Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,068Member Member Posts: 7,068Member Member
    Grilled miso glazed wild sockeye salmon, grilled zucchini i roasted red pepper sauce.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 265Member Member Posts: 265Member Member
    @ Squishy_H That looks soo good!! Love those mushrooms!!

Last night I made Stuffed Peppers. Ground turkey with mushrooms, zucchini, onions and can of crushed tomatoes.
    Stuffed it in the peppers and sprinkled with some cheese
    and into the oven.
    Kids had the stuffing with pasta and I had the stuffed pepper. Good "stuff"! :D
  • madwells1madwells1 Posts: 509Member, Premium Member Posts: 509Member, Premium Member
    Pot roast, roasted sweet potatos, sauteed spinach.
    Pizza subs.
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Posts: 8,220Member Member Posts: 8,220Member Member
    A boiled egg.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,306Member Member Posts: 2,306Member Member
    Grilled pork chops and peaches, sweet potatoes.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,993Member Member Posts: 2,993Member Member
    Burst tomato galette with corn and zucchini from Smitten Kitchen. The changes that were made: I subbed whole wheat flour for a third of the flour, added 1 caramelized onion, and didn't use any cheese.

kl9t29a197lj.jpg
  • AustinRuadhainAustinRuadhain Posts: 1,587Member Member Posts: 1,587Member Member
    Red Lentil Soup with North African Spices - delicious! And quick and easy to make!
    https://www.kcet.org/food/weekend-recipe-red-lentil-soup-with-north-african-spices
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,034Member Member Posts: 4,034Member Member
    Visiting my mom's place. Tonight's dinner was a collaboration. Mom made fried rice with a topping of oyster mushrooms. I did coca cola chicken thighs with braised carrots and roast asparagus.
    m4g967codlv4.jpeg
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,993Member Member Posts: 2,993Member Member
    Broiled mackerel, roasted yam, roasted broccoli, rice, and homemade ssamjang. It all came together pretty quickly all things considered.

8s0xcir6kgzs.jpg

My turn to cook at my mom's house. Trying to use up the leftover groceries we bought for my previous cook which my mom would likely otherwise toss such as ready made pesto, linguine and streaky bacon because she mostly cooks Chinese. Soupe au pistou again, and linguine amatriciana. At least this time she didn't use Chinese pickled mustard leaf as a condiment on everything. She liked amatriciana better than carbonara. I think she was horrified at seeing raw egg yolks being tossed into carbonara.
    clky0ysaxe7k.jpeg
    ur8bfnuo5qfp.jpeg

• 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 8,631Member Member Posts: 8,631Member Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    My turn to cook at my mom's house. Trying to use up the leftover groceries we bought for my previous cook which my mom would likely otherwise toss such as ready made pesto, linguine and streaky bacon because she mostly cooks Chinese. Soupe au pistou again, and linguine amatriciana. At least this time she didn't use Chinese pickled mustard leaf as a condiment on everything. She liked amatriciana better than carbonara. I think she was horrified at seeing raw egg yolks being tossed into carbonara.
    clky0ysaxe7k.jpeg
    The Soupe au pistou looks good. Your mum is absolutely adorable @reactions to Italian cuisine.
    The condiment my mom threw onto both linguine carbonara and soupe au pistou was this.
    https://pupswithchopsticks.com/chinese-olive-vegetable/
    It is a combination of mashed green olive and Chinese preserved mustard greens, so kind of a Chinese tapenade. I do have to admit that vegetable soup flavoured with a dollop tapenade would work pretty well as an alternative to soupe au pistou. Those strong commercial sauces are a good way to flavour soup when you don't have stock on hand.
  • Squishy_HSquishy_H Posts: 39Member, Premium Member Posts: 39Member, Premium Member
    Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepperat05lpjiw75u.jpeg
    Grilled pork tenderloin, baked potatoes and asian cabbage slaw.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 910Member Member Posts: 910Member Member
    Thick Cut Pork Chop with Salad
    shnharxppx3z.jpg
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 265Member Member Posts: 265Member Member
    Pot luck party at a friends.
    I made Spinach salad with sliced red onions, hard boiled eggs and pumpkin seeds & Fruit salad, watermelon balls, green grapes and strawberries.

There were so much good stuff! But I kept it under my limit and still got to enjoy everything. :)