The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• LakeHouse247
    LakeHouse247 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Ya’ll. I’m a 43 year old teacher from AR. Trying to get back on track after several stressful life situations happened in a row. Want/ need to lose 50ish lbs. Need help with staying motivated/ positive, so could definitely use new friends. (Have a tendency to want to stay on the couch and watch Netflix with my dogs.) Please feel free to add me.
  • 49 and still trying to loose weight. Afraid to post the same here with 89
    Looking for friends and motivation to help
    Thanks a lot
  • MaggieRose73
    MaggieRose73 Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2019
    LakeHouse247 I'm also a teacher and like you I have a tendency to want to decompress after a stressful day..... couch, Netflix and a snack or a drink. We've got to come up with a healthier alternative.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    I'm officially middle age! I will be 45 in August! Feel free to add me!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    @annliz23 Don't worry my friend. It's water weight which will come right off. You got this! No Worries!

I hope you are right 😀🤞
  • sinkjo
    sinkjo Posts: 1 Member
    I'm early 40s and destined to get back to feeling better than I did in my early 30s. Just finished up a Noom program and found it a good starting point for improving my diet. Now need some help getting back on the exercise routines. Please add me. Thanks.
  • kpw11020
    kpw11020 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all :) my husband and I are new members. I'm trying to lose half my body weight. He's just supporting me. Feel free to add us!! I'm 36, he's 42. His user name is mikeybricks77. Good luck everyone!!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Ong it's been a busy holiday season. I'm finally done entertaining. My brother goes home tomorrow morning, hubs is planning on working tomorrow so it'll be fun boy and mom time tomorrow. Yay
  • annliz23
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Ong it's been a busy holiday season. I'm finally done entertaining. My brother goes home tomorrow morning, hubs is planning on working tomorrow so it'll be fun boy and mom time tomorrow. Yay

Have a lovely day to yourselves!
  • annliz23
    Ok so double chin going slowly with exercise, hip sore today but still forced myself to walk a mile and half with the dogs now going to do some yoga stretches, onwards and upwards😀
  • annliz23
    kpw11020 wrote: »
    Hello all :) my husband and I are new members. I'm trying to lose half my body weight. He's just supporting me. Feel free to add us!! I'm 36, he's 42. His user name is mikeybricks77. Good luck everyone!!

It's great your supporting each other but makes it all so much easier, good luck to both of you!
  • Chrisjbrawn
    Chrisjbrawn Posts: 28 Member
    I'm 36 years young hope I'm ok in here?
  • _laura_s
    _laura_s Posts: 6 Member
    37, trying to sort my health out before 40! Feel free to add me!
  • I'm just turned 47, and my life has changed a lot! I'm divorced from the guy who abused me with food, and perpetrated bad eating habits, and my partners now are wonderful people who support me in my journey towards finding my waist. Actually, it will take surgery to find my waist (That's what three large babies will do for you) but I need to lose poundage to get the surgery.

I know there's not a model under here; my partners love that I'm a big strong farming type. I just want to be strong for the rest of my life, and for the challenges that living my own way throws at me. It's not easy, because I have fibromyalgia and arthritis in my feet after a car accident in my twenties, and that means that I have to meter out my weightbearing carefully, and I have exercise intolerance so I can't just work out the way others can. I'll have to sneak up on fitness gradually.
  • vikkibryant78
    vikkibryant78 Posts: 4 Member
    Is the monthly plan worth getting - advice please 🙄
  • potmen69
    potmen69 Posts: 14 Member
    guess this is why the middle aged group i started has gone nowhere lol. 43 lookin to get down to 190pds and go from there. currently 213. lost 13pds in 4 weeks. next weigh in is in 2 weeks. add me to ur friends list as id like more people to compare notes with.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,939 Member
    Is the monthly plan worth getting - advice please 🙄

I'm on the daily plan. I love it, and I recommend it!

• NChikerguy
    NChikerguy Posts: 17 Member
    48 here. New. Need friends. Feel free to add.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy new years eve everyone.
    Who's setting goals for 2020?
    I'm looking forward to being healed and getting back into all my fun activities. If I happen to lose a little weight then more power to me. Have a fun safe time
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy new years eve everyone.
    Who's setting goals for 2020?
    I'm looking forward to being healed and getting back into all my fun activities. If I happen to lose a little weight then more power to me. Have a fun safe time

I'm not going to call it a resolution because I know how terrible I am about keeping those, so I don't even bother, but I'm secretly hoping I can lose 25 lbs by the end of June. That's roughly a lb a week, and considering I'm still 100 lbs over weight (even though I've lost 100 lbs.....) 1 lb/week isn't too aggressive, I'd think.