What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Trying to make some space in my overloaded freezer with Christmas prep in mind I ate some super weird stir fry! A few icy Quorn pieces, the end of a bag of frozen edamame, red pepper with a little oyster sauce, miso, soy and rice wine with rather too much schezuan pepper!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Monday is omelette night - as I rush out to a rehearsal. Tonight it was mushroom omelette. (Plus peas and baked beans). Quick and easy comfort eating before the long rush hour drive across town.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Japanese curry! Onions, Carrots, Potatoes and Beef with a side of brown rice. Kids were happy!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Accudentally a double batch of cooking.

I started off with cottage pie made with lamb mince, flagolet beans, mushrooms and some tomatoe (and mash of course) and then made a lasagne from the mince I couldn’t get into my pie dish plus more tomatoes, spinach and the last of a box moroccon spices.

The lasagne turned out really well. (I’m just about to addi another box of moroccon spice to my supermarket order!)

The cottage pie is now ready waiting for us for Friday night.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    I made 3 meals..#1) I made italian meatballs made with ground turkey, #2) I made a rub for a pork roast & cooked it in slow oven for 4hours in apple cider vinegar & 3) I bought a delicious ham & made mashed potatoes. I roasted squash to go with everything
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Garlic and rosemary lamb loin chops, roasted veggies in tahini.

I HATE YOU in the nicest way.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I made 3 meals..#1) I made italian meatballs made with ground turkey, #2) I made a rub for a pork roast & cooked it in slow oven for 4hours in apple cider vinegar & 3) I bought a delicious ham & made mashed potatoes. I roasted squash to go with everything

Yum!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Options
    Cauliflower & Tomato Curry with Basmati.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Slow cooked Pork Tenderloin, Mashed potatoes and Green beans is what the kids ate. I had simple green salad with avocados and some of that pork. Num num
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    While the hubby is out of town, I am having some unconventionally structured meals. Steamed artichoke, air fried drumettes and asparagus, hollandaise.
    joszjd74fovs.jpeg
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,990 Member
    Options
    My wife complains I use the same four spices all the time...salt, pepper, garlic, seasoned salt...so I recently made a pork dish with paprika instead. Tasted adequate, nothing special that night, but the leftovers at work the next day tasted fantastic. Wonder why that is...
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Nutrition rich breakfast, 760 kcal (spelt mesh 60g, high prot milk 330ml, farmer cheese/quark 100g, mixed nuts 20g, half of small bannana, cinnamon, whey prot 20g)kepeq8gvyreb.jpg

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    made a huge batch of ground turkey & veggie soup. I live alone, so I'll be eating it till it comes out my ears! HA!
    314 calories and 22 grams of protein per 545 gram serving. Delicious!
    s7mnxpqs88ng.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    Options
    Lemon sole fillet, Mediterranean Couscous and salad.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Carrot soup and roasted brussels sprouts with a honey glaze. I only used 1 tbsp (give or take) of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter for the brussels sprouts (as opposed to a quarter of a cup and 3 tbsp respectively).
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    made a huge batch of ground turkey & veggie soup. I live alone, so I'll be eating it till it comes out my ears! HA!
    314 calories and 22 grams of protein per 545 gram serving. Delicious!
    s7mnxpqs88ng.jpg

Looks so good! My kind of food! My kind of cooking!

• shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Salmon patties and veggie soup. Nice cold winter meal.
  • Danicus10
    Danicus10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Pot roast and veggies with a sunflower crisp salad.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    pork fried rice
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash/Navy Bean Soup

Squash, beans, veg, kale - from scratch. Yes, that's my old-timey "jiggle top" pressure cooker used to prepare the dried beans. Been less than 100% for some days and trapped in the house, so a good, comforting Autumnal soup seemed just the ticket. It was; good for the soul, good for the body.

Haven't posted in a few weeks; been traveling/etc.

huxuju3azzvh.jpg