What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Visiting my mom's place. Tonight's dinner was a collaboration. Mom made fried rice with a topping of oyster mushrooms. I did coca cola chicken thighs with braised carrots and roast asparagus.
    m4g967codlv4.jpeg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Broiled mackerel, roasted yam, roasted broccoli, rice, and homemade ssamjang. It all came together pretty quickly all things considered.

8s0xcir6kgzs.jpg

• acpgee
    My turn to cook at my mom's house. Trying to use up the leftover groceries we bought for my previous cook which my mom would likely otherwise toss such as ready made pesto, linguine and streaky bacon because she mostly cooks Chinese. Soupe au pistou again, and linguine amatriciana. At least this time she didn't use Chinese pickled mustard leaf as a condiment on everything. She liked amatriciana better than carbonara. I think she was horrified at seeing raw egg yolks being tossed into carbonara.
    clky0ysaxe7k.jpeg
    ur8bfnuo5qfp.jpeg

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    My turn to cook at my mom's house. Trying to use up the leftover groceries we bought for my previous cook which my mom would likely otherwise toss such as ready made pesto, linguine and streaky bacon because she mostly cooks Chinese. Soupe au pistou again, and linguine amatriciana. At least this time she didn't use Chinese pickled mustard leaf as a condiment on everything. She liked amatriciana better than carbonara. I think she was horrified at seeing raw egg yolks being tossed into carbonara.
    clky0ysaxe7k.jpeg
    The Soupe au pistou looks good. Your mum is absolutely adorable @reactions to Italian cuisine.
  • acpgee
    The condiment my mom threw onto both linguine carbonara and soupe au pistou was this.
    https://pupswithchopsticks.com/chinese-olive-vegetable/
    It is a combination of mashed green olive and Chinese preserved mustard greens, so kind of a Chinese tapenade. I do have to admit that vegetable soup flavoured with a dollop tapenade would work pretty well as an alternative to soupe au pistou. Those strong commercial sauces are a good way to flavour soup when you don't have stock on hand.
  • Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepperat05lpjiw75u.jpeg
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Thick Cut Pork Chop with Salad
    shnharxppx3z.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Pot luck party at a friends.
    I made Spinach salad with sliced red onions, hard boiled eggs and pumpkin seeds & Fruit salad, watermelon balls, green grapes and strawberries.

There were so much good stuff! But I kept it under my limit and still got to enjoy everything. :)
  • ctmoore1982
    ctmoore1982 Posts: 586 Member
    Lemon pepper Tilapia with rice and chopped salad...
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    The condiment my mom threw onto both linguine carbonara and soupe au pistou was this.
    https://pupswithchopsticks.com/chinese-olive-vegetable/
    It is a combination of mashed green olive and Chinese preserved mustard greens, so kind of a Chinese tapenade. I do have to admit that vegetable soup flavoured with a dollop tapenade would work pretty well as an alternative to soupe au pistou. Those strong commercial sauces are a good way to flavour soup when you don't have stock on hand.

Yeah I meant to say when you first posted about her adding that, it honestly sounds like it would be a great addition.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Pork medallion Marsala over whipped cauliflower mash and a side of green beans.

u2g3hwzrljej.jpg
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    Orange and Tomato Simmered Chicken from Cooking Light. Made with Cauliflower Rice instead of couscous as the recipe called for. Love the fennel but a little bland...400 calories for a lot of food though kind of makes up for it.
  • Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    Egg roll bowl lgjjh6bd4lyp.jpeg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Last night I made Sheet pan Salmon, green beans and radish for dinner.

Kids had a side of rice, I just had it as is with AVC vinaigrette.
  • Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    Steamed broccoli with pink Himalayan salt and homemade aioli. OK, OK, the aioli was storebought but it WAS homemade 🙈
  • voncovenhoven
    voncovenhoven Posts: 25 Member
    kwacw5t83su7.jpeg
    ado6749qzho8.jpeg
    Sorry ate most of the burger. Seasoned with Lowery’s mesquite seasoning and topped with blue. Cheese. It was a bit dry so I added some avacado. The poppers were my carbs and no I didn’t eat them all just 4