Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :smiley:
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Reinventing Rhonda - Day 16
    * Two 1 mile walks today.
    * Zero fats today, but over sugar limit from sipping 7-up.

Tummy troubles that began late last week still haven't subsided entirely :/ I'm exhausted from running to the girls' room and all the excitement over car issues. Ahhhh, sweet slumber, I'm ready. Rather than getting walks in "when I can" :# I want my morning trajectory to include walking so its done regularly. :smiley:

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Rho (south of PDX)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Home tomorrow weather supposed to be good in UK Have to pack later (I hate packing but won't let DH do it)

Dreading getting on scale but looking forward to getting back in the groove

Kate UK <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies 💐💐💐!!!Im doing a poor job keeping up here.I didn’t sleep well again last night 😔.Today is hubbys birthday and I don’t have time to bake a cake.Tomorrow is running errands and yearly mammogram.Thursday is gs birthday.And of course,work.Oh,and we’re putting a bed in our office and a sleeper sofa in the back living room/gym plus rearranging closets.🤪🤪Oh what an adventure.Prayers,hugs,love❤️,and much gratitude for y’all!!
    Debby In Va
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    Irish Terri Thank you for sharing your goal setting strategies and comments, really needed to hear them. ConVERYgratulations on your successes! What does NLNS stand for?
    Machka your story and adaptability touch and inspire. Sounds like you may have found a way for your DH to help you organize and file, one kind of document at a time.
    Michele, I can't quite picuture the bra strap slipping out of hook problem.
    Lanette oh you mean I can stop using Joe's reluctance as my procrastination excuse? :noway: Guess I'll have to use Terri's strategy to say that by the end of this year I'd like to look back and see that my will, power of attorney, and papers were in order. "...Superwoman has left the building." LOL!
    Marianne in WV, sorry to hear of your back issues. Means you have to be extra dilligent on healthy food choices.
    Machka “... spatulas...” Laughing out loud, expecting my new skinny one to arrive tomorrow.
    Annie in DE, I like Barbie's strategy of setting goals that lead to improved health rather than numbers on a scale. It really helps when I'm disappointed in my weight.
    Rebecca (((hugs)))
    Kim hope something here can help: http://www.aging.ca.gov/Programs_and_Services/Medicare_Counseling/
    Karen in VA (((hugs)))
    Sharon that beach pic looks like paradise!
    Welcome CharlieAnn! Hope you get the ok soon “... to slowly build up my resistance to be able to walk without getting short of breath or heart palpatations “ Walking is good for so many things, calming emotions, joint lotion, bonus calories ;)
    Rho, your son's humor, inspiring!
    Ginny in OH “...lots of rules to follow that don't make sense.” true that!

Only thru pg 56, but time to snooze.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for September: grit
    Steps-1236=Sunday 2515=Monday (what's wrong with this picture) vits-14 log-16 CICO-13 Tumble-8 mfp-13 AF-8
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    ////
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Felicia Since I know you are lurking out there, could I just encourage you to pour your heart out here? That's what we are here for. You have offered so much wisdom & support for others on this thread. Now that you are clearly needing some love, if you would post what's going on we can do our best to lift you up.

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Ladies! <3

Barbara AHMOD - looks like you are an early riser this morning too. My eyes popped open at 3 am. Let's go over to Barbie's and wake her up. :D Super Medicare website you found for CA folks. B) I attended a retirement seminar a couple years before I actually did retire and it was time well spent. I stumbled across a nifty Medicare website yesterday: https://boomerbenefits.com/need-medicare-supplement/

Felicia
    - so glad to see you back here! Lots going on in your world. Hoping for the best for your DH; crossing fingers your son gets along fine at college. He'll find some folks with similar interests to hang out with. Sorry to hear about your MIL - thank you for that list, something to keep in mind. I'm with you on the refusing medical care when we get old, little hope of quality of life so why throw money at it. I think we've mentioned a Facebook page "Driving Miss Norma" who did exactly that and spent her final months having her kids drive her around the country on a great adventure rather than go through painful cancer treatment.

Machka - the photo of your rash looks and sounds EXACTLY like the allergic reaction I had all over my tummy a couple weeks ago. Exactly!

Kate
    - have a safe trip home! You'll need to rest up from your vacation by the sounds of it, lol.

Vicki - congrats on passing the motorcycle test!

Michele
    - great job on Sleepy and Happy. Do you have all of the 7 dwarfs done now? Isn't it terrific not to be heavily involved in the Newcomer's group anymore?

Karen in VA - that is good news about Josie; I know there's a ways to go. :/ Sorry to hear about her pain - hope that can be alleviated and she'll be back doing her ballerina thing soon. She is very wise! Love the "Modern Day Mona Lisa". Your grand kids are amazing.

NYKaren
    - I channeled you yesterday and made lentil soup (not red though). Good job taking care of you with all the stuff at work going on. <3

Allie
    - what is the "Eastern States Exposition"? Have a great time there! I admire your forge-ahead spirit going by yourself; you never know who you'll run into. B)

Rho
    - sorry your tummy troubles are continuing. Great job on the walks!

Yvonne - that "Love List" is a great idea - and you are right, anything written down is better than nothing and a person has to start somewhere.

OK, time to get the dog breakfast ready. I have a Master Gardener training class this morning - berries and small fruits. After that Aronia bush surprise, I think I have DH talked into putting in a couple blueberry plants. We should have done it years ago. Might get another Aronia bush too. Magically healthy fruit there.

Have a super day, ladies! <3

Lanette
    Rainy and windy SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - the photo of your rash looks and sounds EXACTLY like the allergic reaction I had all over my tummy a couple weeks ago. Exactly!

Lanette
    Rainy and windy SW WA State

They debated about allergies. I am allergic to penicillin and have had a reaction similar to that to penicillin, but I hadn't been around penicillin or mold or anything like that. I hadn't changed laundry soap or bought any new clothing or brought any new plants into the house or eaten anything different from usual. We went through lists of stuff that might have triggered an allergic reaction but nope.

I was sent for blood tests for one type of measles ... but for some reason, not the other (I didn't look sick enough).

The decision was that it was some sort of reaction to a virus ... or maybe measles.

Funny thing ...

When I first went into a walk-in Dr, I was wearing a long-sleeved top and a skirt to my knees. I walked into the Dr's office, she greeted me and asked what the problem was. I said, "I've got a little bit of a rash". She walked over and said, "all right, let's see" I pulled up my top and she took a giant step back and gasped!! She just stood there and stared for a minute.

The rash was from the top of my head to my feet (but not much of my face - just around the edge, and not much on the palms of my hands or soles of my feet). I could feel it on my scalp and yes, down below everywhere where you wouldn't really want a rash. Until I got the heavy duty antihistamines and painkillers I could only stand ... the rest of me didn't want to touch anything.

A couple days later, when I went back into the walk-in because the rash was driving me insane, I saw a different Dr and the same thing happened. I said, "I've got a little bit of a rash" ... and the Dr nearly fled from the office with his jaw on the ground.

I did have to chuckle a little. I was so miserable, startling the Drs was the only thing I was chuckling about just then!

After the whole thing joined together into one big raised red blotch on me, it turned brownish so that I looked like I'd spent a week on a beach or something. Greatest tan ever!

M in Oz

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Felicia ... good to see you posting! You've had a lot going on.

I've been on a try new recipes kick again ... last night's was a bust and upset my stomach. "Keeper" rate is about 50/50!

My farmer friend gave me another bushel of tomatoes ... so making more Garden Fresh Tomato Soup.

Beth near Buffalo

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Machka - strange thing about these rashes.

My initial one, adhesive reaction where the drape was taped on my tummy, popped up 48 hours after the surgery. It's been 3 weeks and I still have the marks although they are fading. The skin is a little rough.

The second one all over my tummy -similar to what you had - showed its itchy self 6 days after the surgery, again in the morning (my surgery began at around 10 am). Pretty much followed where they washed me down with iodine. And I had since taken several showers and washed off any residue I saw there, but the skin remembered....

Normally, if I am reacting to something, it's a matter of minutes or hours, not days.

Karen in VA - any ideas what's up with these - what appear to be - delayed reactions?

Machka's reaction makes me wonder if she wasn't exposed to something days or weeks prior and the stress of the trip made it "bloom" - if it wasn't a virus.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's preventable. :/

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    3d0grm3n7gkx.jpeg
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA ~ Your granddaughter is very artistic. Love the way she was able to create the facial features. Thanks for continuing to let us know about your young friend’s progress. Sincerely hoping they can successfully cure her.

Felicia ~ Hugs! Know you are dealing with a lot and hope it all gets better for you and your family.

Kim ~ Living in a country where the elected officials choose to eliminate themselves from the health care worries they impose on the rest of us says a lot about the unfairness that abounds. That’s all I have to say and I am not being political.

Michele ~ Cute little figures! How tall are they?

Vicki ~ Congrats on getting your motorcycle license.

Yesterday, each of our grand children had to be picked up at school for feeling ill. I picked up my granddaughter and a bit later the other grandma picked up the grandson. Then we both arrived at the pediatrician’s office to get them looked at. Both had very bad strep throats.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - strange thing about these rashes.

My initial one, adhesive reaction where the drape was taped on my tummy, popped up 48 hours after the surgery. It's been 3 weeks and I still have the marks although they are fading. The skin is a little rough.

The second one all over my tummy -similar to what you had - showed its itchy self 6 days after the surgery, again in the morning (my surgery began at around 10 am). Pretty much followed where they washed me down with iodine. And I had since taken several showers and washed off any residue I saw there, but the skin remembered....

Normally, if I am reacting to something, it's a matter of minutes or hours, not days.

Karen in VA - any ideas what's up with these - what appear to be - delayed reactions?

Machka's reaction makes me wonder if she wasn't exposed to something days or weeks prior and the stress of the trip made it "bloom" - if it wasn't a virus.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's preventable. :/

Lanette

After all kinds of bloodwork, they were pretty sure mine was some sort of virus or measles. They discovered that I was in the age group to have only one of the two required vaccinations for measles. I checked with my mother and she confirmed I only had one vaccination. The fact that I had "followed" a woman with measles ... she had been in the airport where I was, she travelled by car to Shepparton, like I did ... she infected 3 others that they discovered later ...

We had just gone over to the mainland one weekend (3-4 day trip) and 14 days after we returned .... there it was!! I felt like I had a cold for a few days, then I was working on a project one evening, and kept feeling hotter and hotter. Finally I got up to use the toilet and happened to look at my abdomen ... and nearly fell off the toilet. My torso was covered in the rash. By the next morning, it was all of me.

The area we went to (Shepparton and surrounds) was the general area where we lived for a number of years so we were familiar with it, cycling on old familiar roads again, great to be back ...

The only thing I wondered about was that I had broken a tooth on the ride, and I wondered if it was some kind of infection. But they checked that too, and nope.

M in Oz