What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    @acpgee cool I’ll have to see if I can find it pickled here at one of the markets.
    I just julienne cut it and then added the Japanese sesame dressing to it. We had tried a sample at the market and that is how they made it.

37fu5ao8cgyd.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Squishy_H wrote: »
    @acpgee cool I’ll have to see if I can find it pickled here at one of the markets.
    I just julienne cut it and then added the Japanese sesame dressing to it. We had tried a sample at the market and that is how they made it.

I pick it up at my Asian supermarket in the Japanese section. The package looks like this.
    https://www.souschef.co.uk/products/pickled-daikon-taro?variant=16899139207226&currency=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAjwtajrBRBVEiwA8w2Q8KV-Dcu2W-xjK4Jwv4qEJvoH9R2pTc1r2eR523ju5Nkhsj4K6WanERoC53kQAvD_BwE
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    I cut up 3 oz chopped beef round steak and browned it in small pan in a little olive oil, I added 4 oz frozen mixed vegetables and maybe a half tablespoon dried onion. I mixed together about a tablespoon of chili sauce (bottom of jar), tablespoon of ketchup, 2 tsps worcestershire sauce and about a half cup of diet Pepsi [these are pared down ingredients for a cola chicken recipe I have except the chili sauce]. I just shook them together in chili jar and added mixture to pan and let it simmer until veggies tender. It was delicious.
  • acpgee
    Dinner with a visiting old friend at my place. Charred miso/mirin dressed aubergine, Vietnamese garlic butter noodles with prawns plus a few ribs for one diner who can't digest shellfish, stir fried okra with Chinese olive vegetable paste, homemade pina colada sorbet garnished with fine slivers of kaffir lime leaf, toasted coconut and a homemade coconut macaroon.
    d29rl8ab9r90.jpeg
    7qs3qo1a25dt.jpeg
    s66dun3hd2l2.jpeg

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Turkey burger and tater tots..
  • acpgee
    Grilled baby gem with feta and balsamic drizzle, penne alla vodka with a side of courgette sauteed with tapenade.
    zqu2cuxxp6a9.jpeg
    j22rv0ahs64g.jpeg

• acpgee
    Ma po tofu, garlic sauteed frozen peas and edamame, overcooked roast broccoli, rice.
    tfw5czn6ldtx.jpeg
  • fitbritt128
    fitbritt128 Posts: 35 Member
    fkzlgqfyexm5.jpeg

Portabella burger topped with grilled peaches and guacamole served with a side of sweet potato rounds. 🍔
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    A not a unique except to me breakfast: 1 oz spinach leaves, 1 oz diced ham, 1 oz green & red pepper, 1 oz purple onion*, 1 large egg salt and pepper. Briefly sautee veggies add scrambled egg cook till done, top with small amount of reduced sugar ketchup, serve with one slice of wheat bread and country crock spread. Hmmm!
    *picked from supermarket salad bar.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Zucchini Lasagna aib6mvizwbnd.jpeg

Would you have a recipe? 😋😋😋😋😋
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    0osjgmbqz88c.jpg

Vegetarian tagine from Joan Nathan's cookbook King Solomon's Table: A Culinary Exploration of Jewish Cooking from Around the World on top of this very involved couscous recipe from Bon Appetit. That picture was taken before the addition of salt, pepper, and ground sumac. The tagine has potato, sweet potato, onion, carrots, bell pepper, tomato, zucchini, and eggplant (aubergine) it - all of which were bought at farmers market (most from one of my favorite farms there) on Saturday.

The couscous is totally worth the effort. Save for halving the recipe, the only thing I changed was using what is likely instant couscous and not adding the brown butter. I almost went to the Lebanese grocery store near my house to see if I could find hand rolled couscous (or whatever the opposite of instant couscous is) but decided that it wasn't worth the effort after some googling. I also steamed the couscous four times due to some timing issues - totally worth it. It is absurdly good - and it's not even like it's difficult, it's just not fast.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Skillet steak and curried cauliflower
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Ribs and pulled pork also corn on the cob.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Caesar salad. Grilled ribeyes with sauteed mushrooms and a baked potato. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.
  • Pannduh
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Zucchini Lasagna

Would you have a recipe? 😋😋😋😋😋

i use this recipe but I just cut the zucchini into coins when I make it in the ramikens :)
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-lasagna/
  • Pannduh
    Breakfast: egg scrambled with cottage cheese, spinach and green onion. With bacon and toast. 8z85hv0gv3w6.jpeg

Dinner: Jalapeño popper stuffed chicken with asparagus. wahdvnug0qkt.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Breakfast was salade aux gesiers confit with a few slices of homemade duck prosciutto and croutons. Will have some fruit and yoghurt for dessert. Trying to remember why we have homemade brown bread croutons in the cupboard. Croutons are normally a by product of making english summer pudding where the crusts of white bread slices get trimmed off. I guess we must have had a stale brown loaf at some point and turned it into croutons.

6grgovj0pv49.jpeg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I made caramelized onion in crockpot. (Sliced onions in the crock for 10hrs) I portion bagged it for later use.
    Also made egg bakes with farm eggs from a friends farm and apple crisp! Everything was easy but turned out so good :)xby4f1osbdeg.jpg
  • mrsstoll2016
    mrsstoll2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Chicken Ceasar Salad
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I'm making digaag qumbe at the moment. It's a Somali chicken, coconut, and yogurt stew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5RXl3AZh-Y