WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Janetr... happy 70th birthday and wishes for a year filled with good health and good times. So sorry about the loss of your sister.

Beth... on worrying, I've been there and it's not fun....

KJ... picture of Joaquin and Miguel makes me smile.

Barbie... maybe our mom's were sisters. I believe she did the best she could but couldn't show love and affection. I'm lucky my Dad showed compassion and love. He died at 60 in 1981 and I'm grateful for his guidance in my life.

Pip... Sweet showing on your marathon. Wow placing 2nd in your age group. You rock.

I'm working on weight loss. October came and went and I gained two lbs. November and December I hope to lose or minimally not gain. I know I should be logging my food but I'm not. Feeling moody and can't quite catch up with the time change. Having issues with being more of a recluse than usual... must be Fall. I'm already looking forward to the days getting longer next month. I love so much about Fall but the shorter days bother me.

Betsy in NW WA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Janet and enjoy the concert, sounds like fun!

NYKAREN
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Happy 70th Janet!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday 🎁🎈

So far today 1/2 cup chili with a salad 🥗 made up of chicken,cheese, spinach Brunch
    Dinner unknown.......

Walking with JR in circles he’s able to count to 10 now so he’s counting loudly as he runs. Lol 😂 Now to get ABC without it being broke up .

Cleaning today was ahead I thought then realized I forgot to turn the dryer on

Amber Tx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Today is my 70th birthday but celebrated over the weekend as my daughters came and two of the granddaughters. We went to a craft sale. then retail shopping and out to dinner. They surprised me with tickets for all of us to attend OKC Philharmonic Orchestra. It was a loud busy crazy fun weekend. I am worn out lol

Janetr okc

Happy Birthday Janet! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Happyyyyy bdayyyyyyyy janetr !!!!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Janetr - I hope you have a fantastic Birthday <3

6n3ao5ji8vvg.gif
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Janet! Glad you had a good weekend.

Lisa
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Janet r-Happy birthday
    Janet-Sorry to hear about your sister.

I did make it to the Health center and used the nu-step machine for 15 minutes. I tried the new treadmills and had to jump off as it sped up. I don't know why but will find out.

I got lazy this morning and didn't get my walk in.
    Large salad for lunch.
    Just relaxing today. See you all tomorrow.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... how very sad about your sister. Hugs. Glad you were able to enjoy your birthday. Happy Birthday!

Beth
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janet Happy Birthday!!

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🤗
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    ok I stress ate today, it was keto but went overboard on mixed nuts... hopefully the bloodwork in the morning comes out ok..
    I have to take some deep breaths and get through this week..
    with grace and dignity.. i had about 1/2 hr with a dear friend and then got the call that my bed was going to arrive in 1/2 hr so off I had to come back home...
    so I am going to wait to put my bed together until my friend Trudy is back.. its alot to put together and its more fun with the 2 of us..
  • 62pinecomes
    62pinecomes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love when it is a new month. It is a good time to rethink and re-look at what I would like to do different. I am back to using the daily food planner, I am attending an exercise program twice a week with my sister in law which is also helpful to have a 'partner' when exercising ;) I am so close to my goal but I can so easily get off track. Is it part of being 62 and not as motivated as I was 10 years ago? Ha. At the end of a work day the recliner and some snuggle time with my puppy feel awfully good :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ What kind of bed did you get that you have to put it together? It just occurred to me that we have never bought a bed...hand offs from family so never needed to.

62Pinecomes ~ What a cute pup! give us a name to call you and a general location.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Would you believe that the permanent bridge came in TODAY. Timing! They were going to try to get me in this afternoon, but I was out by the pool helping Vince cut the solar cover and put the new one on the rollers so I'll go at my scheduled appt. Tuesday. Isn't that something?

Made a decent amount of cookies for Lynette so I'm not going to bother with the pie

Michele in NC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Hi, from cold and rainy Nebraska. It was a nice weekend, went by way to fast. DH and I had a nice anniversary. Thanks for all the good wishes. Means a lot. Sunday morning we were having breakfast in the motel lobby. Next thing we know we are in the middle of a wedding party opening gifts from their from the wedding the night before. Where we were sitting we would of had to walk in front of everyone. So we just sat there eating breakfast watching them open gifts. It was interesting to see what they got and how they reacted. But it was nice for DH and I just to get away.
    Allie--Glad you are getting so down time. Know you have had a lot going on. Take care of yourself.
    Ginny--Happy Birthday and glad you ordered the red chair. Post a picture when you get it.
    Karen--Gld to hear Olivia and Phoenix are back in the states and getting settled in.
    Karen--Congrates and Lilliana Belle is beautiful.
    Beth--I understand I worry all the time about things and then in the end things work out, maybe not the way I wanted, and then I am mad at myself for not having patience.
    Janetr--So sorry for your loss.
    Well I am up to page 14, time to finish up some work and get ready to go home. I am working on two Christmas stockings for new members of the family. So far I have made one for each of our grandchildren and great grandsons so will get them done and delivered before Dec 1.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3