What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,965 Member
    3 x 10' on rowing machine, first 10' before breakfast with 2' as CD, rest as 2 x 10' on 2' off in early evening, with last 2' as CD.

On the evening pieces, I let the rating come up a little, to 23-24spm, so averaged 2:24.0. Last 8 minutes of the 2nd piece was at or above my age-estimated max heart rate (heh: so much for age estimates).

Totaled over both AM & PM, 2:36 in Z5, 19:02 in Z4, rest of the roughly 35 total minutes (includes CD & rowing in/out of "rest" interval) was Z3 (mostly) and below (tiny bit). So, call it moderate to high-moderate intensity, I guess.

Checked the DF because of discussion about it here: It's 103. It's really hard to compare the feel with "boatiness" because the nature of the load is different somehow, but I'd say that this feels heavier than my single, to me, more like some bigger boat. (Keep in mind that part of my single is me, and I'm not all that huge anymore ;) .)

I was thinking of doing some core work today, too, but it's Friday and I think I'll drink a beer and go to bed, instead. ;)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    flotek72 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Shoulder rehab
    30 minutes leg and cardio video

Any crazy looks from neighbors today?

I was wearing normal clothes haha no legwarmers today
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited November 2019
    3 mile run and a 30 minute cardio workout. It was a terrible idea to double up on cardio, that 30 min workout was miserable and I probably gave about 50% of what I normally do.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    30 min stretching/foam roller
    met with a trainer today for assessment, am in better shape than I thought - a nice surprise
    burpees...
    105 min strength training, RDL 5x5 90lbs max, upper body workouts, KB get-ups...
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    11/8/2019 workout: 45 min spin bike. (pretty intense, my legs were rubber at the end!)
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Warm-up 15 minutes, Pause barbell hip thrust 3*5 (3 sec pause), Seated dumbbell overhead press 3*12, Between bench dumbbell squat 3*20, Inverted row 3*10, Good mornings 3*12, Monster walk 3*20, Three minutes of booty blaster. The between bench squat made people look and it's actually a rather tough exercise. I combined it with the Monster walk and legs were toast afterwards.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Saturday fun and games

Approx 7 chilly miles cycle to/from bootcamp. Somehow managed to bag myself an 8th place trophy (up from 10), not bad considering my bike is definitely not designed for speed.

Bootcamp, urgh. Think she may have germinated the seeds of the plan for this class during my PT session yesterday when she had me running up and down a hill. Hill repeats plus muscular endurance.

30min rower, high effort, hr up around 150-160

1hr piyo live workout
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    75bmin endurance spin ride. On NEW spin bike!

Appears to be 10-30 watts more generous on power output with higher power getting more generous. Think that means I need to do an FTP test (basically a fitness test on a bike that's really hard). Not looking forward to that.

New spin bike is smooth though. Also made to be able to stand up. Yay.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Nearly 11k rowing this morning in an 8. Really flat water. We were, however, waked by two coast guard ships (go figure).
  • earlone1
    earlone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Looking at you
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Warm-up stretches, followed by leisurely ocean swim (some current)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited November 2019
    I did a Win Hof course. It was deep breathing, a little exercise, and finished with an ice bath.

I've not had an ice bath before. It was cold. I lasted 2 minutes, and immersed myself fully underwater.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    8-mile run. 🔥
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Did my rehab exercises twice today.
    I can feel a difference it's pretty cool
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    12 km early morning in the frost run in a new PB on this distance too
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    11/9/2019 workout: 40 min spin bike. Was only going to do 30 but pushed hard for another 10 min. felt good! No pushups, nursing shoulder.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    60 min spin class (19 miles)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Active rest today.

60min piyo live workout

1.5mile treadmill run