want when still hungry.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    pwscnojcz25y.jpeg

I’m up to 1,190. 00. I am almost there!
  • marfeez
    marfeez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How do I ask someone to be my friend on here? I’ve used MFP in the past, but it’s been years. Im looking for active and motivated friends.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @marfeez

Many people on this thread don't accept friend requests. Not out of meanness. It's just a personal preference. If you want to join us on this thread, just bookmark us by clicking on the pale yellow star top right corner of this page. You don't have to add us as friends to join in.

To request a friend: Click on the name of the person you want to be friends with. This will pop up a box where you will click on the person's name again. That will take you to their profile, where there is an option to add them as friend.

Karen in Virginia
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    Options