Welcome New Members!

Replies

• hifatmama
    hifatmama Posts: 2 Member
    I had no idea there was a community on My Fitness Pal... wow.
    I am awful at counting my macros... I always just wing it... and obviously i have not winged it very well . I need to lose 25 lbs.. ... I am joining a 10 day challenge to help but I am so glad to find you all!
  • Bandit1174
    Bandit1174 Posts: 1 Member
    G'Day All,
    Hit 45, cold turkey off the tobacco, diet change, gym visits, registered and paid for Spartan Run in June 2020, Ego too big to fail and so my journey has begun,
  • verynaughtynix
    verynaughtynix Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone
    It’s my birthday in 6 weeks so I’m gonna give MFP a whirl- wish me luck
  • WCDance99
    WCDance99 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi All, Looking for some friends to try to lose some weight by Christmas. I struggle with snacking and working alot so no to little exercise. I'd love to do a challenge with some new friends!
  • gabbyhays041360
    gabbyhays041360 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m just restarting my life. I just recently had a mini stroke and am getting on track so as not to go through that again! I’m 59 and tired of not being able to keep up with 2 grand daughters. Any tips to stay on track when you work 24/6 would be great!!
  • Himesama121
    Himesama121 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello all. I am Hana and I am currently on a journey to lose 140 lbs. I am looking to be healthy and not in pain anymore. Please feel free to add me.
  • Saunders7521
    Saunders7521 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Everyone, I'm starting fresh today please add me 😊
  • Hello everyone! I am Jessica! Starting back at it, gained back I the weight I lost. Went back to old habits, but I am so ready to start and keep going !
  • mallory1624
    mallory1624 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Mallory and I am new to the site and just getting started on my fitness journey! The past few years my fitness level and diet have been wayyyy off track and looking forward to getting it back!
  • mariamorrice
    mariamorrice Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, new here, I am trying to maintain my weight, any advice is welcome. Thank you.
  • BeccaLinn0074
    BeccaLinn0074 Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone!
    Just wondering if there’s anyone from Montana out there... or any of the surrounding states. Give me a shout. Anyone else is welcome too, but really looking for someone from the Big Sky state
  • jpobernabe
    jpobernabe Posts: 1 Member
    Greetings people! My Physical education teacher introduced this website to us today. I personally found this very motivational for it sets discipline, records, and plans pertinent to what we shall reduce/maintain/gain when it comes to our physical health. I'm starting to work on it today and I look forward to sharing my success with you all soon.
  • melking1969
    melking1969 Posts: 12 Member
    Hello everyone...I am back...Have fallen off the healthy wagon for the last year. But back at it!!!!
  • iheartsquats
    iheartsquats Posts: 2 Member
    Very new to tracking calories and macros etc so I'm looking forward to learning and seeing what result it can have on my body. I have alot of fat to lose and muscle to grow. This time last year I had a new born 2 month premature baby who was still in hospital and recently I had knee surgery, so all that mixed together equals one out of shape mama. I'm excited to get into some good habits see some positive changes.
  • BOA_13
    BOA_13 Posts: 5 Member
    Back again and focused for a change, please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Franc_is wrote: »
    Hi 🙋‍♀️ first time MFP user! Started late June with a personal trainer for half an hour once a week. So far I am strength training 5 days a week, cardio on the weekends. 11,000 steps a day. And a calorie deficit! Definitely working!

Wow! How did you stay motivated the entire time? Motivation is something that I struggle with. Not at first, but when I mess up one day, I feel like I have to start from scratch :(

Also, I'm new to MFP and would love to have a support group that can hold me accountable. Right now I'm on a basic calorie deficit with long walks here and there.

Sorry just seen your comment now. Honestly I just told myself to persevere for the first 2 weeks. And when I seen my first SMALL results I knew it was working just gotta keep going for another 4 weeks to see the next results and each time there were bigger better results. 1 slip up won't undo all your hard work. I figured if I slipped up, ill reset start again the next and focus. And honestly that's all I keep doing. Then I start seeing muscle definition I never knew I had and that motivates me .

This is great advise
  • astidog99
    astidog99 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, I am a big girl and after many years of never being near a doctor have now got some issues so I now feel like a fixture and fitting (not good when you have a doctor phobia!) I am going to have a go and see what I can do. This app seems like it will be a big help. I am a fussy eater. I really don't like healthy food, but the idea is eat less than you burn and you will lose yep? I have set up a target. The app has given me a daily calorie count.. I can do this. Just please dont expect me to talk about super healthy foods. I think (hope) that if I can eat the foods I like in moderation and cut out some of the excess rubbish it can only go one way (cant it?)
    So... here goes... wish me luck
  • Hi, I am 52(in 2 days) I am a cancer survivor..I am 4"11..I am just trying to stay as healthy as I can..for as long as I can. Take care
  • jillanj8762
    jillanj8762 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ya'll! I am 57 yrs old and moved from Florida to New Zealand 2 yrs ago. I lost anout 35 pounds in the girst 6 months with ease and then didnt lose more...or rather didn't try anymore. I havent gained it back thank goodness bit not losing either so...here I am again. Gonna do it with support this time so HERE I AM!!!! Im in pretty good shape other than overweight...lol. No longer need bp meds but need a kick in the butt to get going. Good luck me and all ya'll too!!
  • Hi, I'm not new to mfp, but I'm staring again, and looking for some friends. I'll keep my diary open, and I love looking at what others are eating too. Nothing wrong with closed diaries I just enjoy the sharing! I'm a 43 yr old mom of 2 and I'm 5'2" and have 15 more lbs to go.