Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    19osuy22w5mi.jpg
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    19osuy22w5mi.jpg

Every 10 years I get a craving for one and buy a bag and eat...one.

Then I'm good for another decade.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    19osuy22w5mi.jpg

yes...a kid thing I think. I use to love these, and then had one a few years ago. One was enough that is for sure...
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems

I actually prefer canned cranberry sauce haha

so does many members in my family...hence it always makes it's appearance on the table every holiday season...along with some homemade stuff too...
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Candy corn and circus peanuts are disgusting to me.

On the other hand, I don't mind the canned cranberry sauce, but when I finally discovered not just how delicious but also how easy to make fresh cranberry sauce is, I never looked back.
  • pancakerunner
    fe1uhyiady4p.jpg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    ^^ Jellybeans.

Are they polarising?
    I wouldn't eat them all day long but I don't mind some now and then.
    I never thought of them as a love or hate them thing.
  • pancakerunner
    ^^ Jellybeans.

Are they polarising?

When it comes to jelly beans, it's these vs. Jelly Belly. So yes, I'd say they are polarizing
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    fe1uhyiady4p.jpg

I HATE jelly beans, yuck! Always have. I just don't understand the appeal at all.
    19osuy22w5mi.jpg

I've always seen these and wondered what they taste like. Are they peanut buttery?
  • PAPYRUS3
    ^^ Jellybeans.

Are they polarising?

When it comes to jelly beans, it's these vs. Jelly Belly. So yes, I'd say they are polarizing

I agree...these jelly beans taste like granulated sugar bombs...Jelly Belly is a different story though - I like them!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I never saw the appeal in jelly beans, until I taste buttered popcorn and toasted marshmallow. I can’t eat real popcorn. I take these 2 flavors to the movies so when I smell everyone’s heavenly smelling popcorn, I can have the next-best thing.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited October 2019

I've always seen these and wondered what they taste like. Are they peanut buttery?

No peanut butter. More like candy corn. Maybe a cross between candy corn and a marshmallow?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    I haven't tasted candy corn, its not a thing in Australia - but jelly beans are not peanut buttery, they are a variety of flavours, the black ones are aniseedy, the others fairly nondescript.
    Although you can get more expensive ones like jelly belly which are more flavoured.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member

No peanut butter. More like candy corn. Maybe a cross between candy corn and a marshmallow?

In theory, classic circus peanuts (the candy) are flavored with artificial banana flavor. Occasionally, other flavors, but artificial banana is standard.

No, it doesn't taste like banana. But that's what the artificial flavoring is, usually.
  • pancakerunner
    edited October 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

In theory, classic circus peanuts (the candy) are flavored with artificial banana flavor. Occasionally, other flavors, but artificial banana is standard.

No, it doesn't taste like banana. But that's what the artificial flavoring is, usually.

Yeah, banana flavored is the intention haha.

It's like Tootsie rolls are "orange chocolate" flavored
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    fe1uhyiady4p.jpg

I HATE jelly beans, yuck! Always have. I just don't understand the appeal at all.
    19osuy22w5mi.jpg

Nope - closest I can describe is if you squished cotton candy and ate it. Mild artificial banana flavor.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    My mother is a huge fan of both candy corn and circus peanuts. i can take or leave both - candy corn is okay, but not worth the calories or sugar.

Wish I could find a sugar free version of both, for mom - she's now diabetic and its a lot of work to get her to stick with a low sugar diet, but it helps when I can find sugar free or low sugar versions of some of her favorites.
  • Marisela170
    Marisela170 Posts: 48 Member
    I love them but I scrape off all the frosting otherwise it’s just way too sweet for me
  • PAPYRUS3
    I love them but I scrape off all the frosting otherwise it’s just way too sweet for me

What food are talking about?