What's on your mind?

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited November 2019
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've found my favorite coffee creamer for good and of all places at Aldi.

photos we need photos

I'll take a pic when I get home...🤪

my two favorite coffee creamers are Natural Bliss hazelnut flavored from Nestle, and Bailey's non-alcoholic Irish Cream

This is the one. 😁

hmhayafaw3x1.jpg

I may have to try this

I bought 3 the other day because like everything I seem to find that I really like, either the vendor/store stops carrying them or they're a "seasonal" and then the company drops them.

I've been disappointed a few too many times with that in the past apparently....🤣🤣😂😂
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Some of the things that some of you say in the online dating thread makes it very clear why dating apps and dating general do not work for you.

😮
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Some of the things that some of you say in the online dating thread makes it very clear why dating apps and dating general do not work for you.

xj72q636xgj8.gif
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I'm pretty sure I've found my favorite coffee creamer for good and of all places at Aldi.

photos we need photos

my two favorite coffee creamers are Natural Bliss hazelnut flavored from Nestle, and Bailey's non-alcoholic Irish Cream

This is the one. 😁

hmhayafaw3x1.jpg

I may have to try this

I bought 3 the other day because like everything I seem to find that I really like, either the vendor/store stops carrying them or they're a "seasonal" and then the company drops them.

I've been disappointed a few too many times with that in the past apparently....🤣🤣😂😂

My friend told me they had apple cider donuts. To my disappointment, they didn't have any. I will try this creamer tho :)
  • cdubks88
    edited November 2019

photos we need photos

This is the one. 😁

hmhayafaw3x1.jpg

I may have to try this

My friend told me they had apple cider donuts. To my disappointment, they didn't have any. I will try this creamer tho :)

I wonder if it's maybe a store by store thing? I'm still waiting for them to bring the 0 carb bread they've got out in their stores in Europe......

https://www.thekitchn.com/aldi-keto-bread-zero-carb-22950116

😁
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    So... I have all this watermelon I scooped out of a melon to carve as a "pumpkin" for Halloween.. but, I don't like watermelon.. and I don't know what I can do with a bunch of watermelon guts. Any ideas?
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    So... I have all this watermelon I scooped out of a melon to carve as a "pumpkin" for Halloween.. but, I don't like watermelon.. and I don't know what I can do with a bunch of watermelon guts. Any ideas?

https://dreenaburton.com/2-ingredient-watermelon-gelato/

Could freeze it and put it in shakes too.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    ebywfeo7xmta.jpg

When your husband loves you enough to share his foot rest even though your recliner has one.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Social media bums most people out even if they don't realize it. We have a weird culture now. One I am not so much a fan of. I have friends posting on FB like their lives/relationships/kids are perfect when in reality they are a *kitten* show. And you know what? I love them even with a *kitten* show life. I don't know why they feel the need to pretend. It makes me sad. All the filters make me sad. When will who we REALLY are be good enough?
  • LiftingSpirits

photos we need photos

This is the one. 😁

hmhayafaw3x1.jpg

I may have to try this

This is probably a weird statement, but I find this with bras and underwear. As soon as I find something that fits well and I like I go back and there's something new out instead.
  • cdubks88

photos we need photos

This is the one. 😁

hmhayafaw3x1.jpg

I may have to try this

This is probably a weird statement, but I find this with bras and underwear. As soon as I find something that fits well and I like I go back and there's something new out instead.

Doesn't seem weird to me at all. I'm the same way with stuff I find.....slacks, etc. I know inevitably that they'll get replaced. I've had some slacks that were made from some amazing cotton blends and they were far cheaper than buying off the shelf Haggar or much more expensive brands.

I totally get that. 😊
  • LiftingSpirits
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Social media bums most people out even if they don't realize it. We have a weird culture now. One I am not so much a fan of. I have friends posting on FB like their lives/relationships/kids are perfect when in reality they are a *kitten* show. And you know what? I love them even with a *kitten* show life. I don't know why they feel the need to pretend. It makes me sad. All the filters make me sad. When will who we REALLY are be good enough?

100%.

Social media has been bumming me out for decades at this point. I barely go on FB now and the only reason I have an account still is because I have family there and they aren't going to use things like Skype or aren't going to text me (different generation). Most of what friends/family post isn't terrible, but it's a lot of dumb memes or *ugh* political stuff and I end up snoozing people for half a year because of it.

Honestly? It's the inability of people to open up and ADMIT that their life isn't all rainbows and sunshine and to be okay with that. Only curating and showcasing the highlights of your life like you're in some sort of *kitten* movie. And what's worse is that I have witnessed the shift. I've been on and around computers enough to witness how the culture went from starting drama and creating a *kitten* show of "unfortunate events" to this wholesome, Country Homes and Gardens type magazine front. And it's all just that: a facade. They aren't fooling anyone except themselves, but they feel they can't be anything else. To be otherwise is to incur judgment and spite from your peers.

It's just.. yeesh. On the one hand, there are a lot of cool things about living in society today. On the other? There are so many negatives that I kinda just want to pack up and go be a hermit in the woods until I die.

Absolutely. It is so weird because on one hand you have people saying "It's okay to not be okay" and encouraging mental health and all that YET you have people trying to hide from reality and putting on these masks.
    I don't go on FB much anymore because of it. I use it primarily to find out about events that I will likely never attend 🤣 But IG is the same way. How many people post the ugly stuff? Not many. The people who do are usually the type who find it impossible to find positive so they just get eye rolls anyway. I just wish people were more real. The fake ones make the real people feel incompetent or unworthy and that's so screwed up.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited November 2019

100%.

Social media has been bumming me out for decades at this point. I barely go on FB now and the only reason I have an account still is because I have family there and they aren't going to use things like Skype or aren't going to text me (different generation). Most of what friends/family post isn't terrible, but it's a lot of dumb memes or *ugh* political stuff and I end up snoozing people for half a year because of it.

Honestly? It's the inability of people to open up and ADMIT that their life isn't all rainbows and sunshine and to be okay with that. Only curating and showcasing the highlights of your life like you're in some sort of *kitten* movie. And what's worse is that I have witnessed the shift. I've been on and around computers enough to witness how the culture went from starting drama and creating a *kitten* show of "unfortunate events" to this wholesome, Country Homes and Gardens type magazine front. And it's all just that: a facade. They aren't fooling anyone except themselves, but they feel they can't be anything else. To be otherwise is to incur judgment and spite from your peers.

It's just.. yeesh. On the one hand, there are a lot of cool things about living in society today. On the other? There are so many negatives that I kinda just want to pack up and go be a hermit in the woods until I die.

Absolutely. It is so weird because on one hand you have people saying "It's okay to not be okay" and encouraging mental health and all that YET you have people trying to hide from reality and putting on these masks.
    I don't go on FB much anymore because of it. I use it primarily to find out about events that I will likely never attend 🤣 But IG is the same way. How many people post the ugly stuff? Not many. The people who do are usually the type who find it impossible to find positive so they just get eye rolls anyway. I just wish people were more real. The fake ones make the real people feel incompetent or unworthy and that's so screwed up.

i dont update my Facebook but i’m on there a lot bc of some work i do and theyre definitely pretty pics of unpretty lives

i thought on that a lot, but idk like maybe people are struggling and they see those accts as like a old school photo album of the things they want to remember, like ya, they had a *kitten* day and fought with their SO and got yelled at by their boss but this one good thing happened they are thankful for so they post that bc that’s what they want to remember, and it got nothing to do with looking good for their friends

if that’s true it’s kind of admirable to have a dumpster fire of a life going on in the background and focus on the pretty sunset kwim?

I used to read mommy blogs that were criticized for being too pretty and unrealistic but I loved them for focusing on the small, sweet things.

As usual I find my social media experience to be different from most people’s. I have around 20 Facebook friends, all of whom I know IRL, and all of whom I would call on their BS. It’s real AF.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

100%.

i dont update my Facebook but i’m on there a lot bc of some work i do and theyre definitely pretty pics of unpretty lives

i thought on that a lot, but idk like maybe people are struggling and they see those accts as like a old school photo album of the things they want to remember, like ya, they had a *kitten* day and fought with their SO and got yelled at by their boss but this one good thing happened they are thankful for so they post that bc that’s what they want to remember, and it got nothing to do with looking good for their friends

if that’s true it’s kind of admirable to have a dumpster fire of a life going on in the background and focus on the pretty sunset kwim?

I used to read mommy blogs that were criticized for being too pretty and unrealistic but I loved them for focusing on the small, sweet things.

As usual I find my social media experience to be different from most people’s. I have around 20 Facebook friends, all of whom I know IRL, and all of whom I would call on their BS. It’s real AF.

Realer than real-deal Evander Holyfield?

Nuthinz that realer.