WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Cheri and others who might know. I have an old quilt that needs some repair. We want to give the quilt to Lilliana when she is a little older. There is no local group or business that we know of that does that sort of thing. Any advice?

Karen in Virginia
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Connie--Sending hugs and prayers. Never ready to lose our mom.

Karen--Yes there was a big storm and lots of trees and power lines down. I made it to work and we have been busy. They lost power at the hospital during the night and went on genertor power. Which messed up the computer and printers.Took acouple hours to get everything up and running. Water leaks all over big time.
    I had an appointment with the partner of my chirocpractor this morning. Mine was hurt in an ATV accident acouple months ago so is off until sometime in Sept. Anyway I called this morning to make sure they were open and running on time, since I have to leave work. They said they were. Get there and 45 mintues later he is still not ready for me, so I told them I have to leave and let them know I was pissed. So just before I get back to work they call me and say how sorry they are and that the person a head of me took so much longer then they expected. So we rescheduled for next Wednesday morning. I just hope it works better. I usually go once a month and my back does well. I haven't gone since my doctor was hurt so going on 3 months and can tell. I was not happy.

Karen--I have a quilt my grandma made me over 50 years ago and she would always say I want you to use these not put in a box to rot. So I use it and it was getting really worn around the edges. I took it to our local senior center and some ladies there put new border around it and it's in use again. So maybe there is a senior center close to you that would have someone that could help you.

Katla--I hope the tests today help you and DH find the answers you need and you can plan that long awaited trip.

Well ladies out of news.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Vicki GI Glad you checked in! Thanks for the idea about the senior center, that may be a good resource for quilters.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,402 Member
    Options
    Cheri and others who might know. I have an old quilt that needs some repair. We want to give the quilt to Lilliana when she is a little older. There is no local group or business that we know of that does that sort of thing. Any advice?

Karen in Virginia

Karen - I pm'd you. B)

Lanette

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    I'm home and will be off to feed DFIL in a few minutes then home to relax.. long day . And we shall see how tomorrow goes.MY boss is ticked off as he hired a shoddy contractor and he paid him a good amount up front.. so they are supposed to be working tomorrow so we shall see if there working than I cant
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy National Sea Serpent Day!

"Sea serpents, also often known as sea dragons, were common in ancient mythologies and are celebrated on Sea Serpent Day. They may have been partially inspired by the giant oarfish, which can grow up to fifty feet in length, and is rarely sighted because it lives thousands of feet below the ocean's surface. ... [T]wo of the most legendary sea serpent sightings took place in the month of August - Daedalus on August 6, and Gloucester later in the month. Daedalus was spotted in 1848, while Gloucester was spotted in 1817."

Machka - Despite being experts on our own bodies, we women really have to fight to get medical professionals to hear us. It's infuriating!

Connie - You and your mom are in your thoughts. As they say, this aging thing isn't for sissies.

Debby - I have a Maine Coon and he's an amazing boy. He's nineteen years old now but still going strong (knock on wood!). It never gets any easier to lose them, does it?

Karen - You might see if any local senior center has a quilting group. When I inherited a quilt top pieced by my great-grandmother, the ladies at the senior center added a backing and quilted it for me.

In honor of Sea Serpent Day, I'm singing the theme song from a silly old cartoon, "Cecil the Seasick Serpent." (A BOB CLAM-PETT CAR-TOOOOOOON.)

Now back to work...

-Yvonne in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
    ea7vh7xeiz8p.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    eqt7npzo44bt.jpeg
    1mmk6hk9iigi.jpeg
    ubvamgj8tigm.jpeg
    fchc8fno132l.jpeg
    9crpyhbcloar.jpeg
    61wvv9sm1lp2.jpeg
    Brunch - 3 bbq 🍗 chicken wings,carrots ,last of the soda for this year (won’t crave it again for a year),guacamole y chips.
    Dinner - carrots,4oz tea,water, 8 baked potatoe chips ,2 slices honey wheat toast Owens brand 70cal each slice, chicken lunch meat,mayo with olive oil,spinach leaves ...so sandwich with chips y carrots 🥕.

Exercise-light walking (yesterday was fast)
    Mobility- Still struggling to get off the floor but moving faster than I was last year. Need to strengthen my core since JRs getting heavier y taller.
    Doctors diets for us pinned up trying to make cuts arrange meals from them again now that cholesterol got the cut. Swear they keep this up will be the Jetsons with our pill 💊 we add water to lol 😂.
    Tomorrow food will see what I crave.
    Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    avshq6vzo9lt.jpeg
  • pipcd34