January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Ahhhh look what arrived in the post today!
    FYI it took 1 month to get from the states to me. Love the holidays 🙄
    1dpoptijl8dd.jpg

Now to wait till its dark enough to run in it. Say about 3 months...

Good, now people will offer your beads! :)
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I've just heard that the woman I knew at the gym who collapsed last week has died. Despite how bad it looked, I'm still shocked by this news. From what I knew, she was a genuinely nice person who had been really dedicated to improving her health and strength - apparently in the face of a lot of challenges. She was only 38 years old. The gym is going to be a sad place this week. It's hard to process.

I’m so sorry to hear that. *hugs*

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic I echo all of the other condolences here. I'm sure it's especially shocking to you as you had just spoken to her. I'm pretty close to the same age, and am not expecting to leave this earth anytime soon, but we just never know which random conversation will be our last. I hope you're doing ok, and that you have someone you can talk to (face to face).

And then the joyous news... happy for you and your family! @Camaramandy648
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic unexpected death has a tendency to put things in to perspective. i've really learned to embrace the how important is it? philosophy
    @Camaramandy648 Congratulations.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 That's great news for you and your kids! I feel for the owner too. I don't think I could move and leave my dog behind.

@Avidkeo and @PastorVincent Yeah for the new running gear!

@katharmonic So sorry to hear about the lady at the gym. Hugs and prayers and condolences to you and her friends and family.

@Tramboman Hope you are feeling better!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »

@Elise4270 I think my favorite and best dish is chicken fettuccini alfredo. It's loaded with fat... butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. You don't want the recipe; it's addicting.

Butter, heavy whipping cream, and parmesan? We cheat and use canned chicken too. I like Romano, but for some reason everyone else prefers parmesan. I'm lactose intolerant and noodles upset my stomach. BUT I love fettuccine Alfredo. I think it was the first thing dd learned to make. She even sautees fresh garlic to put in it. Yum!

@katharmonic That's a shock about your gym friend. I suppose she had a known underlying condition? Prayers for the family.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »

@Elise4270 I think my favorite and best dish is chicken fettuccini alfredo. It's loaded with fat... butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. You don't want the recipe; it's addicting.

Butter, heavy whipping cream, and parmesan? We cheat and use canned chicken too. I like Romano, but for some reason everyone else prefers parmesan. I'm lactose intolerant and noodles upset my stomach. BUT I love fettuccine Alfredo. I think it was the first thing dd learned to make. She even sautees fresh garlic to put in it. Yum!

@katharmonic That's a shock about your gym friend. I suppose she had a known underlying condition? Prayers for the family.

Anything butter and garlic is delicious, have not tried canned chicken but I would...

After the marathon, I am baking a mandarin orange cake (really, I think it should be called a citrus cake since it also has pineapple in it, although, it's in the frosting). Anyway, though, in a house divided with 2 chocolate and 2 vanilla, this cake is a winner all around...

Mandarin Orange Cake
    1 box yellow cake mix
    1/2 cup oil
    4 eggs
    One 11 Oz. Can mandarin oranges

1) Mix cake, oil and eggs. Add cans of oranges including juice.
    2) Pour into 9×13 pan.
    3) Bake at 350 for 22 to 25 minutes.

Frosting:
    One 4oz. Box instant vanilla pudding
    One 22 Oz. Can cold crushed pineapple
    One container Cool Whip

1) Mix instant vanilla pudding and crushed pineapple (including juice) to thicken juice and pineapple.
    2) Fold in Cool Whip and frost cooled cake. Chill in refrigerator before serving.

Simple and DELICIOUS...

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    FYI: If you are shopping for a Garmin Watch, the 645 is on sale on Amazon.com for $309 right now. The 645 is the one you can load music on to.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @LoveyChar I'd love some cake! Or pie or ice cream. Did you see the commercial for the little Cesar's thin pizza? I LOVE thin pizza.

But. I'm trying to do better. None of that stuff helps me make better choices. I just want more of it. It's like, ones too many and uh.. something never enough.. totally forgotten that NA/AA quote. You get it though. I can't stop at one.