October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @PastorVincent wishing you luck for your race on Saturday. I hope you enjoy it and have some good memories of your friend to spur you on for a good run.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    Thanks @7lenny7 and for now the HR report is just cool to look at. I spoke to a Sports Science undergrad whose class had looked at watches and I am very aware they are only indicative and I need to build a history for it to be any use. Good luck to your son on Thursday, here's hoping for a cleansheet!

Good luck on Saturday @PastorVincent

Congrats on reaching your October goal with time to spare @emmamcgarity and @rheddmobile as I am not quite the same. I took a 500 mile Q4 challenge (walking & running combined) and it looks as if I am already going to come up short in October.

Welcome @somum - doing 35-40 miles doesn't sound like you are out of practice and it would be good to see how you get on in your half.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,764 Member
    @7lenny7 awesome report. Awesome race. Awesome photos. I wanna run this (well maybe two or three loops, don’t know if I could handle five). Well done you and congrats on that new PB!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,541 Member
    It will be easy going down the hill to catch it up @Avidkeo and you know the wagon can't go further than the bottom so take the ride back up afterwards :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,820 Member
    Congratulations on your 50K PR @7lenny7 ! Well done! My only question is how did the guy in the tie and black pants stay so clean?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your 50K PR @7lenny7 ! Well done! My only question is how did the guy in the tie and black pants stay so clean?

That is a great question!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,526 Member
    Wow, great race report @7lenny7! That was a very tough, messy, but beautiful race. Glad you got your PR!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited October 2019
    Teresa502 wrote: »

my FIL is that way. he is always wearing khakis and a button down. i have no idea how he does it

great job @7lenny7
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    Awesome race and what a great entertaining race report @7lenny7! Loved the pictures (night sky ❤️ how I remember it as a kid not living in a city) and your kokopelli! Laughed at your descriptions of the food. I really think you need the 'I Run for Food' hat, shirt or both!
    I also wondered how the guy in the tie looked at the end of the race and how did he avoid the mud pit?