December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Sorry you weren't as well as you thought you were. Way to hang in there and get the virtual race completed anyway. Rest up and hopefully you will be back to your normal self soon!

@mbaker566 Hope you are feeling better today and get to try out those new shoes soon.

@LoveyChar I don't do any of those smelly things either. I used to get really, really bad yeast infections. My doctor told me to only wear cotton underwear and avoid detergents and soaps with any kind of perfumes and dyes. So, I'm an Ivory and Tide Free kind of gal.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sooo... MONDAY starts my new running life. My life as a runner with an official coach going for a real goal. I am not ready for this. :) When I started running as an adult, I was a fat slob that could not run 10 paces (literally) - eventually, I got to be the dork y'all know that runs sporadically and whose planning could best be called "rudderless mayhem" - but somehow still hit almost 2100 miles in 2019. If I did not decide to take days off around the last 2 weeks of December, I would have surpassed that.

Now, there is like a plan and everything. Erf. And I am PAYING for this treatment. Sheesh. What is wrong with me?

@PastorVincent Okay but this is so awesome. And so, so, so, inspiring! Also, I CAN'T BEGIN TO IMAGINE you as fat! You ARE ready for this! You have obviously run your butt off (figuratively and literally) and it will be so good for you to have a goal. You have surpassed and exceeded expectations, lost the weight, and now you'll have a new thing to work toward. This is so imperative for personal and spiritual growth.

I think it's fantastic and you should be so proud of yourself!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Question: If I don't tell my husband and daughter that my aunts in the UK sent us cash in their xmas cards and I spend it all on race entry fees, does that make me a bad person?

If they sent it to "you as a group of people to share" - then yes. :p

If they sent it to "specifically you to do with as you want" - then no.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sooo... MONDAY starts my new running life. My life as a runner with an official coach going for a real goal. I am not ready for this. :) When I started running as an adult, I was a fat slob that could not run 10 paces (literally) - eventually, I got to be the dork y'all know that runs sporadically and whose planning could best be called "rudderless mayhem" - but somehow still hit almost 2100 miles in 2019. If I did not decide to take days off around the last 2 weeks of December, I would have surpassed that.

Now, there is like a plan and everything. Erf. And I am PAYING for this treatment. Sheesh. What is wrong with me?

@PastorVincent Okay but this is so awesome. And so, so, so, inspiring! Also, I CAN'T BEGIN TO IMAGINE you as fat! You ARE ready for this! You have obviously run your butt off (figuratively and literally) and it will be so good for you to have a goal. You have surpassed and exceeded expectations, lost the weight, and now you'll have a new thing to work toward. This is so imperative for personal and spiritual growth.

+1!

Question: If I don't tell my husband and daughter that my aunts in the UK sent us cash in their xmas cards and I spend it all on race entry fees, does that make me a bad person?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

my sister sent me gift cards to amazon for myself and my kids. I got a murino wool buff for my face and a new backpack purse (woo wee).

I want to spend the kids' on a yeti for myself but I already told them they have money so it's too late, rotfl

I should have spent mine on race entry fees too!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

What if nobody said anything about who they were sending it to? I mean the xmas cards are addressed to all of us, but also in the envelopes were birthday cards for me for Wednesday. So if it didn't actually say anywhere who or what the money was for, I could assume it's for my birthday, right? Right???
    Running stops me murdering either of them (or any of his family) so we could say that spending it on races for me also benefits them......

@Camaramandy648 Dammit, I always wish I hadn't told mine stuff after having done so too LOL
  • PastorVincent
    Options

What if nobody said anything about who they were sending it to? I mean the xmas cards are addressed to all of us, but also in the envelopes were birthday cards for me for Wednesday. So if it didn't actually say anywhere who or what the money was for, I could assume it's for my birthday, right? Right???
    Running stops me murdering either of them (or any of his family) so we could say that spending it on races for me also benefits them......

@Camaramandy648 Dammit, I always wish I hadn't told mine stuff after having done so too LOL

:p:p:p:p

You already know the answer :smiley:
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

Just remind yourself of your "why". What was it that made you think you need a coach?
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

Just remind yourself of your "why". What was it that made you think you need a coach?

Honestly? Cause I Keep getting PRs, and this year I was in my first competitive heat, like full-on if I placed I got money heat (there was no chance of that LOL) - So I started wondering, what if I took this a bit more serious? What could I do? Then a coach I know is like "Based your race performance this year, I think you can BQ" - and I was like, well I am not getting any younger if gonna try it needs be now.

I am just not good with change. Need to push through this till it becomes the new normal, and then will be okay. It was harder to do that before I learned that is a big issue mentally for me, now it is just as hard but I know why at least and that helps. Kind of :)

I think it's great that you're going for it. Having paid for it, for me would be great motivation to follow the coaching. But we're all motivated differently. I hope it goes wonderfully for you!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

+1!

No!!!!!
    Do what you need to do!!!
    Plus, you're saving THREE lives (yours, hubby's, and daughter's).
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    As we approach New Years, please remember that any gym you use is likely to be way extra crowded for a couple-few weeks. Please plan ahead for this and be extra nice, especially to the poor staff there
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Count yourself as two people or two holidays (your birthday + Christmas) and divide it by 3. My dad sends a check each year and I just divide it evenly five ways. My little man just gets it chunked in his bank account. My mom sends Monsanto but it's individual.

Just adding that ultimately it's your money, addressed to you from your family and what you do with it is your business. I won't tell...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I meant divide it by four but count two holidays for you.

We're having a ham dinner with friends tonight. I never hit my 7.75 yesterday, only 3 and I'm not sure what I'll get in today. I hope everyone has a great Friday!