NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- NOVEMBER 2019 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @tomasmasot you've got the point 😉! That's 100% why we do this, here, as a challenge. We all struggle and we all win merely by trying over and over again. I suspect that 75% of the lost points are attributed to nights that are by far better than what we used to do without this challenge.

Way to go! 🍀
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! What an awesome challenge! I’m just seeing this so do I just start with tonight? Or do I back track to the first of the month? If I start tonight.....

Me:1
    LNS:0

Now here is the crazy thing: my SO needs to be on this challenge. This is his weakness. He will pride himself of barely eating anything during the day... but while we are all sleeping, he eats 2 days worth of calories while snacking in the wee hours. How can I help him without sounding like a nag or judge mental? He has also been a little discouraged because I’m down almost 34lbs and he has gained 20lbs....and he is always offering me sweets and fattening foods and I have been graciously turning him down because I’m on a mission.....
  • picklenees7538
    picklenees7538 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me-5
    LNS-0
    Tonight was a tough one but I'm laying in bed ending the day and managed to say no :) feeling pretty good
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Me:5
  • p_mad
    Options
    Hi everyone! What an awesome challenge! I’m just seeing this so do I just start with tonight? Or do I back track to the first of the month? If I start tonight.....

Me:1

Now here is the crazy thing: my SO needs to be on this challenge. This is his weakness. He will pride himself of barely eating anything during the day... but while we are all sleeping, he eats 2 days worth of calories while snacking in the wee hours. How can I help him without sounding like a nag or judge mental? He has also been a little discouraged because I’m down almost 34lbs and he has gained 20lbs....and he is always offering me sweets and fattening foods and I have been graciously turning him down because I’m on a mission.....
    Please take my advice with a grain of salt, but you could sit him down and maybe discuss his trigger foods and then reach a consensus as to not to buy that food(s).
    I really think that coming to terms with what is making him binge will help. :)

• Annagrace75
    Annagrace75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’m in! This is my biggest struggle!
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 5,117 Member
    Options
    Me 4
    LNS 1
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 1

Streak +1
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,170 Member
    Options
    Me5
    Lns0
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Me 5
    LNS 0
  • p_mad
    Options
    Me:6
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    Options

2559273t49nl5lamj.gif

11/4 (Only fruit after dinner)
    ME: 4
    LNS: 1*
    Streak: 4

I did have yogurt as a late night snack but instead of having one, I went back for a second. At least I didn’t have the last piece of apple cake!
  • tomasmasot
    tomasmasot Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ME : 3
    LNS : 2*

november6: i’m a little upset for today. I have slept less than 5 hours, which isn’t what i’m used to and ended up craving pastries and sweets all day. I just feel like I need something to cure my tiredness and exhaustion. As you could have already guessed it doesn’t help and at the end of the day i’m only feeling worse. I just try to full this emptiness and boredom out with food. I hope i’ll do better tomorrow and can follow you guys!!

november 5: I’m honestly so proud of myself. I don’t even remember when the last time was, when I had such a great discipline. I feel like everybody here just motivates me more and even when I crave something sweet at late night, I know I’m not alone and there are so many of you guys fighting as well.

Not eating after 9 o’ clock
    It’s reallly hard for me to define why I bibge every night. I don’t think it’s because i’m hungry, i’d rather say i’m bored.
  • Annagrace75
    Annagrace75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my first night not eating after 7:00 pm. It’s an uncomfortable feeling, but I’m willing to be uncomfortable.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 2

Streak 0
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 5,117 Member
    Options
    Me 4
    LNS 2
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,170 Member
    Options
    Me6
    Lns0
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Me 6
    LNS 0
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Nov 6

Me: 3
    LNS: 3*

Streak: 2
  • picklenees7538
    picklenees7538 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me:6
    Last night I was so tempted but I thought of all the rest of you who were probably feeling the same way and said no! Feeling pretty good and wanted to shout out a thanks to this challenge for helping break a bad habit :)