The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Feel more like I’m going on 90 can I still be part of the inbetweeners group? 🥴😜
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Turning 57 in a couple of months. Trying to get healthier this year so when the time comes to retire I got the energy and health to travel internationally.

Go for it, good luck!
  • CakeyPops234
    CakeyPops234 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi everyone. Hitting the big 40 later this year and looking to shift 70lbs before then! Day 2 of being here! Hoping this works!
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    I have a new boiler! Having a warm house and hot water again feels good...

I will probably celebrate by going climbing this evening.

Or a hot bubble bath.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hey all!

still floating around....holidays got the best of me..kids off...eating crap
    I would have 2-3 'good' days followed by a not-so-good day..LOL

Trying eat healthy clean and I hAve continued my work out...working out 4-5 days a week and taking 1-2 days rest when my body really needs it has helped a ton with soreness/aches/pains

Hope everyone is well!
    kim
  • earthsirens422
    earthsirens422 Posts: 1 Member
    Getting ready to turn 42. I quit smoking a couple of years ago and packed on 50 pounds afterwards. I want to change my dietary intake, lifestyle and just become more active and fit. I have poor willpower and know that people with a support network do better at lifestyle changes and since I don't have many friends out there or at least on MyFitnessPal I am hoping people will add me. Thanks!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Back at it once again, but got a fresh plan and fresh accountability, and would love some fresh friends on here, feel free to add me! Let's do this!
  • suzanneraitz
    suzanneraitz Posts: 1 Member
    53 and the heaviest I have ever been, looking to get back to where I was in my early 40s. Love this app!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    This morning I went to skate and do my first Tuesday morning class since my surgery. Wow it's amazing how out of shape you can get in 3 months. I've been skating but have only done gentle classes. Between curling yesterday and skating this morning I feel many muscles that had been forgotten. Now....do I go to cardio class tomorrow morning.....
  • cassierood
    cassierood Posts: 1 Member
    Started up again! Looking forward to connecting.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Afternoon Middle-agers, hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that your start to the New Year has been a great one. :)
  • justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hello! I’m 38.5.... looking to get back to my college weight before turning 39 in July.

Could use a few friends to take along on the journey!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy hump day!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    This morning I went to skate and do my first Tuesday morning class since my surgery. Wow it's amazing how out of shape you can get in 3 months. I've been skating but have only done gentle classes. Between curling yesterday and skating this morning I feel many muscles that had been forgotten. Now....do I go to cardio class tomorrow morning.....

well, all the stretching that usually comes with cardio might help some, maybe?
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Wednesday
    I'm not gonna make cardio class. This is a cardio class on ice so no stretching of any kind just skating around in circles basically doing leg day for half an hour. I will go out after. My shoulder is a bit sore from working it hard and I kinda wanted to go throw rocks after physio today. Have a great day my friends
  • Josh_Friedman
    Josh_Friedman Posts: 112 Member
    I did it. I got like 3 awesome shots out of 12 most were not super horrible well except one crappy shot that missed but I over thought it.
    I got yelled at most times i went to sweep, flirty old guy was his usual flirty self (not to be mistsken for creepy old perv who wasn't there) but we won!!!! So happy to be back aao2ipq76l0m.jpeg

Where is this? I've never seen ice with a mirror over top. That's awesome
  • rylanmac77
    rylanmac77 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 43 and have been lifting for almost 2 years now. I'm in the best shape of my life at this point! I'm also beginning a new health-centric life journey and looking for all potential options and communities!
  • AliNouveau
    I did it. I got like 3 awesome shots out of 12 most were not super horrible well except one crappy shot that missed but I over thought it.
    I got yelled at most times i went to sweep, flirty old guy was his usual flirty self (not to be mistsken for creepy old perv who wasn't there) but we won!!!! So happy to be back aao2ipq76l0m.jpeg

Where is this? I've never seen ice with a mirror over top. That's awesome

Toronto, Canada. It's a curling rink. The mirror is so you can see where your rocks end up. Although there's no mirror at the other end oddly. The skating rink beside has mirrors along the sides and one end. I'm headed there shortly. 😄
  • mscanadianbakin
    mscanadianbakin Posts: 138 Member
    *wave* 43, would love to add more supportive, fun friends