WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Janetr my heart goes out to you!

Barbie I had a mother who believed if she complimented me it would give me a big head. Compliments from others used to be hard to know what to say because of this. I have learned to to appreciate them, smile, and say thank you. I also know it is important to also give them to others, too.

A genuine compliment does not give a person a big head it shows love and support to that person. I learned thinking good thoughts about myself does not give my a big head rather it gives me confidence to face the difficulties life throws at me.

Compliments acknowledge the strength in you and others.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
    Janetr- I’m so sorry for your loss, my heart is with you
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Good morning ladies! B)

Heather
    - what fun with the grands! Where did you say the au pair was from?

Ginny - Happy Birthday to you as well! <3

Janetr
    - ((((hugs)))) Wow, 74. So sad that she never recovered from that broken ankle and the complications. Did you have a chance to visit her when she was in rehab?

Barbara AHMOD - smart thinking leaving the cookies behind. Got an email my BB&B DVD is on the way.

Flea - I think we are married to the same man when it comes to communicating with family. And I too finally gave up sending cards/gifts to his family for birthdays and Christmas. His mother would call, I'd answer the phone, he'd leave the house. She wanted to know why he didn't want to talk to her, and I disliked being in the middle. I'd change the subject and steer it around to cheery things. He had a rough childhood and was kicked out at 16 which probably had something to do with it. :(

Machka
    - that spider bite looks nasty. Is there a certain type of spider that does that or are you just super sensitive? Glad you went to the doctor!

Barbie
    - you are generous, kind, wise. If I'd have been your mom I would be very, very proud of you.

Kelly
    - so excited for things moving along with the zoning board!! When do you see Miguel and Joaquin next?

Karen in VA - are the grands back from France for good (or at least the forseeable future?) I was looking forward to your trip to France ;)

NYKaren
    - love the idea of a worry journal.

Reminds me of a book I read and loved, "Back in Control" by David Hanscom about curing back pain w/o surgery, and one of the exercises is to do expressive writing twice a day. Take a sheet of paper, write about anything for 15 - 30 minutes, then destroy the sheet of paper. I am going to try that instead of immediately heading for treats after supper, and see if I still want them. I'm thinking if it works for physical pain, perhaps it works for emotional pain and worry.

Missing Sharon and Meg - hope you gals are doing well <3

OK ladies, better get on the move. Little dog going to the vet today to see what can be done for her crazy scratching. There has to be one flea left in the house with monster jaws that clamps down on her. Have her on Benadryl. Perhaps its time for the oral flea meds, tho hate giving them to her if her misery isn't caused by fleas and is an allergy. We've pared down treats now to only carrots and their kibble, hoping that helps.

Welcome new gals!!

Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,805 Member
    Options
    Janet - so sorry to hear about your sister so young
    My dear friend Zina that I work with lost her DFIL he was a well known dentist and had parkinsons. It was a blessing...
    I went to get bloodwork done and I have to do a 24 urine catch..so will have to stay close to home today.. but am meeting my girlfriend for tea at 1 in the next town over.
    Waiting on my bed coming today ..that will be interesting
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Lanette - She is from Spain. But actually she is from Catalonia and speaks Catalan as her native tongue. (A lot of Catalonians want to separate from Spain and the independence movement is very active. Political turmoil) She speaks Spanish as well and my DDIL hopes she will be able to speak Spanish with the kids sometimes. They go to a bilingual school and speak quite a bit of Spanish with very authentic accents.
    She will be going on a course while she is here and my DDIL is going with her tomorrow to investigate. She is a university graduate. Her English is good. She is contracted for 5 hours a day plus two evenings babysitting. It's mainly for the school delivery and pick up. Bea's nursery and the kids' school are in different directions and when DDIL is in London (train at 6 am) my son finds it hard managing all that and a very exacting full time job. At the moment they have occasional days of after school club, child minder etc, which is tiring for them and complicated. My DDIL does the delivery and pick up on the days when she is here and always spends Friday with Bea.
    Just the thought of their hectic lives makes me exhausted. I hope Monica will make things easier all round. She won't have to do housework, just child minding.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka[/b] - that spider bite looks nasty. Is there a certain type of spider that does that or are you just super sensitive? Glad you went to the doctor!

Lanette
    SW WA State

I don't know ... I didn't see it. But if I had to guess, I'd say maybe a white tail. Their bite results in something like this.

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    JANET so sorry for your loss

Kate UK <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr- (((Hugs))) I’m sorry for your loss <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙆‍♀️👋
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    janetr so sorry for your loss. May her memory be a blessing.

Cheri
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Gin Miller’s Simply Step DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a spinning downloadable workout. Then I have to go to the neurologist and then the family MD. Vince is going to get his blood tested and then wait for me and we’ll see the MD together. He wants to talk about how using the Prolia would make our prescription plan be very much cheaper. To be honest, I’m wondering if Blue Cross/Blue Shield of NC may be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Is this the best prescription plan for us?

Stacey in Van – welcome! You don’t HAVE to post your goals. I never do. But it really helps some people to write it down, they feel they’ve made a commitment. So it’s OK if you would like to or not. We’re here to support you in what works for you.

Ginny OH – happy happy birthday

Heather – Ina Garten suggests using an ice cream scoop to get the cake batter into the cupcake liners. She does it so that all the cupcakes are the same size. I do it mainly so that there isn’t as big a mess….lol

Remember the bridge came out and I just didn’t bother to have it replace, I figured things won’t shift in such a short period of time. Well, yesterday as I was brushing my teeth, I didn’t recall such a large space between 2 of the teeth. So I went to the dentist today and they made another temp. bridge, put it in. Well, for some reason, now I don’t feel that space between the teeth. You know that I’m going to be extra extra careful. Lots of soups. I have been eating (or trying to mostly) on the other side of my mouth, I’ve even avoided flossing thinking that might JUST take the temp. bridge out. Not flossing for a few weeks isn’t going to kill me. One more week to go!

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
    Pppp09st0ym4bmmj.jpeg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Today is my 70th birthday but celebrated over the weekend as my daughters came and two of the granddaughters. We went to a craft sale. then retail shopping and out to dinner. They surprised me with tickets for all of us to attend OKC Philharmonic Orchestra. It was a loud busy crazy fun weekend. I am worn out lol

Janetr okc
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Janet Happy Happy 70th!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Janet - Happy Birthday 🎂 Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday weekend B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    janetr - happy birthday

Michele NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ So sorry about the loss of your sister. :'(

Ginny ~ Happy Birthday! Congrats on your weight loss!

Viv ~ Hope you will share photos of your new kitchen when it is finished.

Heather ~ The cupcakes were so cute and I can understand why you were knackered.

Pip ~ The hostile is beautiful.

Janet ~ Happy 70th!

Michele ~ Glad you decided to get another bridge.

Welcome to all new chatters! :)

Carol in GA