October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @rheddmobile and @7lenny7 Good luck on your races this weekend! Can't imagine being on the go for 12 or 24 hours!

Good luck to you too, @martaindale ! Hope you can figure out the clothing. I would think the sudden drop would require you to dress warmer than you normally would after your body has gotten used to the lower temperatures. But, maybe that is just if you were going to be taking a stroll. :wink:

Oh my @katarmonic! Glad you decided to go to urgent care. That sounds scary. Wonder if it was a spice that they put on the blackened tuna or something else on the sandwich? I guess you can be allergic to a spice. Can't you? Come to think of it, I don't know that I know of anyone who is. Closest thing is that I know someone who is allergic to garlic. I had to stop eating Alfredo at one of my favorite Italian Restaurants because something they started putting in it upset my system. I wasn't allergic, but about 5 minutes after finishing the meal, I was looking for the bathroom. It happened twice, so I knew that's what it was. Weird. Anyway, hope you get it figured out soon.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Great tips @7lenny7 !
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @rheddmobile and @7lenny7 Good luck on your races this weekend! Can't imagine being on the go for 12 or 24 hours!

Good luck to you too, @martaindale ! Hope you can figure out the clothing. I would think the sudden drop would require you to dress warmer than you normally would after your body has gotten used to the lower temperatures. But, maybe that is just if you were going to be taking a stroll. :wink:

Oh my @katarmonic! Glad you decided to go to urgent care. That sounds scary. Wonder if it was a spice that they put on the blackened tuna or something else on the sandwich? I guess you can be allergic to a spice. Can't you? Come to think of it, I don't know that I know of anyone who is. Closest thing is that I know someone who is allergic to garlic. I had to stop eating Alfredo at one of my favorite Italian Restaurants because something they started putting in it upset my system. I wasn't allergic, but about 5 minutes after finishing the meal, I was looking for the bathroom. It happened twice, so I knew that's what it was. Weird. Anyway, hope you get it figured out soon.

Yes, you can be allergic to a spice or literally anything. I can not have wheat, garlic, onions, honeydew melons, and so on.

My guess is it was something in the tuna sandwich, but I would only take the next iron pill when you are near help just in case.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

You got this!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic wow! Horrible. Had you had the tuna within 30 -45 min of the reaction? I wonder if the fish was contaminated with shellfish, or if the iron sup was. If I'd been longer than 30-40 min, like 12 hours since the iron, I'd suspect it. Sometimes those binders allow things to get further in your system and delays a reaction.

I hope you find out what it was before it happens again.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I would love to do that fun race with you today! Wish I could! Have a great time and can't wait to hear how it goes.

Also just amazing on the Kipchoge record. I would love to do a half in that time.

@elise4270 yes, the reaction started while I was eating the tuna. I would almost say I was feeling bad before even eating but now the timeline is blurry to me. I'm still suspecting the supplement more but the timing makes it hard to guess.

Congrats @rheddmobile! You are an ultra runner! One of the marathons (Route 66 maybe? - yes, just checked) is billed as having an option for the world's shortest ultramarathon that's an extra .3 miles. So you totally surpassed that bar :)

This morning is beautiful, although it may rain later, and tomorrow looks picture perfect for the local marathon/half/10k. I'm not registered but will probably run a small portion of it with a friend doing the marathon to encourage her (I won't say pace her, she's a little faster than me in general, I'm hoping I can keep up with her towards the end of a marathon).
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent That does sound like a fun race! Enjoy. Shoot. Just saw that you aren't going to be able to do this race. So sorry.

Great job, @rheddmobile ! Hope everything stops hurting soon!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    When do you change your clothes to winter gear? I hear, run as it's 20 degrees warmer than it really is. For me, I still run in shorts and t-shirt down to 40 degrees.... under that I start t bundle up.