Options
    dak205 wrote: »
    What does this red button do?

Press it and let us know :D

Did you hear that?

I did.. sounds like the same sound when you make me pull your finger 😂🤣

😂😂 Funny, I did not see that response coming.

I'm full of surprises 😂

Clearly 😄
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Naps

yes! with my dogs
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.

Lots and lots of retinoids and moisturizers. I'm ready for botox.

How much exactly is "a lot"?

@CanesGalactica
    RX strength every 2-3 days or so. I definitely don't use it daily. OTC retinols I use as needed for whatever spot treatment I need whether its acne, hyper pigmentation or I happen to notice my brow lines are deeper than usual from squinting in the sun. My skin care routine is pretty crazy (my OCD goes into overdrive on this subject). I'm 46 and I feel that I'm aging pretty well.

Retinols take time to work. Usually you can see minor results within 4-6 wks. I'm a big believer in sun block, vitamin C and hydration serums. These things won't make the lines, wrinkles or marks go away permenantly but they can reduce visibility, keep them from getting deeper and help prevent the formation of new ones. I personally cannot smile without

Also, I hugged your post since someone was mean enough to woo you.

Pfft, whatever, they'll be disappearing soon anyway. :D

I use Tretinoin (Retin-A). I wasn't even aware there were OTC retinols. Unfortunately, I have to use this stuff for cystic acne, so I have to use it every single day. I took a break from it (because I forgot I had it), but my acne chose to remind me, :D.

I'll give some of these options a try. :)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Trying to determine what the best food to take backpacking this weekend would be. I am looking at mountain house and oatmeal.

there’s this stuff i discovered called moose goo that’s really good for backpacking, like quick energy meal

i think it’s peanut butter, honey and banana and a lil vanilla

amateurs smh
    http://www.ultralightbackpacker.com/moosegoo.html
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Sea strawberries.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

Are they like red herrings?
  • TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I feel a mix of things being pretty much lone ranger in life. I had a crap workout but did it because i'm fat and well thats what must happen. I feel so unhappy about things deeply and thinking of my job I worked to get for 5 years Im already kinda meh about but love the benefit of a nice size gym for free. Work and workout is all I do. I never thought my life would be this way at 33 I so thought maybe once I"m older people will have more depth and I would be able to mingle. Not so. I also have this real deep thought I have never had a chance to dream to decide what makes me happy only things I have done is what is expected or thought would make me more valuable to others but none of that has made anything.

I also want to go do something fun soon but being a real homebody who doesn't do nature as Texas is hot, its 102 today maybe a museum or something will be a nice change up and at least see people.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Food
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

It's an ocean fruit growing off a seaweed near the coral reef, which actually tastes like a cross between a slightly salty sweet strawberry.

lezazn6913mz.png photo: Saveur
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

It's an ocean fruit growing off a seaweed near the coral reef, which actually tastes like a cross between a slightly salty sweet strawberry.

Darn. Makes the nursery rhyme obsolete. Very interesting though!
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

Looks like painted ninja turtle toes
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

It's what islanders rely on for protein, electrolytes & energy when out fishing or diving for octopus, lobsters, crabs etc.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

What’s with you and the ninja turtles?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

It's what islanders rely on for protein, electrolytes & energy when out fishing or diving for octopus, lobsters, crabs etc.

They eat them while they work? Do they harvest and eat them on the spot? No processing involved?
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

What’s with you and the ninja turtles?

80's kid?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Not what.. who :p
  • 777Gemma888
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

They eat them while they work? Do they harvest and eat them on the spot? No processing involved?

A pairing knife or hunting knife would be needed. One would need to peel off the exterior flesh akin to a cactus pear, only that it doesn't have needles.

Usually, the one minding the boat can forage or if your beaches have them growing along the coastline, they'd pick them and prep them. It's usually eaten whilst waiting for fish to cook over the fire. On the boat, between dives, it's eaten whenever someone needs to really.

Eta: much like cactus pears, they're only available for 2-3 weeks a year. Goose barnacles are more readily available year round ( use of a lighter to heat up the shell for a few seconds) makes them easy to swallow with baked cassava.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

:laugh: You're better than me about it George. I always thought they resembled oink trotters.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Sea strawberries.

You have never eaten turtle meat have you? Before the ban that is? Turtle toes look NOTHING like them. :laugh: My sister called them, "Oink trotter fruit."