What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Cod with cheese and leek crust, baby corn, tenderstem, carrots and green beans
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    owukkggkvj6r.jpg

Cabbage Bacon Kielbasa Stir Fry

4 slices crispy cooked bacon
    [Equals about 2 tablespoons which I took from supermarket salad bar]
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    [I have Japanese]
    1 lb. kielbasa sausage
    [I used a Lite variety and 14 oz, I don't think 1 lb packages are sold]
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    [I used olive oil which is what I had]
    1 large sweet onion cut in half and then cut in thin crescents
    1 red bell pepper julienned
    1 head green cabbage cut in thin shreds
    [1 bag cole slaw mix. I try to minimize actual work in kitchen. It works in a lot of recipes and the julienned carrots add color a gives you an extra veggie]
    2 cloves minced garlic
    [1 teaspoon jarred pre minced]
    Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions
    Before starting cook bacon in oven or sauté pan. Place on paper towels and set aside.
    {Ignore this step if you raid salad bar as I did}
    Add sesame oil to wok and heat on high. Add kielbasa and cook until lightly browned. Add 1 tablespoon canola (olive) oil and heat on high until just smoking. Add onion and red pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring a couple of times. Add cabbage and cook additional 3-4 minutes stirring several times. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Adjust heat down a bit if needed. Crumble bacon over the top and salt & pepper to taste.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Chicken thighs and roast potatoes done in the air fryer. Asian tomato salad. Sauteed spinach. Red wine reduction with lingonberry preserve.
    vjlwsgq7zrx7.jpeg
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Pigs in blankets. One of my favorite camping meals.
  • CharlieAnn31
    CharlieAnn31 Posts: 45 Member
    Chili
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Totally made some Hamburger Helper for the first time in years today. Huge side of broccoli to compensate.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Had family over for Sunday brunch: Egg salad (Eggs and Celery), Tuna salad (Canned tuna with Pickles) , Green salad with Bagels.
    Sunday dinner with friends: Filet mignonette, Burgers on Kaiser roll, Salad, Slaw, Baked pasta with broccoli. I indulged it with some Merlot.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Sous Vide eye of round, roasted fingerling potatoes with goat cheese, roasted broccoli.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Not a meal but I baked my own chocolate brownies with icing and chocolate shavings on top. It was my first time doing it and I think they turned out pretty good!
    zhbsjj0ld98u.jpeg
    ntk10en9hjsp.jpeg

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    @just_Tomek I know! I ate all day :p

Monday dinner: Burrito! Cheese, Refried beans, Salsa chicken, lettuce and avocados- We chowed it down. Yum
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Shrimp tacos with green peppers, cilantro/greek yogurt sauce, and homemade pico. Was delicious and I'm soooo looking forward to leftovers tonight!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    widgit808 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Vegan beef less beef tripe soup.

@just_Tomek How did you make this? I would think tripes texture and flavor would be hard to replicate

Actually surprisingly not at all thanx to the oyster mushrooms. Basically spice it up as you normally would, slice oyster mushrooms in half length wise, saute a bit with onions and shredded carrots, cover with veggie stock and cook for around 30min simmering for the flavours to develop.

If you want the exact recipe let me know.

But do know that nothing beats real tripe soup and this is just good enough for vegans. Just like plant based burgers. Not the real thing but good enoug

@just_Tomek Very interesting! I can see how the oyster mushroom would work. Brilliant!
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Love the Green Giant frozen riced cauliflower, made a favorite last night. Sautéed shrimp in small amount olive oil, added riced cauliflower and slightly ‘browned’, added two eggs to scramble, teriyaki sauce, diced tomotoes and baby pea pods. Feeds husband and myself and is so delicious and filling. Sometimes I used chicken instead of shrimp.
  • acpgee
    Nam prik ong from NE Thailand is a great meal for getting lots of veg. Essentially a spicy Sloppy Joe sauce for dipping raw veg into.
    kww923wwh2ip.jpg
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited September 2019
    Cooking ...... right now in the oven.
    Somethin' my Aunt shared called "Melt in Your Mouth Chicken" (I guess we'll see)
    1 cup of Mayo
    ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp Garlic Powder
    1½ tsp of Seasoning Salt (I used Mrs. Dash)
    ½ tsp of Pepper

Spread the mixture over your chicken breasts and toss in the over for 45 min's at 375
    °

k65ntrghyjfz.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Somethin' my Aunt shared called "Melt in Your Mouth Chicken" (I guess we'll see)
    1 cup of Mayo
    ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp Garlic Powder
    ½ tsp of Pepper

Spread the mixture over your chicken breasts and toss in the over for 45 min's at 375
    °

That’s a dish I used to cook some years ago - can’t remember where it came from but we knew it as Parmesan Chicken. The 4 kids (all in their teens) loved it, but after a while my husband admitted he wasn’t as keen so it fell out of popularity.
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    1 cup of Mayo
    ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp Garlic Powder
    ½ tsp of Pepper

°

That’s a dish I used to cook some years ago - can’t remember where it came from but we knew it as Parmesan Chicken. The 4 kids (all in their teens) loved it, but after a while my husband admitted he wasn’t as keen so it fell out of popularity.

@BarbaraHelen2013 That's so neat. My Aunt said she saw it on FB. It was good. It was a lil weird right at 1st just cause it was different, but I really liked it. Might have to spice it up w/some cayenne though.
    Like your hubby, my mom wasn't really a big fan either.
    It's gonna' be a keeper around here though.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Slow cooker chicken cacciatore. Served over veggie pasta. Transitioning from summerstyle "grill-and-salads" entrees.

Boneless/skinless thighs, green pepper, red onion, fresh sliced mushrooms, no-salt canned crushed tomatoes/tomato sauce, herbs and flavorings. Pretty simple.

6oo5kzrc6mwp.jpg

• acpgee
    Not really a meal, but an experiment because we've got vegetarian houseguests next week. My first seitan stir fry doesn't taste like meat, but sure looks the part. Tastes okay and I like the texture.
    8xmr98vrsyg1.jpeg

• acpgee
    Snack of dutch bitterballen warmed up in the air fryer from the freezer. These are croquettes made of beef stew, traditionally deep fried from a congealed state and eaten as a bar snack with mustard. I hack the recipe by using tinned stew thickened with extra roux and an envelope of gelatine. I also don't make them in the traditional golf ball shape because cutting a trayful of cubes is quicker.
    ltk3bac1oqm5.jpg