qr7qjsxgbp4n.jpeg
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Yvonne Texas- Yeah I alter recipes so much I don’t even think about it anymore. Can’t have wine,Alcohol,or balsamic vinegar but I love a few of Paula Deand recipes have to skip that lol which is ALL her recipes. Salts effecting my BP so I skip the salt completely or add a dash of sea salt only. I use a lot of alternatives. Think older we get even a TV dinner recipe we alter lol. Peel foil back...leaves it good enough. Preheat oven - nah I’ll just cook it an extra 10minutes.

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My husband has made it through another year! It's his birthday and each year is a gift.

Wiggle Your Toes Day! I often walk around barefoot at home, even when it's cold ... until my feet reach a point of 'too cold' and I have to go find some socks.

Rosacea - my husband had it quite badly a number of years ago, then cut way back on the alcohol and it cleared up. He hasn't touched an alcoholic beverage in a good 18 months now and there isn't even a hint of it.

I have developed a little bit of it on my cheeks as I've gotten older. I rarely drink alcohol, and haven't done at all in well over a year ... but I've still got a little bit of it. I do drink quite a bit of coffee during the day before 5 pm ... so perhaps that contributes. I am stressed, so that might be part of it.

There are apparently various creams that might help, and antibiotics if it is really bad. Meanwhile, mine is light enough that a good foundation makes it more or less disappear.

LisaInAR wrote: »
    So.... the tests were negative for infection, which is good, but not good because now they think I'm a hypochondriac looney tunes. *sigh* So, I'm off up to the drugstore for the suggested D Mannose, now that I've researched it, in hopes that I can head off what I'm pretty sure is coming.

Hopefully the test was correct.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
    Pensively wondering if I maybe I actually am a hypochondriac, but I know I have extensive knowledge of my own body... and most of me still believes I'm just symptomatic ahead of the infection... but still wondering.

I'm with you!! Lately I've been feeling like something isn't right but so far tests are coming back more or less negative ... and I begin to wonder if it is just me. Maybe it's just stress.

However, there is now an infection in my gums and possibly right into the jaw on the left side of my mouth, so I've been put on antibiotics. I'm hoping that will help clear up whatever's going on in my mouth + whatever else is making me feel like things aren't right.

It's not that I want to be sick, but when I'm experiencing random weird symptoms and when I don't feel well, I would like there to be a diagnosis. It's this and we can treat that with ...

Machka in Oz
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Allie - Sounds like you’ve got a good attitude to make it through until you find something else. Good luck!!

Okie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, my father always told me that the best thing to take with you wherever you go is "the right attitude". It sounds like you are doing that at work.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did Kathy Smith’s Step Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water aerobics class

Vince wants to cut the grass (weeds) today. I want to be sure to plant this tree that this guy gave me. Update: forgot to plant the tree

Sharon the cop – welcome! One of the things you’ll find on this thread that you won’t find on any other thread with lots of kids is that the women here have much greater insight into something and are much more tolerant of people having different views. Very refreshing. A friend of mine used to make the plastic blankets for the homeless. I don’t recognize your name. Have you changed it?

JR – I saw this t-shirt one time that said “guns don’t kill people, dads with daughters do”….lol

Lisa in AR – Vince feels the same way about Bill Gates. Oh, how he hates the way Microsoft seems to feel they know what’s best for you. Ah…no. Sometimes you want to do something and just can’t because it won’t let you. Frustrating. Good news on the test! We know our bodies better than anyone else

Lanette – how I wish I could go to low carb! But it would be REALLY hard for me. I’d really feel I was being deprived. I don’t eat much in the way of white bread/biscuits, etc. But give me fruits and veges! That’s what puts me over the top all the time. Congrats on the loss

Think I’ll go work on Jess’ third and last t-shirt. Update: Finished it!!!!

Cut the weeds then went in the pool. I needed that. I was so hot and sweaty

Terri – when we go to FL I’ll get the other 2 dwarfs that I don’t have (I know one is Doc, but I forget the other one) and Snow White.

Carol in GA – good for you getting to the gym!!! I know I miss it if I don’t do it one day. I firmly believe that really helps my hot flashes. When I came home from Denise’s, boy did I ever have a hot flash. I was dripping wet. When I exercise, I still get them but I’m not dripping

Katla – when the kids would ask when I was talking to myself “who are you talking to” I’d answer “the most intelligent person in the room”. They didn’t think it was funny…strange

Beyond April – congrats on that marathon

B4leaving – you’re doing so well

Yvonne – you made me wiggle my toes!

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Yvonne in TX "Janet - Ooh, I need that "self employed" t-shirt too! I have the most efficient staff meetings on the planet...

Made me laugh, I hope all attendees are in agreement as to how to proceed :)

Janetr OKC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Michele when the kids would ask when I was talking to myself “who are you talking to” I’d answer “the most intelligent person in the room”. They didn’t think it was funny…strange LOL
    Katla, I totally understand. I wish hubby would be more interested in joining in family things, but his parents were the black sheep of their families (they weren't bad, they just marched to their own drummers) so he didn't do a lot of family get togethers. Add that to the fact that they came out here to the west coast of the country when everyone else was in Ontario..... I sincerely do hope that an answer can be found to ease your hubby's pain. I know that doesn't make it fun for anyone.
    Yvonne, funny that you mentioned wiggle your toes day! I was listening to the radio today and the DJ said the same thing! Along with a bunch of other "days", but this made me smile! I also need the self employed tee!
    Allie, good to hear that it was an old posting, but shouldn't he have taken it down when he hired someone? Or is it one of those sites where everything stays forever? (those are annoying!) Still thinking good thoughts for a better job for you!
    That's all for me tonight, up early tomorrow for work, going to bike! It's a short day for me 9:30 til 1:30, so will get home at a very good time. Thurs and Fri I work til 6, the hour bike ride after that means we eat dinner around 7:30 and that's if I'm organized! I am this week, for one of the days anyway. We'll see what happens.... In the meantime, I hope everyone has a great day!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I so wanted to start August logging in every day and here we are 7th August already and I am still way behind.
    Busy looking at kitchens, but hoping everyone is doing okay.
    <3 Viv UK

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    well I tried the pistashio trick and honestly does work.. slept well last night..up having my tea and will watch Joyce and do mu usual routine.. I usually have tues weds off but am assisting today from 10-4 so there ya go..