The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AdamAussie34
    AdamAussie34 Posts: 168 Member
    Hey guys new here, not sure if I’ve been added or not? Just working this out.
    Been using mfp for months but decided to try the community for extra motivation.
    I’m 44 and live on the Gold Coast Australia.
  • Genichik
    Genichik Posts: 2 Member
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    Happy New Year All
    I am 41, need to buckle up again after some weight regain last year. Would love some support!

I'm in a similar boat. I'm 40 and am at my highest weight ever apart from when I was postpartum. Do you have a specific plan for your weight loss? I'm starting with significantly reducing sugar and sadly, wine.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I'm back!!!!!
    lznhtlbkka12.jpg3mbr7gdq8deu.jpg
  • rolando24torres
    rolando24torres Posts: 1 Member
    Hello feel free to add me as well
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    okxd4zwqlouk.jpg

pqd9oc1yav9v.jpg

Looks delicious Tony..

Yes, and there was lots more, but ........
  • ailorm
    ailorm Posts: 1 Member
    I am a newbie to community, I've no idea how to add a friend but would like to be part of this group 🤞
  • Jim_Sawinski
    Jim_Sawinski Posts: 3 Member
    48, please add
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Just wondering - this group is called Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks. Where does 50ish stop? With another birthday next month, I'm getting further away from 50!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,162 Member
    Just wondering - this group is called Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks. Where does 50ish stop? With another birthday next month, I'm getting further away from 50!!

Wait, you are still counting UP? Like they say, "You're doing it wrong." You have to start counting back down after 50 or 55. Either that or just stay 36. Didn't you get the memo with your AARP card? I wonder if there's a market to provide fake IDs to people who want to prove they don't qualify for a discount.

50ish ends when you get back down to upper 30s. You've got plenty of time.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

The age limit is not strictly enforced here, Tony. I'm north of 50 (way north :D ) , but I don't act like it. I say, "Hang out here if you like it".
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    perhaps it can be those who identify as 30s, 40s, 50s? The 30's decade age wasn't a problem for me; we'll see how the 40's go. I'm really hoping that this decade will prove to be way better than the 2 preceding it all the way around!
  • rlm26068
    rlm26068 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi,
    50 this year and been lifting heavy for nearly a year now, loving it 😊
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited January 2020
    I went scuba diving today.

The first dive was too deep for me, due to my PFO. The second was a nice relaxing drift dive. It lasted 45 minutes at 12 metres. Visibility was poor - 10 centimetres to 1 metre. Water temperature was 8 Celsius.

I had a new undersuit for my drysuit. It was toasty - I really recommend it (a Quark Navy.)

a6o55dztf4ub.jpg
  • RobbG2020
    RobbG2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Early 50’s and own it!
  • BigBonedBear
    BigBonedBear Posts: 15 Member
    Hi all! 48 years old - working on getting the diet and exercise back in order. Looking to drop 25 pounds. Love this app!!
  • lindsaycd978
    lindsaycd978 Posts: 13 Member
    Early 40’s here
  • lindsaycd978
    lindsaycd978 Posts: 13 Member
    Hello to all. Happy new year! Ready to get this new year off right. Getting my menu back on track. Tracking my food intake like I used to and seeing results! Nice to meet all of you. 😊
  • sandra_052
    sandra_052 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all,

I’m new to participating in on line support. After reading the postings, I feel like I’ve found people I can relate to! I’m 57 and I’ve lost 30 lbs in the last year. I’m maintaining my current weight. So far I’ve Learned weight loss and fitness takes planning, motivation and an attitude change.

I would like to connect with other people who are working on weight loss and increasing exercise activities.

i would like to connect with people to Shsre accomplishments and challenges. It’s a new year and I can continue to lose weight and increase my activities. I look forward to responses.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hi Mandy *waves furiously like a lunatic*