The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi All...nice to hear from others. :)

I'm attending a Gender Reveal Party this evening. I should say I'm "forcing myself" to attend. It's for my friend's daughter and there may be an interesting dynamic of people. I'll see and share if it is share-worthy.

Have a great evening!!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Nice Lorraine ❤️
  • OtisBuck
    OtisBuck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank You for the Monday pep talk!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see all the action here

WELCOME to the new faces <3

@Orphia Great to hear from you again and it IS "lovely not to drink" Thanks for the reminder to check my quit drinking app...haven't for some time now.

@lloydrt So sad that you were so mistreated as a wee child. Alcohol and abuse seem to go hand in hand quite often, and is usually passed on through generations, but you've stopped the cycle and that is something to be proud of. Chocolate AND ice cream are now my weaknesses to replace alcohol too, but I'm trying to nip that.

@IWillTakeBackMyLife All I can say is Ditto to Jen's comment and you should be proud of yourself for taking control at such a young age and showing such maturity in that choice. It's definitely a matter of changing our thinking which affects improving our choices and then THAT will be reflected in a much more positive life.

@JenT304 I'm going to try to remember that saying "Sobriety delivers what alcohol promises" SO true

I watched a show on Netflix called Intervention last eve and the first episode was about a woman who had a severe case of alcoholism and after finally being convinced by the pleas of her loved ones she completed 2 months in a rehab center and was interviewed sober and what a difference and then just before it ended there were some updates about her moving back in with her husband and children and then the last sentence was "Janet says she drinks occasionally" I was SO disappointed for her and her family cause the writing is on the wall unless she comes to her senses, but that is the reality of our drinking brain. It wants us to trick us into believing that we don't "really" have a problem when we REALLY do...

Let's not allow ourselves to get tricked!!!