Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone new, you have found the most positive supportive place on the internet! Glad you are all here.

@bluffgirl67 - so sorry your momma is sick. How wonderful you can be with her. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

@jguldi11 - sorry you are struggling with fertility and glad you are taking control of your situation to improve your health. Talk about a great "why."

@amlundie and @gonna_reach_the_goal33 - in past weight loss efforts, I have found it helps to shake things up when you hit a plateau. Change your foods, change your exercise, increase strength training, increase sleep, meditate. Change your eating patterns, too. It is super frustrating but you will break through again. Just focus on the other positive changes you are making in the meantime.

Thanks! I am going to focus on lowering carb intake and hitting the gym, uping water. And I got my new scale that calculates body fat so I am hoping that number will show improvement through time.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Spent my lunch hour pacing back and forth between my desk and the door, unable to decide if I was actually hungry enough to go get food, or if I just felt like eating more than I'd brought.

In the end I was so indecisive I just lost my entire lunch hour. -_-

It's so frustrating. I really can't tell the difference at all.
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @bluffgirl67
    Thank you, I appreciate that. I ended up going to my workout and felt great after, it was the boost I needed to get me going. I also got a really great score on a test I took last week that had been bringing me a lot of stress. My food intake has been on point today and I’m logging everything, so I’m feeling a lot better than earlier :smile:
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Back to the plateau issue - I was reading another blog and it suggested to (always, not just when in a plateau) have imbalance in your daily intake so your body doesn’t have a metabolism pattern. So if you weigh in on Day 1, eat conservatively on Day 1, 2, 6 and 7 of the week. On Days 3, 4, and 5 increase your intake a bit (and fat particularly) so that your body has a new challenge to metabolize that. It also gives your body a chance to feel satiated and reduce cravings. Obviously not going overboard on Days 3-5 but just mixing it up. Nice to have a bit extra to play with over the weekends or for special events. It also said that it takes your body over a week to adjust to the plan and you might be a bit higher immediately following the high days. For whatever it is worth!