Options

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I'm thinking that I've had too much wine and I should definitely not text that person but I kinda want to but also I kinda don't want to. Can someone please take my phone off me?

you're gonna do it anyhow might as well go all in. make sure you apologize tomorrow though.

Or you can send a preimptive apology before - then wait like an HR and send it-- what I always do

i usually just try to vanish for several hours at a time mid conversation then pop up later like nothing happened
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Just post it here and we'll tell you if it's a good idea or not.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that I've had too much wine and I should definitely not text that person but I kinda want to but also I kinda don't want to. Can someone please take my phone off me?

you're gonna do it anyhow might as well go all in. make sure you apologize tomorrow though.

Or you can send a preimptive apology before - then wait like an HR and send it-- what I always do

i usually just try to vanish for several hours at a time mid conversation then pop up later like nothing happened

I DO THIS!😂
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Guys I had some water and a snack and I can see this text is not a good idea. Like there's a part of my brain that's saying "Georgina quit being ridiculous" and it sounds kinda authorative so I think I should listen to it 🤷‍♀️
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

Yeah I woulda 100% just texted it

I have, what's it called, tho?

Diarrhea of the mind? Something like that.

What a thing to say.

it's easy for us guys though. all we gotta do is send a strategically timed "hey" or like a waving emoji or a meme or a song with the ol reliable "hey this reminded me of u" and then not respond for a few days

Why do guys do this, really?

I tend to ignore most texts because of crap like this unless it's work/volunteer related.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

What a thing to say.

it's easy for us guys though. all we gotta do is send a strategically timed "hey" or like a waving emoji or a meme or a song with the ol reliable "hey this reminded me of u" and then not respond for a few days

I tend to ignore most texts because of crap like this unless it's work/volunteer related.

I know you didn't ask me but IMO guys get away with it because some girls (read some, not all) are so desperate for attention they allow it to happen and convince themselves it's normal.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Guys I had some water and a snack and I can see this text is not a good idea. Like there's a part of my brain that's saying "Georgina quit being ridiculous" and it sounds kinda authorative so I think I should listen to it 🤷‍♀️

Ahh.. damn perspective .. takes the fun out of everything
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

What a thing to say.

I know you didn't ask me but IMO guys get away with it because some girls (read some, not all) are so desperate for attention they allow it to happen and convince themselves it's normal.

Nah, anyone can answer that actually knows. This is something about texting "etiquette" that both fascinates and vexes me. I'm not texting you to pass time. I'm texting because I want to talk to you and care enough to frustrate myself with tiny phone keyboard that makes me want to throw my phone across the room.
  • ghudson92
    Options

Ahh.. damn perspective .. takes the fun out of everything

Lol I am going back out shortly so may need to just leave my phone at home tbh
  • iMago
    Options

What a thing to say.

well whoever cares the least wins.

and that may be kinda toxic idk, but what good is a relationship without any toxicity. it's like an unseasoned steak, like yeah you'll prob end up eating it but do you even want it
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

You can always tipsy post on mfp instead
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

i approve
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

What a thing to say.

and that may be kinda toxic idk, but what good is a relationship without any toxicity. it's like an unseasoned steak, like yeah you'll prob end up eating it but do you even want it

Relationships with people are weird, man. Beginning to see why I have no friends IRL. :laugh:

I'm convinced there's this giant book of unwritten rules about maintaining human relationships that I just was never privy to at a younger age and now am just flailing around nearing middle-ish age not knowing what the *kitten* I am doing.

Books and cats. Those are two things that can always be your friend and never let you down. :heart:

Also wine.
  • iMago
    Options

What a thing to say.

Relationships with people are weird, man. Beginning to see why I have no friends IRL. :laugh:

I'm convinced there's this giant book of unwritten rules about maintaining human relationships that I just was never privy to at a younger age and now am just flailing around nearing middle-ish age not knowing what the *kitten* I am doing.

Books and cats. Those are two things that can always be your friend and never let you down. :heart:

Also wine.

i spent a lifetime in a library, man. you can learn a lot there. but you can't learn it all.
  • ghudson92
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

i approve

That's why I came here. You guys don't judge. My irl friends have so much stuff going on right now I don't want to bother them.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

What a thing to say.

Also wine.

Isn't books and cats the secret to sweet beatboxing? booksandcatsandbooksandcatsand....

Also wine...just saying, helps with loose lips
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

What a thing to say.

Also wine.

Isn't books and cats the secret to sweet beatboxing? booksandcatsandbooksandcatsand....

Every once in a while you throw out a gem like this - never change my man