WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Replies

• Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Good evening everyone!!
    Not a good night sleeping, up every 2 hrs. Finally got up at 8, which my phone said it was 9. So, I started the day. Granddaughter came here for the day as she had play practice and M&D&Sis were going to a city 1 1/2 hrs. away and wouldn't make it back in time. So I got to do it.
    Karen-Congrats on the baby.Is this the first grandchild?
    I had to read 4 pages to get caught up.
    M in Oz, I think every kid goes through this non-communication phase. My youngest is in CA and we never hear from him. He got very upset when I "forgot" his bd one year. I told him I wished him HB out loud just not to him. It was the hardest thing I've done. I explained that I didn't like being ignored, or his brothers. Still no word but can't do much. I just pray that the fires stay away from San Jose.
    Hoping I can sleep tonight.
    Have been doing ok with logging. I go for a walk in the morning after I wave hello to my GD, going to school.
    Bought strawberry rolls from WM today and they were not very tasty to me. Will give the rest out for others to enjoy. Maybe Tues. I'll go to gym for $2Tuesdays for seniors, better than $45/mo. when you can't afford it.
    Well, now that I wrote this LONG letter I will sign off.
    Have a great week everybody.
    Marianne-WV
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Baby so small cute!

Kim- I got sensitivity too from peri menopause I use Vaseline also for the irritation sometimes desitin if JRs creams close by the Vaseline isn’t! I also get the nerves crawling feelings which is unstoppable (last time ended after post menopause only).Dryness down there 👇 nothing helps that so you know what is painful 😖 like the scar tissue in the way isn’t bad enough.Vasaline stays the longest for me I trim my hair a little so I know the cream on the skin not hairs. TMI I know but medical care always is. I also have spasms in that area that aren’t fun like pulling a muscle out of the blue.

Amber Tx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    Hi Gals,

Flea – thanks for that info, the monistat is about $17 here and there was a $3 coupon on the web page….that is a do-able price.

Karen – congrats! Looks like your granddaughter is all ready trying out her voice.

Kim from N. California
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,584 Member
    Took mystery mushrooms to the festival for ID but they were either too old, or I hadn't dug down deep enough to be sure of id. Digging down deep enough to get the whole thing could prevent it from coming back next season. Danged if you do and danged if you don't. MIGHT be some edibles (oyster and matsutake), definitely some no-nos (amanitas). OK with me, don't really plan on eating any, just find them interesting. Some can even be used to dye fibre, who knew?

Good to hear from you Julie!
    Pip con VERY grats on your marathon! Wow!
    Kim keeping good thoughts for your sugar fast. Totally agree about the artificial sweeteners, even Stevia and Monkfruit. Back in the day we used full fat yoghurt with live cultures to balance vaginal ph...
    Karen in VA Lilliana Belle is belle indeed!
    Ginny in OH, your state's SHIP office can help you with Medicare decisions. https://insurance.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odi/about-us/divisions/consumer-services/medicare/answers-to-medicare-questions
    Part D for rx has penalties for late signup too, and they are permanent.

Could walk walk or dance or do something to burn off the 35 calories I'm over... but feeling a little punk. Headache, chilly, a little snuffly, think I'll take an aspirin and a Zicam to bed. Really don't want to miss BB&B tomorrow, also have walk with friend planned. Fingers Xd.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=3688 so far, vits=2.5 log=3 CI<CO=2, CI<250<CO=1 Tumble=2 mfp=2 AF=2
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Hi everyone, quite cold and wet here in York, we even had a ground frost a few days ago!

Had a lovely evening on Saturday, went to my friend Jean's house where we held a surprise birthday party for two of our friends Sally who is 50 on 5th November and Rachel who is is 53 on the same day. They were both delighted with their presents. Jean is a superb hostess and always goes the extra mile with the food. I was so stuffed I had to decline the apple crumble, - well I did have a small piece of her home made chocolate torte that was more than enough. Don't know how some of them could eat the crumble as well.

I feel less stressed now about the kitchen, it will be fine, nothing I can't get used to - as long as nothing else goes wrong ;) thanks for your thoughts on this.

Going to catch up on the posts now, then must pay a few bills online.

Love to all
    Viv UK
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    She's here!

Lilliana Belle

Congratulations to you and your family! Lilliana Belle is a beauty.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,449 Member
    She's here!

Lilliana Belle

Pretty name!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kelly YES! He's balking. That's the exact right word choice.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    KAREN Lilliana gorgeous

HEATHER creating lovely memories

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Karen - love the pic of all three of them!

KJ - Love that pic of Joaquin and Miguel! And yep, she's tired - 7 months pregnant, they just moved from North Carolina into on-base housing in Kansas, and she has a very active four-year-old and eight-year-old, as well as two large dogs, and is about to go back to full-time staff duty in the clinic. I do not envy her at this very moment in the slightest. Hope your knee/ankle are feeling better!

Stats, so I'll know whether I've made progress -

Yesterday:

Moved up to 12 pounds (from 10) free weights, four different lifts.
    Super-plies, 2 sets of 15 reps, four positions, holding 24 pounds.
    Leg machines: Abduction and adduction, 2 sets, 15 reps, 175 pounds.
    Glute machine, 2 sets each leg, 15 reps, 30 pounds.
    Arc Trainer - 10 minutes.

Today:
    30 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes forward, 10 minutes backward punching, 10 minutes forward stride. 12 minutes at peak heart rate, 18 mins cardio, 285 calories burned, 2802 steps.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,915 Member
    Rebecca - I understand how hurt you must be from not hearing from your son. I never went through the “ignore my parents phase”, I called home weekly and wrote letters to Mom all the years I lived away. My husband on the other hand never calls his parents, I call them and talk to them and he is willing to talk for a couple of minutes to his Mother if I hand him the phone but he hasn’t spoken to his father since 2016. I hope that resolves soon. I know it bothers his parents terribly and at first they tried to get me to force him, I finally said “I am his wife not his mother I can’t make him do anything”.

When my girls moved away from home I never heard from them until I got a cell and they could text me. They communicated through messenger and text, but I sure missed hearing their voices. Even now neither of them think of picking up a phone and calling they just send a text. If I see them call I know it’s urgent.

I hope your son takes the right attitude and tries to call or write a letter more frequently. In the meantime, I think Machka gave you some great ideas to help you. It was when the girls left I started scrapbooking and enjoying the crafts I had given up for years while raising them.

Kelly - I hope you get the zoning approved, how many children would that allow you to have?