Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just agreed to do a mud run in 2 weeks. 40+ cool body don't fail me now!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Starting to add uphill trail hikes to my cycling as the next phase of recovery. So far, so good. Getting some cardio benefits from climbing without any real soreness, as well as enjoying some beautiful scenery.

On Saturday, I had quite a few laughs as the van driver and team sherpa for 6 women in my training group. They ran in the innaugural RiMaConn relay, a 95 mile race starting near Providence, RI continuing into Mass, then finishing in Hartford, Ct. The race is run mostly on the Greenway, a dirt/gravel trail through scenic countryside.

Next year, the plan is to split our informal training group into a men's team and a women's team for a bit of friendly competition. I"m fairly sure this will happen, since the trash talking has already begun. :)

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,677 Member
    Options
    Gotta figure out this whole combining cardio with weights in a single workout thing. My wife has been nagging at me to do both cardio as well as my preferred weight training. Finally agreed, so added a 20 minute HIIT stationary bike ride before I lift.

While I feel fine after the ride and have pre-emptively adjusted leg weights down a tad just in case my legs are fatigued (I do full-body each workout), I am totally running out of juice by the time I'm halfway through my usual lifting routine and have to quit. Fortunately I already front-load the big 3 (legs, chest, back) to the start of my routine and so am only missing out on the small 3 (shoulders, arms, rotator cuffs) I still miss doing them, lol.

Hitting the gym more days per week is an option only some weeks when I work days; weeks I do graveyard shifts, I'm lucky to keep hitting twice per week. But that may change here soon if I get approved to move up from shift work to day staff, then I'll have nothing but days and can shift my sleep schedule slightly to hit the gym every morning before work, won't that be nice?
  • jayemes
    Options
    @nossmf what about doing the cardio after the weights? How many days are you at the gym? How long have you been doing the bike before weights? Maybe you just need a week or two to adjust?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Gotta figure out this whole combining cardio with weights in a single workout thing. My wife has been nagging at me to do both cardio as well as my preferred weight training. Finally agreed, so added a 20 minute HIIT stationary bike ride before I lift.

I would try lifting first and finish with the cardio. I usually lift first and then do 20 minutes pushing a weighted sled or something similar. I'm gassed when I am done. I could not lift nearly as much if I did the cardio first.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEG DAY!!!
    "LIIFT4 Week 2 Day 4: Legs – HIIT"=Done! with the VEST!!! then..."Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Legs"=Done! Vest, Bands and Sandbags! BOOYAH!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    ...I am just reading along...another busy week of closings. I did manage a cardio workout on Monday. Have to skip my workout today, and hoping to squeeze in a weight-lifting workout on Friday.

Saturday we head out early to move teenage son to the dorms as he begins first year university. And on Sunday, teenage daughter returns home from her summer job (across the country). They won't see each other - which seems weird, but also probably for the best since HIGH-STRESS is everywhere right now.

Love to you all.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day kids....Gam3rguy, my legs hurt reading your workout (lol). My new name is SQUAT SQUAT and more SQUAT as that was mostly my program today along with the sled for a burst of cardio.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I lifted last night like I was supposed to...so boring...even watching Aquaman during the lifting was not suitably distracting...it really should have been...

Looking forward to September and doing Brazil Butt Lift next month...I need something different!!!
  • jayemes
    Options
    Strength class tonight. Lots of overhead/shoulder stuff. Hopefully I won't need anything on a high shelf tomorrow
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on getting fit for a Tough Mudder event in my area in 2020. Focus has been on eating healthy and more specifically, about 1200 calories per day. I'm slowly building on exercise for endurance and a little weight training for muscle tone. It's all about aging gracefully amirite? lol
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Wasssuuuuuuuup

43 here
  • warukimedesu
    warukimedesu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 but still in denial...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • jayemes
    Options
    @giantrobot_powerlifting Impressive! Good luck this weekend
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    @giantrobot_powerlifting Impressive! Good luck this weekend
    Hey thanks!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids hope all of you are well. @giantrobot_powerlifting Knock em dead this weekend. My varied deadlifts are done and I am forever grateful for the soreness (sarcasm of course..lol). Have a great day kids.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Hey kids hope all of you are well. @giantrobot_powerlifting Knock em dead this weekend. My varied deadlifts are done and I am forever grateful for the soreness (sarcasm of course..lol). Have a great day kids.
    Thank you! Appreciate it. Have a great day too.