Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sw - 195
    Cw - 150.6

Loosing hopefully it will stay out or go under by January or February

Amber Tx soooo close to 45lbs gone but not there yet!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!

Karen in VA
    - a final word (I promise) on Medicare - as I recall, the Medicare rules were different for my older DH being on my insurance as a dependent vs me as the employee with work coverage. So glad it's behind us.

Katla - since I have the Ensure in my car now, I'll likely never be approached by a homeless person again. Which is OK by me as it can be dangerous. No worries, there are several food banks and a mission in town who will gladly take them. I have a grocery sack full of pantry items to drop off when I'm in town this week.

Kelly - good news on Miguel. Amazing how infants (human and animal) are so resilient.

Rebecca - I keep forgetting to tell you how much I enjoy seeing the photos of Athena and her parents, lol. When will you see her again? Any plans?

Heather - I understand your statement about your son spending on that one meal what many spend on a week's worth of food. And that thought has run through my mind a lot this past week, especially when I added up what we spend on our dog food and treats. I am aware that "There but for the grace of God go I." Grateful, grateful.

I found an inspiring (to me) meme on FB this morning:
    4jsy392lhjo2.jpg

2020 will be the start of a banner decade, right?

SuziQ - I remember the "Memories" song. I can't remember - do you have siblings or other relatives that call you on holidays and otherwise? ((HUGS))) to you on your path of creating new memories. <3

I am amazed I was able to unearth my WW log books from 1987 and forward. Goal weight 140 at 5'9". Of course, I was in a Seattle job where suits and heels were appreciated. I look at photos of myself from back then and frankly, I looked gaunt and ill. I was drinking a lot then. But my clothes fit! :(

Now I'm happy and content being 20 - 25 lbs heavier. My first experience with WW was in the early 70's, and I remember parts of their food plan. I ate a lot of plain white bread toast with a cottage cheese/artificial sweetener concoction broiled on top of it. :s But it worked.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet a gal from Master Gardeners at the garden I'm going to help "manage". And take a photo of me there. YUK!!! She's doing articles for our newsletter and has been bugging me so I need to get it overwith. I dread it as I prefer staying wayyyy under the radar and only took the job as a favor to my friend who has been shepherding that garden very, very well, but the rules say it's time for a new overseer. The deal is my friend will keep doing the majority of the work and planning (which she loves!) So trying to think of a very short text to send to the "reporter".

My plan is to meet her there, get the dang photo done, claim sore throat and scram, lol.

There's still a lot of infighting in the organization, which I am doing my best to avoid. If it overflows into our little demo garden, I'll be ready to pick up my snips and march away once and for all. Wish people could leave their angry, vengeful personalities behind. The organization was so lucky to be free of the nasty politics (to my knowledge) for many years, at least the volunteers weren't aware of it. Hopefully new blood = new enthusiasm!

New topic: I love seeing everyone's Christmas decorations and trees, by the way! Thank you for posting them! <3

Make it a wonderful week!! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😁
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla That was a really good arrangement you had with your school district!

Lanette I found my WW records from 1976. I ate tuna and mustard. Liver. etc. Blech. I did lose the weight, and would love to be the svelte 124lbs I was then. Ha.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Amber in TX:
    Lanette: Your idea of carrying Ensure in your car to hand out to the hungry is generous but a bit risky in my view. I wouldn’t do it because some of those people are unstable & potentially very dangerous. I bet your local food bank or drop in center would appreciate it. They would put it to good use at no risk to your personal safety. We have been approached by panhandlers in Portland in the past and kept our windows rolled up. We don’t want strangers to reach into our car. :noway:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Totally agree. As I mentioned, chances are slim I'll ever be approached on the sidewalk or anywhere by a homeless person again. I know it could be dangerous and there's no way I'd ever let them reach into my car! Heavens, did I give that impression? There are many agencies to direct them to.

The fellow we saw last week was very frail, elderly, toothless and could hardly stand, was basically dressed in rags. Doubt he weighed 100 lbs. He was likely intoxicated. The temp was in the 40's and it was starting to rain. When I drove away I saw him collapsed onto the front steps of the restaurant, head hanging. Don't know why, he reminded me of my dad - not the way he was dressed and his health, but the utter look of despair - how my dad looked after my mom's funeral.

Me fetching a can of Ensure from my car would not have put me in any danger, and it's someone like him I'd be willing to give something to. It might be risky for most, but in this circumstance, when with a friend at my side, I don' think so.

If anything, working with the police and 911 for a over a decade has likely made me overly-cautious.

I see plenty of young homeless that I wouldn't go near, and haven't been approached by one in ages. They probably think I'm a grumpy old lady packing heat so they avoid me.

They aren't far wrong. ;)

Lanette
    Sunny, finally, SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    Gfggggg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Sometimes I'm over-protective. :embarassed:
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Amber Beautiful tree!

Pip Bootz looks very content! 😊

Katla Great December resolutions!

Barbie Isn’t using a new vacuum fun? I guess since we rarely replace them, it is very exciting when we do!

Allie So sorry you are hurting more! Hope you are feeling better very soon! Continue icing swollen areas as long as things are still acute! Or alternate ice and heat if that works better for you. (Not an MD, but worked in accident rehab for years)

SuziQ Great song…the words are so appropriate! I, too, love all kinds of music. (Thought I was about to hear the Pachelbel Canon from the beginning of the song 😊.) Music probably touches me more than anything in life. It is followed closely by the sounds of nature. When they ask which sense you would not want to lose, I always choose hearing (even though I would hate to not see those adorable grand baby faces) because sound is so important to me.

Heather Glad your cousin was able to recover! Sounds like it must have been a horrific ordeal! At this point in life I find myself wondering whenever I don’t hear from someone as much as I did…I guess all part of the aging process. We really do realize that life is short!

Karen My Momma also set impossible standards when it came to the holidays. She baked for weeks and the house was filled with music year-round but was even better for Christmas! I did as much as I could when the kids were young but have stopped since they left. Hopefully, I will get inspired again with the new grand baby!

Barbara Hadn’t taken into account the short days. We’ve had some grey days, too. I remember growing up in Michigan, winter was time to gain 10 pounds and feel down… At least in the South we have a lot of beautiful days, but the season does shorten the daylight.

Kelly Miguel certainly looks no worse for his tumble! What a cutie pie! I was living as a single mom when my youngest was born. I am still so grateful to God that I didn’t roll over and smother him in the night as I was nursing him and working 10 hour days (I let him sleep with me and would wake up to him latched on in the night!).

Machka Love the flag picture. You look so beautiful! You gave me an idea with the pears and mangos. I always used to get boxed pears as a gift from a cousin who has now passed. Think I will get some to celebrate this year in her memory!

Lanette I, too, like the idea of being a little heavier at this age. I look at old photos and think I looked too skinny and sickly.

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday!!

<3 Luci in WNC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    My daughter is being admitted and will be under suicide watch. Prayers and positive thoughts appreciated.

Thank you all, you are my life line <3<3<3

Janetr OKC

Praying for her, Janet. (I am late reading.)

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ I just love the photos of Miguel! He looks so, so happy. :)

Lanette ~ Have to get used to your new ID. The swag is cute...I love camelias and enjoy seeing my neighbor's beautiful bush outside my kitchen window. <3

Flea ~ A trip to Mexico sound much better than worrying over gifts. :)

It's a damp rainy day in Georgia....Carol
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Awe Kayla most of the time I do not feel powerful at all. But I was a great caregiver. I know when the time comes to do it again, I will be fine. 💖
    💖Rebecca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Didn’t leave the house in time today, so no exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 21Day Total Body Circuit Workout DVD.

KJ – what a happy baby Miguel is!

Oh, remember how I was upset that they cancelled an appointment of mine. Well, I called that office today. Seems when they shut down the Patient Portal for the old practice, everyone got a message that their appointment had been cancelled. So I still have an appointment. I bet they’re going to get a lot of calls from people. Wish they only had one patient portal for all the doctors. To me, this would be more helpful. Say someone asks for a pain pill from one doctor, then another, then another. The third doctor would see that they've already been prescribed 2 sets of pain pills. As it is now, the third doc has no way of knowing this.

Went to Aldi and then WalMart. Unfortunately, WalMart had cookies for samples and I didn’t resist :/ . However, they did have cake at bowling (not sure why) and I resisted. This time they put the slices on the table. They’re having their holiday party next week so we need to go earlier. I think I’m going to take a shrimp orzo salad – mainly because I have the ingredients. I don’t think I have the feta cheese, tho. Hey, I can buy them at the end of this week and the eggs are on sale (49 cents) so even tho there’s a limit of 3, I’ll just go back in and get 3 more. We’re down to 3 eggs in the house but I REFUSE to buy some today at 79 cents when I know that they’ll go on sale for 49. I asked Lynette to get me three. That’s the least she can do. If she gets them, hard boiled eggs for me.

This one guy on the other bowling team was telling me I should do this and I should do that. I let it go in one ear and out the other. Another guy on his team whispered to me “just let it go in one ear and out the other. He isn’t that great of a bowler”. One thing I’ve noticed, the really good bowlers don’t offer advice unless you ask for it. Guess the “intermediate” bowlers feel they have to offer advice to make themselves feel better. When I got 2 strikes in a row I sang to the other guy (the one who told me to let it go in one ear and out the other) that “I did it my way……”

All our ornaments for the primary tree are plastic or wood. Actually, I guess all the ornaments are plastic. I get rid of the glass ones if I find them.

Lynette – fantastic swag. You are so creative! With my name, you should see the guys I get friend requests from!!! Thank goodness for the “delete” button

Ceramics then mahjongg tonight

Michele in NC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather and Lanette lovely natural decorations, so festive and beautiful. <3

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,298 Member
    Options
    KJ - The photos of Miguel are fabulous. Oh those smiles. <3:D

Ate better today and did 950 cals of exercise. o:)

Love Heather UK