WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options
    Viv, :) I love your kitchen pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Also will be interested in hearing about how you feel when you use the new kitchen. About sinks--one of the first places I lived was in the Bachelor Officers Quarters at Naha Air Force Base in Okinawa. I had a stove and refrigerator in an alcove in the one room residence. I cooked many interesting meals for myself and guests but had to wash my dishes in the bathtub. I still appreciate my kitchen sink because of that experience.

<3 Barbie

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    9x5rerqowbh1.jpeg
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Flea ~ So sorry of the worry you are going through with your family situation. And, that is a beautiful spider web.

Carol B) in GA

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Rori--I know how it is as my DH can eat anything and everything and not gain weight. And there are days where he will go all day and not eat.

Sue--Great news on roof.

Another cold day here, I am working and then need to get home and get some work done. But spacing off a lot and that has to stop.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Caught up on reading, not much time for much else tho. Just a couple of quick things (that I remember)
    Janetr, so sorry to hear about your sister passing. Happy Birthday, I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family.
    Flea, I do NOT want to meet the spider that spun that web!
    Congrats to those celebrating, hugs to those needing them and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I finished a walk on the treadmill on my lunch hour today. I completed most of the 33 minutes at a speed of 3.2 and was thinking about turning it up higher but was sure I'd get too tired and not get to at least 30 minutes. I happened to look over at a coworker (very thin and fit) and she was going 4.0 without hardly breaking a sweat or breathing faster. Gosh. Well something to strive for I guess. Since this treadmill adventure has only been for about one month I'll be more patient with myself.

Vicki, Southern WI
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just found this thread today. I'm in the process of recovering from surgery at the moment, but am willing to do what I can while on the mend as I am not allowed to move around too much until cleared by the surgeon to ensure that the incision is beyond the risk of reopening. My goal is to be in decent physical shape to be able to return to motorcycle riding in the spring. Any motivation/support I can get is a plus for me! Looking to get back in the saddle! :smile:
    drac2you in Bedford PA

Hello drac2you in Bedford,

I would caution you to not do too much after surgery, you might have a set back and recovery might be prolonged. After you are cleared by the surgeon, then with the motivation I can hear coming thru in your post you will certainly be riding your motorcycle in the Spring. I hope the Spring comes early! You might want to discuss with your surgeon the specific exercising you are planning to do to see what he/she says. Then have at it. :)

Vicki, southern WI