December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options
1484950515254»

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner - Congrats on finishing your marathon and getting an AG win and loss 🥴 even if a terrible result. Take care of that ankle!! You might contact the RD and see if you can go pickup the award if it isn't too far away. Sometimes with small races they are willing to do that, they just don't want the added cost to have to mail something.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I never got my new year's eve run done but I still got just under 40 miles for December and my goal was 30 so I'm happy with that! Great job everyone on running through the holidays!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner - Congrats on finishing your marathon and getting an AG win and loss 🥴 even if a terrible result. Take care of that ankle!! You might contact the RD and see if you can go pickup the award if it isn't too far away. Sometimes with small races they are willing to do that, they just don't want the added cost to have to mail something.

Yeah, I would ask. Maybe you can offer to pay for shipping?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

Yeah, I would ask. Maybe you can offer to pay for shipping?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not sure I care that much TBH. The website say they won't ship because the awards are "breakable" anyway and it is pretty far away. I guess I just missed out because I didn't check sooner. No worries.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

I did 2 runs this morning to get 6k. The first run was 4.8k easy run for my training plan. The second run was 1. 2k to get home because I underestimated how far I had gone with the extra side roads lol.

As far as planning races, I am going to do the Wellington half marathon in July. Other than that I just pick up races as they happen. There is a 10k run on Sunday I can do now as I managed to get the day off.

Not sure what I'm doing today but a visit to the shoe store is on the cards. I'm pretty sure my walking shoes are dead now. Pain in my legs when walking, though running is fine.

Jan 3 - 6k
    Run streak - 14 days
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That's awesome that you stopped to help free the stuck drivers. I hope they appreciated the fact that you weren't dressed for standing in one place, pushing or digging. Glad the third car didn't hit anyone. Also glad you made it home safe with a useful roll of duct tape.