Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 997Member Member Posts: 997Member Member
    Pan sautéed Brussel Sprouts, garlic, vegan bacon lardons with a splash of white wine, honey & a large dollop of Dijon.

Served with a grain that was new to me - pearled spelt.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,117Member Member Posts: 8,117Member Member
    Store bought frozen pizza margarita with added diced turkey sausage.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,560Member Member Posts: 4,560Member Member
    Salad with grapes, candied walnuts, St Agur, ranch.
    cu2q2jdutwai.jpeg

• mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 725Member Member Posts: 725Member Member
    Saturday dinner appetizer: Slowcooker Split Pea Soup (to go with last of leftover Stroganoff-like slowcooker Creamy Chicken from the other evening). Pretty good. Macros: 213 cal, 16g protein, 29g carb, 4g fat, but a bit of a hit, prob from the ham, of 501mg sodium per serving. Overloaded vs. the recipe with carrots and celery per our preference. Rather than buzzing it with an immersion blender for a thicker result, I left it "natural" this time.

Photos:
    1. prepared and commencing cook cycle.
    2. served.

3pu49d7ma556.jpg

gftgoahqejdv.jpg

• alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,733Member Member Posts: 1,733Member Member
    Shrimp ceviche. The first time I have made that at home - it will not be the last!
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 725Member Member Posts: 725Member Member
    Proof that it is the simple things in life that matter.

Probably not obvious to folks reviewing my postings since midsummer is that fact that nothing was baked. Outdoor grill and stovetop only (including pressure cooking and slow cooker), as our ancient (30+ yrs) oven gave up the ghost. We got along without it, due to summer, activities and travel, but with the cold season onset, we just got a new oven delivered Friday.

Sunday evening, first full meal with it to commission the new unit: simple baked chicken with baked sweet potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts and side salad. Really hit the spot.

MFP computes this plate as 696cal, 63g protein, 20g fat, 63g carb (17g fiber).

Photos:
    1. the whole spread just out of the new oven.
    2. served.

vpnyu6659rvf.jpg

6j0uj2o56gy2.jpg
  • GreenValliGreenValli Posts: 821Member Member Posts: 821Member Member
    Arroz con pollo (Mexican Chicken and rice) with a salad. My husband's request.
    Turkey kofta kebabs, tzatziki, roasted cauliflower buckwheat salad, tabbouleh.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,560Member Member Posts: 4,560Member Member
    I don't normally cook during the work week because I have the corporate job and hubby is a freelancer. However, I accidentally defrosted chicken thighs on Sunday when we were actually planning to use up leftovers. Dinner was pimped up leftover Thai pomelo salad, slightly disappointing air fryer salt and pepper chicken, rice.
    qjloss4rc4qj.jpeg
  • alisaanderson3572alisaanderson3572 Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
    Chicken madras and rice. Poppadoms and chutney.
    Big *kitten* Buddha bowl.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 1,186Member Member Posts: 1,186Member Member
    This is pretty common of how we eat. Made a Copycat recipe of the Carrabba's Sausage and Lentil Soup. If you've ever been to Carrabba's, you know which one I mean.

Made it with two lbs of Chicken Sweet Italian Sausage (from Sprouts) -- browned and set aside and chopped up when cooled.

4 TBS EVOO
    Two Large White Sweet Onions
    Six stalks Celery
    Four large carrots
    Four cans of diced tomatoes
    Red Pepper -- chopped
    1 lb Portobellos
    One Lb Frozen Spinach
    Two boxes Organic Chicken Broth (ended up adding a bit of Vegetable Broth too).
    One bunch of fresh garlic
    1 lb of Green Lentils
    Red Pepper flakes
    Oregano
    Basil
    Black Pepper
    Thyme
    Salt to taste

Pretty simple to make. Just brown the sausage in EVOO, leave the drippings. Add in the onions, celery and carrots and cook for around five minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except the salt (lentils don't cook well with salt). Cook around 30 minutes on simmer. Add back in your sausage. You can also add frozen spinach right at the end to cool the soup down. Salt to taste when done. Add Parm or Pecorino to garnish.

This would also be so easy in a Instant Pot but this is a double recipe and wouldn't likely fit. If you use an Instant Pot, half the ingredients.
    edited December 2019
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 450Member Member Posts: 450Member Member
    Cauliflower Arugula soup and Cheese melt (Havarti and Rye)

I also made a batch of Arugula pesto (Arugula, garlic, hazelnut, evoo, lemon juice and pink salt) which turned out very good!
    Pork kebabs, curried pumpkin pure, tabouli, leftover roasted cauliflower and tahini mint sauce.
  • 1948Peachy1948Peachy Posts: 1,160Member Member Posts: 1,160Member Member
    just_Tomek: How many meals do you cook a day? LOL
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    just_Tomek: How many meals do you cook a day? LOL

Cook? Dinner. Every day. unless its the weekend. On weekends I also cook a proper breakfast.
    Prep... breakfast and lunch box for work 5 days a week. but this isnt cooking, this is using up leftovers.
    On occasion I bake :)
    edited December 2019
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 450Member Member Posts: 450Member Member
    steak, redskin potatoes with arugula pesto, broccollini and radish, cucumber salad.
  • petitchatnoir41petitchatnoir41 Posts: 52Member Member Posts: 52Member Member
    Vegetarian Sriracha Pasta with sauted veggies <3
    Osso Bucco type stew in IP.
  • hesn92hesn92 Posts: 5,801Member Member Posts: 5,801Member Member
    I forgot to put dinner in the crock pot yesterday so instead, for dinner I made a little egg scramble with bacon, onion and peppers. And brioche toast w/ butter.